Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2014 10:39:32 PM EDT
Any affordable firearm training courses in the central FL? I learned about Bushido Tactical on arfcom and they seems pretty legit but as a graduate student, its currently too expensive for me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any affordable firearm training courses in the central FL? I learned about Bushido Tactical on arfcom and they seems pretty legit but as a graduate student, its currently too expensive for me.
View Quote

What do you consider affordable? I think Bushido Tactical fits that description.  I don't think you'll find quality training for any less than about $200/day and I think this is a case where going cheap can do more harm than good.

In Florida I'd go with (in no particular order):

* Reston Group out of Jacksonville / St. Augustine
* Randy Cain and almost any other class held at Southern Exposure in Lake City
* Bushido Tactical

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The going rate for most instructors is $200-$250 a day.  Anything less and you may be getting someone not worth the money.  What specific training are you looking for?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The going rate for most instructors is $200-$250 a day.  Anything less and you may be getting someone not worth the money.  What specific training are you looking for?
View Quote

Keep in mind there are QUALIFIED and COMPETENT individuals who offer training at VERY AFFORDABLE rates,,, personally, I'd be more concerned with Instructor Credentials, Course Content, and actual Student Feedback before I'd consider the Price Point as an indicator.

OP... I hold reasonably priced training classes for flat-rate of $50 a day(except the 2-day PR class).  While I don't have any open classes at the moment, I'm looking at scheduling some soon.  I also offer limited free lodging on site for those who have to travel.  My small operation is located in Jefferson county, about 35 miles east of Tallahassee.

ANY of the other training providers mentioned above will serve you well; the cost of their training should not be the deal breaker IMO. If you're interested in more about my operation, you can visit the site:

Signal-0

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]
David Puritt offers some training too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What do you consider affordable? I think Bushido Tactical fits that description.  I don't think you'll find quality training for any less than about $200/day and I think this is a case where going cheap can do more harm than good.

* Bushido Tactical

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

* Bushido Tactical

Unless they moved very recently, Randy Cain teaches at Southern Exposure in LAKELAND, not Lake City.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Keep in mind there are QUALIFIED and COMPETENT individuals who offer training at VERY AFFORDABLE rates,,, personally, I'd be more concerned with Instructor Credentials, Course Content, and actual Student Feedback before I'd consider the Price Point as an indicator.

OP... I hold reasonably priced training classes for flat-rate of $50 a day(except the 2-day PR class).  While I don't have any open classes at the moment, I'm looking at scheduling some soon.  I also offer limited free lodging on site for those who have to travel.  My small operation is located in Jefferson county, about 35 miles east of Tallahassee.

ANY of the other training providers mentioned above will serve you well; the cost of their training should not be the deal breaker IMO. If you're interested in more about my operation, you can visit the site:

Signal-0

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signal-0

I would agree with this gentleman. I have had one of his classes and enjoyed it a lot. Look forward to going again.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Unless they moved very recently, Randy Cain teaches at Southern Exposure in LAKELAND, not Lake City.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

* Bushido Tactical

D'oh!  Yes, Lakeland. :^)
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Signal-0

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signal-0

Bob is good people, he is the best bang for the buck in the training industry in FL. Give him shot!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would agree with this gentleman. I have had one of his classes and enjoyed it a lot. Look forward to going again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signal-0

I have too.
I took the 2 day precision class and took advantage of the free lodging.
I hope to make it down again next year.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
http://ccwguntraining.com/

Awesome classes and awesome prices.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Just my 2 cents, but be careful about spending your money on training. There are literally thousands of " instructors" out there.  Some good, some out right suck and lots of in between. Look for professional instructors with a real company, insurance, credentials, history and that most of all can TEACH!. Look around, look at reviews, define exactly what you want to learn and go from there. If you start at it from "I want cheap"  your not going to get the level of training you ultimately need.

The nearest we (Florida Firearms Training) offer to you would be Tampa / Clearwater or Okeechobee locations.

www.floridafirearmstraining.com

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
http://krypteiastrategies.com/

I know the two lead instructors and have taken two classes with them. I enjoyed both and they give a lot of training for the money.
They usually have classes in the volusia county area.

I highly recommend them not only on their downrange experience, but the actual training they give. Their leo/mil only side is paratus consulting.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Signal-0

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Signal-0

Another satisfied student of Bob here. You can't beat good training from a qualified instructor for only $50. He's there to teach you, not take your money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top