Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is no excuse. We brought our wallaby to the track.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
let me know when you're going. i'll bring my honda.
And where were you??  

i had to take the dog to the vet for her annual. shots blood work all that. with a two ride there and two hour ride back I wouldn't have been able to do both. I'd already rescheduled twice before with the vet.

she got a clean bill of health.

how often do they do this sunday track day at bradenton?

That is no excuse. We brought our wallaby to the track.

the wallaby. oh i had forgotten about that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Ukgunguy you did very well for your first time at the strip!
You have a lot of time you can make up on the holeshot.
Transmission seems to be shifting too soon and I did not detect any traction

issues. Do you have stall speed converter in it? Rear Gearing?

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
how often are vet apt on sunday lol...
Quoted:

i had to take the dog to the vet for her annual. shots blood work all that. with a two ride there and two hour ride back I wouldn't have been able to do both. I'd already rescheduled twice before with the vet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And where were you??  

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Car ran well for your 'shakedown' runs.  Good going.  Looking forward to seeing what it'll lay down when you get it all squared away!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had a BLAST....this was so much better than the street racing I remember. with all the trash talk and who gets car lengths and the go.
A great big thanks to dan for trailering my car....and to my budy dave for tagging along.
Also to bandit man and his lovely lady for being there too.
I learned quite a few things about how to race on a real track...as I had never been on a real track before.
Was very nervy on the first run....but gained confidence quickly.....I still have a big grin on my face.
First run...12.9 at I think 105mph...with me short shifting and trying to get comfortable.
Second run 12.6 at 109mph with me shifting and the trans delaying going into 3rd for some reason.
3rd run on the bottle...I left the trans in drive and hit nos as soon as it shifted into second.....then the nos cut off due to misadjusted micro switch...12.5 at 115 mph.
4th run im still leaving in drive because I don't know whats up with the freaking trans not shifting into 3rd without a delay
I hit the nos when the trans shifts to second....it stays on this time and gives me 11.9 at 120 mph.
With a little work and some small changes there is more left in this street car....perhaps hi tens.
Anyway atb....mick.....video to come.
View Quote

First off I'd like to say I enjoy seeing the classic metal. Chevelles are pretty neat in my book.

I've been following the thread & didn't see you mention the trans.

Trans issues will hold you back big time. What tranny do you have in there (350 or 400) & what has been done to it? The not shifting into 3rd can be a number of things. It can be the shift servo is improperly adjusted or some issue with the VB valving or internally in the direct drum like clutches or even a sprag issue. More power more than likely won't help the situation get better.

Over the years I have seen lots of guys go through thousands of $$$ in engine & gears & tires & everything else but then dink out in the tranny. It is the second most important piece of equipment in the drivetrain & is absolutely imperative to having a consistently fast ride. Tranny malfunctions can be more dangerous than any other mechanical failure while at the track or on the street. I have seen everything from front seals going out & putting guys into the wall to all out flywheel failure resulting in leg amputation. Play safe bro, you have a good amount of power, try to respect that & be safe.

With 120MPH if you had a good tranny with a brake & you should be able to get those BFG drags to hook & should see mid to low 11's on the spray. Tune it right & 10's are there for the taking.

Glad to see you running at Bradenton. Nice track. Been there quite a few times over the decades... The spicy boiled peanuts are AWESOME! Burgers, not so much.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!  I guess I wasn't too far off with my 13.1 @ 108 prediction,,,I'll take 2 tenths and 3 mph difference on the first run prediction any day

Car definitely has potential based on the numbers you posted after the first run.  I'm very jealous actually haha
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And where were you??  

my vets office is open 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And where were you??  

so you had 6 other days to go and you dissed us.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to the op and others in this thread for sparking my racing bug. I took my son to showtime dragstrip last night and we won the street class. Have not bracket raced in 20 years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Thanks to the op and others in this thread for sparking my racing bug. I took my son to showtime dragstrip last night and we won the street class. Have not bracket raced in 20 years.
View Quote

How about some pictures???
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replies to the thread....What did I do....create a monster...lol.
Im in the mood to replace some of the rust with solid steel sheet metal...before it gets humid again.
Perhaps a thread with pics on florida  members drag cars and bikes.
Hopefully the next excursion to the track will bring a few members cars...BBQ etc...that would be fun.
Did someone mention a Honda and a dog.!...my money is on the dog.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish I had a pretty race car, but here goes.

Last nights winners circle pic.

My last fast car. I drove it more on the street than the track
406 sbc T400 3.89 gear, full exhaust.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top