Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 10:08:59 PM EDT
Anyone shoot here? Thinking of checking it out tomorrow but was wondering how it is.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot there twice before, I like it. No issues at all with it and much better than anywhere indoors here. Just make sure you read up on all the rules before heading out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
the rifle range is GTG..  just get there 10 minutes before they open as there may be a wait if you go later.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It's worth the ride.  Tomorrow you will likely have a choice between 2 distances - 50 yd and 200 yd (or maybe 300 yd).

The range is "long gun" only - rifles and shotguns (slug only no shot of any type) - no pistols.

There are 2 ranges - the short one is 50 yards and is typically available any day the public can shoot.  The other range is either 100 or 200 or 300 yards but they only shoot 1 distance any given day - saturdays are always 100 yards.  Sunday is either 200 (most of the time) or 300 (about 4 x per year) yards.  You can shoot on either of both ranges any time you are out there...

Shooters are generally pretty experienced and the range officers are "low key"/friendly.

ETA: OOPS!  In a day late!!!  Hope you had a good day...  tell us about your experience...
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Shooters are generally pretty experienced and the range officers are "low key"/friendly.
View Quote

I was there several years ago & shot the 200 & this was NOT my experience. Very unfriendly & very arrogant. I went to try it out but not too excited to go there again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was there several years ago & shot the 200 & this was NOT my experience. Very unfriendly & very arrogant. I went to try it out but not too excited to go there again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

this

the one guy there is a total asshole, the other guys are OK.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Ended up with a change of plans and didn't make. I think it would have been pretty packed by the time I would've made it there. I'll try again the next weekend it's open. Do they have lanes setup with benches there or is everything bring your own? What's the target situation like? I've actually never shot on a public range before. I've always shot either indoors or outdoors on private property.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#7]
The 50 yard range has room for 20 or so people and there is usually no wait.  The 100/200/300 yard range you shoot prone or from a picnic table spots for 10 people I think.  they don't sell anything so bring whatever you need.  If you drive to Okeechobee there are several good places to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The 50 yard range has room for 20 or so people and there is usually no wait.  The 100/200/300 yard range you shoot prone or from a picnic table spots for 10 people I think.  they don't sell anything so bring whatever you need.  If you drive to Okeechobee there are several good places to shoot.
View Quote

I usually shoot a bit north of there by Lake Placid on private land. It's a bit of a hike from the Palm Beach area but when I go I generally stay all weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top