Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 8:56:59 PM EDT
[Hi everyone im new to the site and was wondering if anyone shoots there ? Im just about done with my pistol build and im going there next sunday to do some shooting with my son if anyone want to go would love to meet people in the area thanks chad
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Back when I went to UF and before Gainesville Target Range opened up, I would go there often. I've been meaning to go to a 100 yard range and zero my 22lr conversion upper for a longer distance. I live in Jacksonville now but it might be an excuse for me to head on out that way.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
it's a decent enough range.  I stop by fairly often.  Often,, I am glad that I brought my own targets and target stand though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
yea im about to buy my own too
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it open the last Sunday of each month?
Thought that was when it was closed for "clean-up".

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I was there last weekend and it was open
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Are the range care takers with the orange vest still there watching over everyone?

Last time I was there they were.... Old lady walking around with a broom and standing dust pan sweeoing up brass befire it even hit the ground.... was also told you couldn't rapid fire.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
No not watching over your shoulder but there was one guy working there I had oiled up my ak a lil to much the night before and just finshed a 30 round mag dump when he came around the corner and said is that you doing rapid fire ? Hard to say no when your holding a smokein AK lol . he said the last sunday of the month you can do that . Its no a bad place for free but they got a 1 sec rule . the don't say anything if you double tap or even a lil more . just no mag dumps except certain day
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it open the last Sunday of each month?
Thought that was when it was closed for "clean-up".

View Quote

That's full auto and rapid fire day
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Ive traveled over from jax many times to shoot there.  I usually go at sunrise on weekdays but I've been a few times on weekends.  I usually run into one of the ROs who is from Jacksonville on the weekdays there on his off days playing with his own toys.  I've never had an issue shooting there,  aside from the hour+ commute each way.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive traveled over from jax many times to shoot there.  I usually go at sunrise on weekdays but I've been a few times on weekends.  I usually run into one of the ROs who is from Jacksonville on the weekdays there on his off days playing with his own toys.  I've never had an issue shooting there,  aside from the hour+ commute each way.
View Quote

Sounds like Jack (bigger older guy)
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I go out there fairly often. Not a bad place to shoot, I enjoy shooting there more than at Gateway. Last time I was out there the longer range was extremely crowded with people sighting in their deer rifles, and this was on a weekday early am. Other than that it's usually pretty empty.

I've only ever run into the dudes in the orange vests out there once.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
yea it get busy this time of year with the deer hunters sighting in there rifles . Im just about done with my ar pistol build I am going next sunday with my son. ready to get it done and do some shooting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top