Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/17/2014 3:22:59 PM EDT
In light of Crist's shenanigans at the debate when he took to the podium early and falsely implied that Scott refused to join in the debate, who do you think it will be?

Rick Scott or Suntan Charlie?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm certain Rick Scott. I don't think Amendment 2 is going to bring out the Dems/Libs people keep talking about - from the most conservative to the most liberal, people seem to be generally in favor of A2.

What interests me in Wyllie's campaign, that seems to evenly draw people away from both Crist and Scott in poll work. That should be the story people are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#2]
This is like putting this poll on a Rick Scott campaign site. There aren't that many dems that are "gun people" thus won't be trolling arfcom. So this isn't a actually representation of polls. This race will be far closer. What I find baffling is all the Republican Die hard scott people on here that say they are voting for A2. If A2 passes, but Scott and bondi win I'm sure they will attempt to block it. This election has so many people blurring lines.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:49:25 AM EDT
[#3]
F CstneedafanC.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is like putting this poll on a Rick Scott campaign site. There aren't that many dems that are "gun people" thus won't be trolling arfcom. So this isn't a actually representation of polls. This race will be far closer. What I find baffling is all the Republican Die hard scott people on here that say they are voting for A2. If A2 passes, but Scott and bondi win I'm sure they will attempt to block it. This election has so many people blurring lines.
View Quote

There will be a lot of conservatives voting for A2.  Not sure how smaller gov't people want gov't to restrict a medication that could help the seriously ill?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The ill have had access to THC pills for 20yrs. This is just pot heads wanting to buy weed. No one gives a F#% $ about the sick let's be honest people. What people don't understand is that weed will be like $300 a ounce in these stores. Not exactly the dime bag you remember huh?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The ill have had access to THC pills for 20yrs. This is just pot heads wanting to buy weed. No one gives a F#% $ about the sick let's be honest people. What people don't understand is that weed will be like $300 a ounce in these stores. Not exactly the dime bag you remember huh?
View Quote

Agreed!  Might as well let it pass and the state gets to tax the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Agreed!  Might as well let it pass and the state gets to tax the shit out of it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Since people claimed 2A was going to bring out Dems in larger numbers, Reps should have voted on complete legalization and stopped the flow. I don't think it matter now - IIRC a poll had 2A at 90% Yes, which makes me wonder if it's really going to bring out the Dems like Reps feared.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Unless the conservatives in this state get off their butts in greater numbers than ever before, suntan Charlie will win.

The Dems have learned that they can buy votes. Load 'em on a bus, take 'em to the polls, feed 'em lunch, and here's $50 for your troubles.

People should be in jail after what happened at the last election.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since people claimed 2A was going to bring out Dems in larger numbers, Reps should have voted on complete legalization and stopped the flow. I don't think it matter now - IIRC a poll had 2A at 90% Yes, which makes me wonder if it's really going to bring out the Dems like Reps feared.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

polls don't mean shit anymore.i have seen polls that said 90% yes, and polls that said 10% yes.

when you take a poll on 2a at a college campus you will see more yes's, and the reverse when
you poll a church. if the main stream media wants to show a poll of yes they will only poll places
that will produce the anwsers they want, that inturn will influence some people to vote the "winning"
side.

this is the trick to politics. if you control the media, you control the masses.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like market rate to me. Adults should be able to buy and smoke weed in their homes if they see fit. It's a bullshit law pretending to care about medical marijuana. Everyone needs to stop pussyfooting around the idea and just vote for full legalization.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Medical won't be that high. Take a look at Cali and Colorado. If Rec. becomes legal then we may see those prices, but with a medcard you'd have a hard time spending that much.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I think people are gonna be shocked when christ wins.  I'm staunchly Rep. But Scott has given me no choice but to vote for crist. Scotts constant attack on my pay and retirement leaves me no choice. I love my 30rd mags and what not but I'm a father and husband first.  I must provide for my family and put my son through school.  And I know every Republican public servant feels the way I do.  So while scott is counting on my voters registration as a vote for him that's just not happen. Scott and the tea party hard core stance on Public servant benefits cost them this election. I mean I've had tea party fools say my pay check is no better then welfare because I'm a firefighter.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Both are fucking horrible. One is a scumbag and the other is a scumbucket.

One wants to fuck wih the FRS that is 100% sound and stable and the other wants to fuck with pay which is low and crappy already. Both don't give a fuck about the average Floridian and both consider themselves the Elite Ruiling Class.

This is the first time where I hate both.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think people are gonna be shocked when christ wins.  I'm staunchly Rep. But Scott has given me no choice but to vote for crist. Scotts constant attack on my pay and retirement leaves me no choice. I love my 30rd mags and what not but I'm a father and husband first.  I must provide for my family and put my son through school.  And I know every Republican public servant feels the way I do.  So while scott is counting on my voters registration as a vote for him that's just not happen. Scott and the tea party hard core stance on Public servant benefits cost them this election. I mean I've had tea party fools say my pay check is no better then welfare because I'm a firefighter.
View Quote

The Republicans in power in FL aren't the salt of the earth hard working folks. They are the North East Country Club Elite Ruiling Class type. They see themselves as better than the average Floridian and they aren't Pro 2nd Amendment. For God's sake, we have a Republican controlled House, Senate, and Governorship kill open carry and before that make it 100% retarded.

The State pays wages, they fuck with our FRS, and screw us over on our other benefits. When I was a city cop I made twice what I make now as a state cop. I see these elected officials as thieves.... nothing more and nothing less. Same on the City/County/Federal level. They all look out for themselves.

They make $30k for a 60 Legislative Session. Out of that Session; Monday and Friday travel days and the weekend they have off. So automatically they only work three days out of a seven day week in a 60 day period and they get $30k! Of course that isn't counting the backroom deals and grafting that they do along with their other private ventures.

Fuck 'em all.

I have a wife to support. I have to keep a roof over our heads, put food on our table, and keep us clothed. This is the first time ever I am voting for a non GOP candidate. But the GOP brought them upon themselves. They attacked the public sector worker... who for the most part is a hard working patriotic American too. They expand government still and continue to fuck us over. They lie, cheat, and steal from the tax payer. They really don't support freedom and the 1st Amendment or the 2nd Amendment. They sure as shit don't support the 4th and 5th Amendment.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Crist might have my vote.

Between the House and Senate being under GOP control and the Governorship under Crist... that give use a lame duck government that can't do shit. Crist will veto the crazy shit the GOP pushes and the Legislature won't pass the crazy shit he wants.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Unless the conservatives in this state get off their butts in greater numbers than ever before, suntan Charlie will win.

The Dems have learned that they can buy votes. Load 'em on a bus, take 'em to the polls, feed 'em lunch, and here's $50 for your troubles.

People should be in jail after what happened at the last election.
View Quote

This early voting is going to be the downfall of this Country IMHO.
I voted early in last presidential and couldn't believe all the young people and fsa types in line.
Used to be just old retires mostly at the polls.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll go with Scott again.

Medical is just a temporary stepping stone to legalization. There are way too many worthless wake and bakers down here now. I don't want to attract any more with even more lax dope laws.

Could you imagine how many liberal POS north eastern yankees will be rolling down I-95 to escape their frozen hell holes in the winter to the most temperate southern state if it were legal here? Fuk 'em, why attract more of them with this BS?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#17]
for those looking for help from charlie christ, i hope you get exactly what you vote for.

remember we have already seen what he was made of. everything he promised last time
he flipped on. he said he fight the aca, he flipped and gave the fearless leader a big hug on
stage. he now wants to expand medicare so more people get free medical, guess who will be
paying for that.

you think the couple percent you pay into retirement now is bad, pepper your angus for new
medicare taxes, when everyone except you receive free medicare. everyone thinks medical
mj is good, just wait until it is covered under aca / medicare, since it is "medicine".

for those pissed about gay marriage remember who the governor (christ) was when we floridians voted down
gay marriage, pam bondi and rick scott are the people defending OUR vote.

i think ben franklin said it best - those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither. i will add hopefully
they will get neither.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

for those looking for help from charlie christ, i hope you get exactly what you vote for.

remember we have already seen what he was made of. everything he promised last time

he flipped on. he said he fight the aca, he flipped and gave the fearless leader a big hug on

stage. he now wants to expand medicare so more people get free medical, guess who will be

paying for that.

you think the couple percent you pay into retirement now is bad, pepper your angus for new

medicare taxes, when everyone except you receive free medicare. everyone thinks medical

mj is good, just wait until it is covered under aca / medicare, since it is "medicine".

for those pissed about gay marriage remember who the governor (christ) was when we floridians voted down

i think ben franklin said it best - those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither. i will add hopefully

they will get neither.
View Quote

The FL Legislature is staying in GOP hands. If Crist wins the Governorship then it is a lame duck government and that means neither side will do shit. Which is alright with me. I'd rather these idiots be arguing amongst themselves instead of passing more laws and bullshit.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

paying for that.

they will get neither.
View Quote

Thirsty? Have some hateraid! Well we wish nothing but good things for you too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The FL Legislature is staying in GOP hands. If Crist wins the Governorship then it is a lame duck government and that means neither side will do shit. Which is alright with me. I'd rather these idiots be arguing amongst themselves instead of passing more laws and bullshit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

paying for that.

they will get neither.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One wants to fuck wih the FRS that is 100% sound and stable and the other wants to fuck with pay which is low and crappy already. Both don't give a fuck about the average Floridian and both consider themselves the Elite Ruiling Class.

View Quote

http://wyllieforgovernor.com/
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Wyllie!  Political hack who didn't have the balls to attempt to unseat Scott in the primary where I would have supported him.  3rd party bullshit doesn't work and Scott is clearly a better choice than Crist.

On 2a issues Scott blows Crist out of the water, no contest.  The myopic among you will say "it will just be gridlock with Crist and republican legislature"...' Except for the fact we are going to need pro 2a legislation JUST TO HOLD ON TO CURRENT RIGHTS...  BATFE 41p final action is coming in January, and BATFE acting director Byron Todd Jones was a political appointment by Obama, good friends with Holder to carry out this administration's will.  CLEO signature for NFA items WILL be a requirement for everyone including EVERY MEMBER OF A TRUST (check out the draft of BATFE form 23 for a "responsible person").  Wyllie is just there to still votes, I don't give a flying shit what principles he claims to hold.  Scott will sign a "shall certify" bill, Crist won't, Wyllie is a wasted vote.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck Wyllie!  Political hack who didn't have the balls to attempt to unseat Scott in the primary where I would have supported him.  3rd party bullshit doesn't work and Scott is clearly a better choice than Crist.

On 2a issues Scott blows Crist out of the water, no contest.  The myopic among you will say "it will just be gridlock with Crist and republican legislature"...' Except for the fact we are going to need pro 2a legislation JUST TO HOLD ON TO CURRENT RIGHTS...  BATFE 41p final action is coming in January, and BATFE acting director Byron Todd Jones was a political appointment by Obama, good friends with Holder to carry out this administration's will.  CLEO signature for NFA items WILL be a requirement for everyone including EVERY MEMBER OF A TRUST (check out the draft of BATFE form 23 for a "responsible person").  Wyllie is just there to still votes, I don't give a flying shit what principles he claims to hold.  Scott will sign a "shall certify" bill, Crist won't, Wyllie is a wasted vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly! And thanks for getting it! I don't want that flip flopping faggot ass fairy fuck stick anywhere near Tally. Fuck him in the ass with an exploding dildo the size of a 747.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wyllie served in the military and is a successful CEO, not a career politician. His business history isn't riddled with corruption and theft like other candidates. He has been a major part of the Libertarian Party of Florida since 2010, including being elected as chairman from 2011-2013. Why would he want to run as GOP, and if he did, how would that be any different than Crist switching parties? Wyllie is the most pro 2A candidate in the race, he supported ending the NFA during his interview with CBS Miami.

That kind of thinking is what got Crist elected in the first place. Did you vote for him before too? Keep voting for corruption and people willing to compromise your constitutional rights, but don't complain when that's exactly what happens.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:26:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wyllie served in the military and is a successful CEO, not a career politician. His business history isn't riddled with corruption and theft like other candidates. He has been a major part of the Libertarian Party of Florida since 2010, including being elected as chairman from 2011-2013. Why would he want to run as GOP, and if he did, how would that be any different than Crist switching parties? Wyllie is the most pro 2A candidate in the race, he supported ending the NFA during his interview with CBS Miami.

That kind of thinking is what got Crist elected in the first place. Did you vote for him before too? Keep voting for corruption and people willing to compromise your constitutional rights, but don't complain when that's exactly what happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wyllie is a fucking moron and so is anyone wasting their vote on him.  I don't give a shit what principles he claims to hold,'you have to actually WIN an election to govern (an idea the statists grasp oh so well), he has no prayer and our nation has a long long track record demonstrating 3rd party doesn't work.  I'm philosophically a libertarian or constitutional conservative but doesn't mean I'm gonna waste my vote....  The two best examples I can give you of libertarians who understood 3rd parties did not work are Ronald Reagan and Milton Friedman.  If you wanna go ahead and waste your vote, rock on, you'll really "show them."  

Bottom line is Scott while not perfect is a significantly better choice than Crist, Wyllie is simply an asshole who should have challenged Scott in the primary but didn't and is therefore not s real choice (just a feel good choice for idiots) so a BIG FUCK YOU to him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wyllie is a fucking moron and so is anyone wasting their vote on him.  I don't give a shit what principles he claims to hold,'you have to actually WIN an election to govern (an idea the statists grasp oh so well), he has no prayer and our nation has a long long track record demonstrating 3rd party doesn't work.  I'm philosophically a libertarian or constitutional conservative but doesn't mean I'm gonna waste my vote....  The two best examples I can give you of libertarians who understood 3rd parties did not work are Ronald Reagan and Milton Friedman.  If you wanna go ahead and waste your vote, rock on, you'll really "show them."  

Bottom line is Scott while not perfect is a significantly better choice than Crist, Wyllie is simply an asshole who should have challenged Scott in the primary but didn't and is therefore not s real choice (just a feel good choice for idiots) so a BIG FUCK YOU to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cannot think of a bigger waste of my vote than to choose Scott or Crist. The irony is, all the republicans saying we must vote for Scott to beat Crist, would (and have), vote for Crist if the letter next to his name was different.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I cannot think of a bigger waste of my vote than to choose Scott or Crist. The irony is, all the republicans saying we must vote for Scott to beat Crist, would (and have), vote for Crist if the letter next to his name was different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#28]
from my stand point it has nothing to do with the letter next to a name, while i am a republican i do not vote party lines.

i supported charlie christ in his first run for governor, at that time he was wanting to buy some of our wet lands back
from big sugar (this is a big deal for florida wet lands, and a big deal for me), and was fighting for employees 2a rights
to legally keep a firearm in their car or to carry at work without being fired (remember this was a time when just having
a firearm locked in your vehicle at work was a fireable offense, this was another big deal for me as i carry 24/7 and
preach 24/7 carry).

i was however unhappy with his stance against gays being married and adopting childeren.

his opponent at the time was jim davis. some of davis' biggest endorsements came from bill clinton, bill nelson, and barack
obama no way i could support a man with those endorsements.

when a man such as charlie christ changes his stance on things such as gay marriage (i am happy he has "seen the light")
for no gain, but out of his heart that is a good thing. however when a man changes his view on everything that he just 8 years
ago stood for and fought vehemently against that should raise red flags. in my opinion he has only changed his view to get votes
from the democratic party.

adrian wyllie, i know little to nothing of this guy. from the research i have done on him, he reminds me of all the "am i being detained"
guys on youtube (while funny to watch on youtube i would prefer our elected officials to act different). he surrendered his drivers license
then challenged several sheriffs to do something about him driving without a license. he then challenged the florida sheriffs association
before he was finialy arrested for driving without a drivers license. while he might be a great person and maybe he would be the best
governor we have ever had, i cannot get past his side show way of life.

gabeowp maybe my post eariler came off as being a dick to you, for that i am sorry. i am one who takes politics seriously. we have lived through
a time in florida where if someone was shooting at you you had to try and run away before you were able to defend yourself, or your family. we have
lived through an "assualt weapons" ban. these are key issues for me, as i will defend my family and yours with the best tools available if needed no
matter what the cost. i believe in freedom, and do my part to stay up to date on these issues. i get heated when i feel others don't take this serious.

vote for who you think is the best candidate. vote for the candidate who will do what is right for our families and our beautiful state as a whole, not just
who is popular.

sorry for the long ass wall of text.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Wyllie surrendered his drivers license in protest after the state of Florida accepted federal "Real ID" guidelines. Basically, if you don't support federal ID cards, you should support this cause. He was always cooperative with law enforcement and even acted as a moderator during the sheriff's debate.

Quoted:
vote for who you think is the best candidate. vote for the candidate who will do what is right for our families and our beautiful state as a whole, not justwho is popular.
View Quote

Well put, though I'd add the caveat that it should be someone you feel will uphold their oath to the constitution.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm certain Rick Scott. I don't think Amendment 2 is going to bring out the Dems/Libs people keep talking about - from the most conservative to the most liberal, people seem to be generally in favor of A2.

What interests me in Wyllie's campaign, that seems to evenly draw people away from both Crist and Scott in poll work. That should be the story people are talking about.
View Quote

Latest poll says that Wyllie is pulling 6% from Scott and 3% from Crist. Crist and Scott are tied at 42% each.

If Scott loses, it will be because people that would vote Republican vote for Wyllie.

The good news is that polls never correctly grab the mid term election 'anti national incumbent party' sentiment. Simply put Dems are much less likely to actually show up to vote than R's this cycle.

I think (and hope) Scott wins. But it is going to be nail biting close.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Latest poll says that Wyllie is pulling 6% from Scott and 3% from Crist. Crist and Scott are tied at 42% each.

If Scott loses, it will be because people that would vote Republican vote for Wyllie.

The good news is that polls never correctly grab the mid term election 'anti national incumbent party' sentiment. Simply put Dems are much less likely to actually show up to vote than R's this cycle.

View Quote

Your logic is pretty convoluted.  I haven't heard anyone say they like Rick Scott but feel compelled to vote for Adrian Wyllie. I've heard plenty of people say they like Wyllie but feel compelled to vote for Scott. You don't hear Libertarians crying that Scott is pulling votes away from Wyllie though. If the GOP loses, it loses. Stop looking for other people to blame it on.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Your logic is pretty convoluted.  I haven't heard anyone say they like Rick Scott but feel compelled to vote for Adrian Wyllie. I've heard plenty of people say they like Wyllie but feel compelled to vote for Scott. You don't hear Libertarians crying that Scott is pulling votes away from Wyllie though. If the GOP loses, it loses. Stop looking for other people to blame it on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going personal the best you can do?

My logic comes from POLLS

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=2098

"Republicans back Scott over Crist 81 - 7 percent, with 6 percent for Wyllie. Democrats go to Crist over Scott 86 - 5 percent, with 3 percent for Wyllie."

Again FACTS and DATA not personal attacks.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=2098

"Republicans back Scott over Crist 81 - 7 percent, with 6 percent for Wyllie. Democrats go to Crist over Scott 86 - 5 percent, with 3 percent for Wyllie."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nothing personal bud, the logic used in your post does not equal your character.

You said: "If Scott loses, it will be because people that would vote Republican vote for Wyllie."  No, it will be because someone else got more votes than Scott did. That's how elections work in America. To say one candidate automatically gets votes, and if those people vote for someone else it must be their fault and not the candidate's, is convoluted logic.

One poll does not represent fact. This poll disagreed: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-adrian-wyllie-libertarian-governor-20140913-story.html
Unlike in North Carolina where the Libertarian U.S. Senate candidate is drawing votes heavily from the Republican side and Kansas where the Libertarian is hurting the Democratic candidate, the PPP poll found Wyllie snatching voters equally from both Crist and Scott.

"I think Wyllie's support is largely a function of voters disliking both major candidates," said PPP pollster Tom Jensen. "Races where that's the case are where we're finding Libertarians pulling pretty high levels of support right now."

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Did I make it in before vote fraud gives the election to Suntan Charlie?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's nothing personal bud, the logic used in your post does not equal your character.

You said: "If Scott loses, it will be because people that would vote Republican vote for Wyllie."  No, it will be because someone else got more votes than Scott did. That's how elections work in America. To say one candidate automatically gets votes, and if those people vote for someone else it must be their fault and not the candidate's, is convoluted logic.

One poll does not represent fact. This poll disagreed: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-adrian-wyllie-libertarian-governor-20140913-story.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlike in North Carolina where the Libertarian U.S. Senate candidate is drawing votes heavily from the Republican side and Kansas where the Libertarian is hurting the Democratic candidate, the PPP poll found Wyllie snatching voters equally from both Crist and Scott.

"I think Wyllie's support is largely a function of voters disliking both major candidates," said PPP pollster Tom Jensen. "Races where that's the case are where we're finding Libertarians pulling pretty high levels of support right now."

If the people that are registered Republican would go vote for Scott and the Dems vote for Crist. Scott would win the election. If people from both parties vote for the third party candidate then as it is being shown 6% drop from the Republican side and only 3% drop from the Dem side…. It is basic math that the dems get more benefit from drawing from both parties.

Your link did not work for me. Maybe you can copy/paste the relevant data?

This one http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-polls-governors-race-is-close-20141014-post.html

Says that Scott and Crist are tied with 44% and Wyllie has 9%. (CNN poll).

Another shows 44% for Scott and 42% for Crist. (Gravis Marketing)

There really should be no argument that a third party candidate pulls from both parties. And it should not be a drastic thought that a libertarian candidate pulls more from Republicans than dems with all the talk about smaller govt.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

ho lee sheet, please little baby jesus no hanging chad ordeal again.

speaking of voter fraud / hanging chads did anyone see the baynews9 article today,
south florida wants to break up with florida. i guess by their map i am a resident of the
south florida.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/10/22/florida_2_states.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

speaking of voter fraud / hanging chads did anyone see the baynews9 article today,
south florida wants to break up with florida. i guess by their map i am a resident of the
south florida.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/10/22/florida_2_states.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

south florida.

I'd support that and then move north.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

south florida.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

south florida.

I'd support that and move south. North Floroda will be broke if that happens. They pay shitty right now.... if that happens they'll pay their employees in food stamps... not EBT card but actual expired food stamps from the 1960s.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#39]
neither deserves the office but +1 for Rick Scott.. We can't afford a Democrat in office.. Where's Jed when you need em
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Agreed...early voting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:07:41 PM EDT
[#41]
double post
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is what a union rep had to say about Charlie Christ...This was considered by him to be a "selling point".

(Note...I am a career FF/Paramedic, but NOT a union member.  I dropped out of the IAFF long ago because of their unwavering support of politicians I am at odds with.
I do, however still hear a lot of what goes on at the meetings in passing conversation with co workers
.)

Last week, the The IAFF local from where I work was visited by a guy telling them "why they should vote for Christ, and why they should vote against Scott". (I THINK he was from Florida Police and Firefighter's Assoc, but I am not 100% sure)

One particular thing  he said, stuck out like a sore thumb...Here is how he was quoted to me:
"I know a bunch of you guys are hunters, and NRA members...And, I know the NRA keeps telling you Charlie Christ wants to take away your guns...But that's not true.
Charlie Christ is not in favor of taking away your guns...He is only in favor of limiting the size of magazines, and things like that".
View Quote

Again...This was said as if it were a GOOD thing about Charlie Christ.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes "sensible" gun laws.....

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Which none of that is going to happen. The State House and Senate will stay locked with the GOP. If Suntan Charlie wins he will be lame ducked from the start.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Which none of that is going to happen. The State House and Senate will stay locked with the GOP. If Suntan Charlie wins he will be lame ducked from the start.
View Quote

Doesn't matter if he CAN do it...The fact that he SUPPORTS doing it makes him unfit for office.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter if he CAN do it...The fact that he SUPPORTS doing it makes him unfit for office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just that but as I've previous stated, once 41p is law of the land we will need "shall certify" legislation just to keep existing rights (NFA access) and the push for further gun rights (open carry, less restrictions, etc.) will come to a screeching halt... But with some people you can't fix stupid, you can tell these bozos till your blue in the face that a primary race is where you vote for your ideal candidate and general elections are about the better of 2 choices...  They'll discuss their principles as if they stand on some high moral ground while their vote ensures shittier of the 2 candidates wins in a super tight race and they'll watch as their principles are pissed and shitted on completely by policy implemented by the shittier candidate but they'll "feel good" about their vote.  You can tell them how Reagan and Friedman were philosophically libertarian but understood we have a 2 party system and voting 3rd party is just shooting yourself in the foot....  But if these idiots refuse to recognize political realities and how the process works, we are all doomed to be politically irrelevant for the foreseeable future.  Just wait until the Bamster OKs 100k more Haitians in without Visas, we won't even have a majority in the FL state legislature anymore.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/18/Obama-to-allow-100000-Haitians-into-America-without-a-visa
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Marco Rubio is constantly preached as the Republican's great hope. I remember when he was a West Miami City Council Member. He went with whatever direction the wind blew. Rick Scott is no different. He will do what needs to be done to win and stay I  office.

At this point for me the GOP has failed me. We crossed the rubicon and are past the point of now return. We aren't going to turn around, we aren't going to stop the welfare, we aren't.going to stop the decline.

My goal now is to keep what I have and prevent further loss of right, money, and property. Simple as that... I have a wife to support and keep safe.

The GOP doesn't give a flying fuck about you or I. All they care about is fleecing you and I along with everyone else. They are the same as the Democrats in that regard. Trust me... I've dealt with them enough to see their true colors.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can bet that way if you want, I am not willing to risk it.

Crist has been in three parties in three years. You can't trust a damn thing the guy has ever said.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#49]
And you can trust Scott? "It looks like me signature, what's your question? " "oh, my answer to that question is the 5th" x75. This is a choice between a shit sandwich or shit soup. Either way this election taste like shit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And you can trust Scott? "It looks like me signature, what's your question? " "oh, my answer to that question is the 5th" x75. This is a choice between a shit sandwich or shit soup. Either way this election taste like shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep, I can trust him more than suntan Charlie. He has put his John Hancock on several pro gun bills and told the Dem protestors in Tampa to pound sand.

You note that the city's temporary (security) ordinance regulates 'sticks, poles, and water guns,' but that firearms are a 'noticeable item missing from the city's temporary, ordinance. Firearms are noticeably included, however, in the Second Amendment....Our fundamental right to keep and bear arms has coexisted with those freedoms for as long, and I see no reason to depart from that tradition this year......Like you, I share the concerns that ‘violent anti-government protests or other civil unrest’ can pose dangers. But it is unclear how disarming law-abiding citizens would better protect them from the dangers and threats posed by those who would flout the law.....It is at just such times that the constitutional right to self-defense is most precious and must be protected from government overreach - Letter to the Mayor of Tampa from Rick Scott (sent the SAME day he received the letter from the Tampa Mayor)

Compare that to Crist:
We need to have some restrictions, that's pretty obvious to most people. What do you need a 30-clip magazine for? Not to go hunting deer. I can tell you that because I hunt deer.

Crist has also flipped on:

Cuba embargo: On Friday, while sitting on the Real Time with Bill Maher panel, Crist said the trade embargo “has done nothing in more than fifty years.” But Crist explicitly supported the sanctions during his time as an independent candidate in 2010, calling the current policy “responsible.”

?Same-sex marriage: In 2008, Crist supported Amendment 2, a ballot initiative to amend Florida’s constitution to define marriage as being between a man and a woman. Last year, six months before announcing he would run for governor again, he said he “most certainly” support legally recognizing same-sex marriages in Florida, followed by an apology and plea for forgiveness last month. PolitiFact gave Crist a “full flop.”

Abortion: Since he first ran for Senate in 1998, Crist has gone back and forth on whether he is pro-life or pro-choice in different campaigns. After first identifying as a pro-choice Republican in his failed Senate run 16 years ago, Crist ran for governor in 2006 on a pro-life platform. His pro-life language suddenly disappeared from his campaign’s website when he left the Republican party and became an independent in 2010. Nonetheless, in his recent book, he still described himself as “pro-life,” albeit with a different definition: “Personally, I have always been pro-life… I believe life is precious and should be treasured. I like being alive.”

?Gun rights: During his initial campaigns, Crist slammed his Republican primary opponents for being too soft on guns. The Tampa Bay Times reports that Crist would tout his NRA endorsements, expand where concealed-weapon permit holders could bring guns, and nominate gun-rights supporters to key positions, including the state’s Supreme Court; he even criticized Marco Rubio during their 2010 Senate primary fight for supporting a Florida law that required background checks and a waiting period. But, in December 2012, as Democrats ramped up their support for gun-control legislation, Crist called for the renewal of the assault weapons ban and limiting ammunition.

Voter fraud prevention: Despite opposition from the NAACP, League of Women Voters, and others, Crist signed in to law Florida’s “no match, no vote” policy as governor in 2008, which required residents’ driver license and Social Security numbers to match up with the state’s voter rolls. As a Democrat, Crist has called legislation to prevent voter fraud, including Scott’s efforts to check voter rolls for noncitizens, a “bad idea” and “a mockery of the democracy we put on display every Election Day.”

?Healthcare: In 2010, running in a year with strong Republican momentum, Crist joined the chorus of Obamacare opponents, labeling it “too big, too expensive.” Crist said it “expanded the role of government far too much.” Two years later, he endorsed President Obama. A year after that, he can’t imagine life without it and says we needed it all along. “It’s the right thing to do. Our country needed to do it. I’m glad he did it. I’m glad we have it, and it’ll continue to improve, I believe,” he said in 2013.

Minimum wage: Towards the end of last year, Crist said he was “disappointed” in Scott for not increasing the minimum wage in Florida’s most recent legislative session. “Unfortunately, Rick Scott just doesn’t seem to get it,” he wrote in an op-ed. Crist seemingly didn’t get it either in 2004 when he too opposed increasing the minimum wage.

Marijuana: In the same 1998 questionnaire, Crist did not show support when asked if he supported the decriminalization of marijuana for medical reasons. Just last week though, Crist said he will vote for a constitutional amendment to legalize medical marijuana, calling it an “issue of compassion” for those who need it.

Which Crist are you gonna vote for.... The one that was against all these things, or the one that is for all these things?
And if you think you can trust him....... How could you believe any stance he said he supports when he flipped a very solid 180 in less than three years? Never forget, that he in essence WAS Rick Scott at one time.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top