Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2014 3:05:11 PM EDT
Finally got a absentee ballet, and i'm in okaloosa CO

Just need to know who are guys are this year so I can get this thing done.

Thanks

Free
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I  hesitate but I am going to vote for scott ... christ may have made a deal with morgan the drunk ambulance chaser for a state supreme court judgeship   http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_10/567047_Chieck_out_this_video_of_John_Morgan.html look at the vid then decide

also med ,Maryjane is up I'm going to vote that down.

BEST OF LUCK stay warm out there
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not Crist

(or the outlaw)

Stay safe!
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
where are you brother?  I'm headed downrange shortly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:56:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is the Candidates Page on the Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections Website.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:50:52 AM EDT
[#7]
KAF        
Quoted:

where are you brother?  I'm headed downrange shortly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not Crist

(or the outlaw)

Stay safe!

This

+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]
safest thing is to vote a straight GOP ticket.  You might not get the best of the best, but you at least won't get the worst of the worst.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not Crist

(or the outlaw)

Stay safe!

This

That.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes on #2
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Avoiding Crist like the plague.

Much as I hate to say it…. I am just going to use the NRA voting sheet this time.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Both  suck!  Scott is not a supporter of public safety. Christ just says yes to the beat of the national dem drum.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes on #2
View Quote

NO!
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes on #2
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

NO!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes on #2

NO!

Close minded much?

A natural product that can help with many medical issues with minimal side effects and no physical addiction vs. chemical compounds mixed in a lab that have many negative side effects and are in many cases physically addictive.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn Free, why would anyone vote for a guy that changes his party as much as Bloomberg?

btw, not a bad deployment.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Close minded much?

A natural product that can help with many medical issues with minimal side effects and no physical addiction vs. chemical compounds mixed in a lab that have many negative side effects and are in many cases physically addictive.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes on #2

NO!

Close minded much?

THC pills have been available to cancer and other patients for 20yrs. That is the only beneficial chemical compound in weed for the sick. This bullshit A2 is only gonna make drug dealing legal and put a headshop on every corner. I don't want my kid walking through a cloud of weed smoke in the park cause some asshole has "back pain". My whole body hurts every day from being a career firefighter and I still manage to live my life without being high. People need to be honest and just say "I wanna smoke weed" cause no one gives a F $#* about the sick.  Smoking and killing lung tissue will do nothing to help anyone that's sick. So yeah I guess I'm pretty close minded that druggies can get the F $#* out of FLORIDA and take their sorry Ass to California if they want that shit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
THC pills have been available to cancer and other patients for 20yrs. That is the only beneficial chemical compound in weed for the sick. This bullshit A2 is only gonna make drug dealing legal and put a headshop on every corner. I don't want my kid walking through a cloud of weed smoke in the park cause some asshole has "back pain". My whole body hurts every day from being a career firefighter and I still manage to live my life without being high. People need to be honest and just say "I wanna smoke weed" cause no one gives a F $#* about the sick.  Smoking and killing lung tissue will do nothing to help anyone that's sick. So yeah I guess I'm pretty close minded that druggies can get the F $#* out of FLORIDA and take their sorry Ass to California if they want that shit.
View Quote

Do you support banning alcohol and tobacco products?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure would save alot of lives if they did.  No more families getting torn apart from a drunk driver smashing into a family and killing kids. No more abusive drunks beating their kids and wives.  Seriously would decrease cancer, which would drive down health care cost aswell. So if no one gives a F***about my right to not smell some assholes drugs then i don't give a F*** about banning shit they want.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sure would save alot of lives if they did.  No more families getting torn apart from a drunk driver smashing into a family and killing kids. No more abusive drunks beating their kids and wives.  Seriously would decrease cancer, which would drive down health care cost aswell. So if no one gives a F***about my right to not smell some assholes drugs then i don't give a F*** about banning shit they want.
View Quote

Okay.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes on #2

NO!

Close minded much?

Wow.. You are not very educated on the MJ issue, or much or anything else related to health issues...
Or the various ways to ingest weed.
I bet a pot head stole your girlfriends in school...

And I don't want my kid to have to deal with low life scumbags if my child decides to use a product that can be grown anywhere, has been proven to be safer than booze, has actual medicinal uses OTHER than cancer and glaucoma, has ZERO physically addictive effects, and who's use has never led to a documented overdose or death just from ingesting it.

As for making drug dealing legal, I'd rather have ALL drugs available through legitimate channels than back alleys.
Then you will achieve several things:
1. Cutting the legs out from drug cartels and various street gangs.
2. Ensuring that what is on the market is actually just what it is supposed to be.
3. End the 'war on SOME drugs', which would eliminate the single largest grab of natural rights of the 20th century, reduce the outrageous 'asset forfeiture' garbage that pads the coffers of many corrupt police departments and their cronies in politics, free up the few good officers to actually focus on criminals, and reduce the prison population so that we can utilize the space for people who actually deserve to be there.
4. Reduce the burden on tax payers by eliminating a major cause of the misuse of SWAT and the vast number of mistakes (wrong address, misidentified suspects, misidentified objects) that lead to millions of tax dollars paying for these mistakes.

Quoted:

Huh, funny thing, but a certain group of people in England used that exact same argument to force a restaurant from cooking bacon, because 'smelling' it violated their right to not partake of pork...
You seem to fit right in with them....
Sorry, but unless the 'smell' can actually lead to medical problems or death (such as with toxic chemicals) you should just suck it up as part of living in what was once a free society.
I can't stand to be around people who stink because they have no concept of personal hygiene, but when I'm outside of my house, I may have to put up with it.
Just deal with it and move on...a quick whiff of pot smoke isn't gonna get you high or rot your lungs.
You are exposed to much more dangerous stuff than that and I don't hear you bitching about banning anything like car tires, or gasoline, or anything else...

You can keep your false sense of righteousness if you want, but I've got you figured out....
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't going to say anything, as his position is clearly guided by emotion and not logic. Therefor no amount of reason will alter his position without appealing to emotion.

You know there is only one candidate who supports your position, right?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup, and that's why this election sucks for me. I personally am a Republican. I can't stand either person, neither has credibility. While crist "may"(cause he has not said anything I've read) affect gun rights.  Scott will reduce my earnings. He has already violated my contract with the state of Florida by reducing my pay by 3%. He continues to violate the court order that says what he did is illegal (par for the course for a crook). And he had vowed to reduce my pay more if reelected and will try to scrap my pension. Now if you got I to a career based on rules and terms and then halfway into your agreed contract some guy starts changing it you would be mad too. You would have wasted 10+years that you could have spent getting ahead in another career. Now. . While I don't agree with scrapping pension for cops, firefighters, corrections, teachers, ect... If you do it should be from new employees this date forward.  Cause at least they know what they are getting into. But anti pension people don't understand those are not jobs that you want to turn into "paycheck" only jobs. The cost to train new employees is massive and of you don't have long term retention the turnover cost will far exceed pension cost.

And simply put, I'm just like you with bills to pay and a family to raise. I need every bit of my paycheck.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yup, and that's why this election sucks for me. I personally am a Republican. I can't stand either person, neither has credibility. While crist "may"(cause he has not said anything I've read) affect gun rights.  .
View Quote

Here ya go:

"Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, who throughout his long political career has been staunchly pro-gun rights, said Wednesday that after the Connecticut school slayings, he now backs controls.  He expressed support for a renewed assault weapons ban, a size limit on ammunition clips and tougher background checks.”

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/former-gov-charlie-crist-shifts-on-guns-supports-new-restrictions/1266801

We need to have some restrictions, that’s pretty obvious to most people. What do you need a 30-clip magazine for? Not to go hunting deer. I can tell you that because I hunt deer.” – Charlie Crist
Read more at http://shark-tank.com/2012/12/19/charlie-crist-exploits-newtown-tragedy-flips-on-gun-control/

So he turned anti gun pretty much the day after her turned into a Democrat.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I wasn't going to say anything, as his position is clearly guided by emotion and not logic. Therefor no amount of reason will alter his position without appealing to emotion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
And he has no chance of winning.
As much as I hate to say it, i will have to hold my nose and vote for Scott...

Quoted:
Yup, and that's why this election sucks for me. I personally am a Republican. I can't stand either person, neither has credibility. While crist "may"(cause he has not said anything I've read) affect gun rights.  Scott will reduce my earnings. He has already violated my contract with the state of Florida by reducing my pay by 3%. He continues to violate the court order that says what he did is illegal (par for the course for a crook). And he had vowed to reduce my pay more if reelected and will try to scrap my pension. Now if you got I to a career based on rules and terms and then halfway into your agreed contract some guy starts changing it you would be mad too. You would have wasted 10+years that you could have spent getting ahead in another career. Now. . While I don't agree with scrapping pension for cops, firefighters, corrections, teachers, ect... If you do it should be from new employees this date forward.  Cause at least they know what they are getting into. But anti pension people don't understand those are not jobs that you want to turn into "paycheck" only jobs. The cost to train new employees is massive and of you don't have long term retention the turnover cost will far exceed pension cost.

And simply put, I'm just like you with bills to pay and a family to raise. I need every bit of my paycheck.

Sorry to say, but even though I have a few very close friends who are FF/EMS, this issue clearly has legal standing for reduction of pension.
Here is an example: When my father enlisted in the AF back in the early 60's, the folks who made a career of it were promised a retirement package and lifetime healthcare for the servicemember and their spouse.
Well, low and behold, the gov't reniged. He had to forfeit a portion of his retirement, after serving 27 1/2, because he went to work for the FAA, and retired from that job. But because they are both considered 'federal' pensions, couldn't draw all of his retirement because of a law barring 'concurrent receipt'. And on top of that, he has to pay for Tricare for himself and my mother, even though veterans were promised free healthcare. And don't forget, the shitbag-in-chief wants to make retirees' pay yet even more for tricare. In some cases a 300% increase.

So while I feel for you in this case, the legal precedence for changing the promised benefits for gov't employees (whether local, state, or federal) is already there.
And yes, I know that FFs have a risky job, and not a great quality of life if you make it to retirement, but the money just isn't there anymore.
While I can think of LOTS of ways to free up money, I don't see welfare going away, or any real reforms in ANY of the so called federal 'benefit' programs that people who have never worked an honest day in their lives abuse.
And lets not forget the vast amount of money wasted on illegals.
It's only going to get worse....
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#29]
And my father after 26yrs of navy service was affected like yours. But it's OK to just shrug our shoulders and say because they were lied to and screwed I can be too? So we should say enough is enough when it comes to gun control but not to the benefits of public and nation defenders?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And my father after 26yrs of navy service was affected like yours. But it's OK to just shrug our shoulders and say because they were lied to and screwed I can be too? So we should say enough is enough when it comes to gun control but not to the benefits of public and nation defenders?
View Quote

I never said it was 'okay' to do anything of the sort.

But the legal precedent is already there, and not just at the federal level.
Cities are starting to declare bankruptcy to get out of paying pensions. And they are being allowed to do so by the courts.

Tax paying citizens are about outnumbered by people living on gov't handouts. Add in the illegals who get benefits, who illegally are allowed to vote, and tax payers are way outnumbered.

We need to get people in office who will pass legislation that prohibits the disbursing of ANY money to illegals at ALL levels (and just because they jump the border and squirt out a kid DOESN'T mean that escaped abortion is a US citizen!) and start rounding up the illegals ,and who will work to undo that steaming pile of garbage that Johnson passed creating the welfare state. and institute some state level restrictions on who can get handouts.

Add in some new taxable commercial revenue stream to increase tax revenue without increasing income taxes (yes, we don't pay state income tax, However property taxes still go into the general fund and federal income still comes out of paychecks) would be another boon. But one of the biggest possible  tax revenue streams is something you are dead set against. I'll leave figuring that one out to you....
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:50:32 AM EDT
[#31]
All,

I can easily get information for the governor, representatives, etc.  There seem to be a number of District, circuit and county court judges up for election or retention.  Is there anywhere to get information on how favorable they may be?

David    
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't how you guys say weed doesn't do damage.  My mom smoked for 30 years.  It messed her up pretty bad., Lack of short term memory.  Can't focus on more then one task at a time, & gets easily distracted.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I have been thinking about the MJ issue for a couple of days, and I have to say I have a different opinion.  I am not for MJ usage at ALL, but I think I support decriminalizing possession of small amounts in your home.  This is my reasoning:   In general, I don't think it is the governments business what you choose to do at home.  If you want to grow a little pot and smoke it at home, make some hooch, manufacture guns/ammo or cupcakes for you own use - I may not like it - but it is your business.  If you are not selling or profiting from it, I don't see an issue with people doing as they please, even if they are being stupid, in private.  
When you start trying to sell things for profit, then it may fall under any legitimate laws the community deems appropriate.    
David

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have been thinking about the MJ issue for a couple of days, and I have to say I have a different opinion.  I am not for MJ usage at ALL, but I think I support decriminalizing possession of small amounts in your home.  This is my reasoning:   In general, I don't think it is the governments business what you choose to do at home.  If you want to grow a little pot and smoke it at home, make some hooch, manufacture guns/ammo or cupcakes for you own use - I may not like it - but it is your business.  If you are not selling or profiting from it, I don't see an issue with people doing as they please, even if they are being stupid, in private.  

When you start trying to sell things for profit, then it may fall under any legitimate laws the community deems appropriate.    

David
View Quote

Could the community ban tobacco sales as well?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#35]
I leave the definition of community open.  Tobacco is regulated and taxed.  There are age restrictions, restrictions on where you can smoke in public,  and some places wont sell them.  Communities have set some boundaries for that product, but I think it is generally related to commerce.  There is no ban on you growing a tobacco plant and smoking it in your home, or making tobacco soup if that is what you like.  

If NY wanted to ban the commercial sale of tobacco products , I am not sure I would care as long as they did not prevent people from doing as they wish with their own tobacco.   My only point is the government should generally be out of the home/personal life.

David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top