Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 10:11:51 AM EDT
Thinking of going to public day, or morning as I am hearing its only like 8am - noon), and want to make sure I am prepared. Am I supposed to have my own target rig (I.E wood stand setup or steel target), or am I just supposed to bring my own paper target to put on a setup they already have?  Im looking to do rifle at 100 yards. This will be my first outdoor range experience, I usually just go to indoor ranges around Orlando.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If shooting on the rifle range than all you need are your paper targets. Oh and a stapler of course.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I am a long time member, but I have never been to public day; I hear  it can be chaotic and the range Nazis severe. As stated, bring targets, they must go on the club backer boards. You must have hearing and eye protection to shoot.

If you can do weekdays, I will take any Arfcommer as my guest to shoot and check out the range.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a long time member, but I have never been to public day; I hear  it can be chaotic and the range Nazis severe. As stated, bring targets, they must go on the club backer boards. You must have hearing and eye protection to shoot.

If you can do weekdays, I will take any Arfcommer as my guest to shoot and check out the range.
View Quote

Ive been to a couple public days and my advice is to get there as early as possible.

How is the range on regular days? Is it pretty empty and you can keep to yourself?  Ive always wanted to join, but the startup costs are hefty and im not sure how many years I'll be here after i finish school to make it worth it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
How does this place handle water from all the rain?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Bring your rubber boots!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bring your rubber boots!
View Quote

How about a life raft?

Damn I got screwed up plans.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ive been to a couple public days and my advice is to get there as early as possible.

How is the range on regular days? Is it pretty empty and you can keep to yourself?  Ive always wanted to join, but the startup costs are hefty and im not sure how many years I'll be here after i finish school to make it worth it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My job allows me to shoot weekday mornings, I often have the entire range to myself. A few weeks ago, I took a friend on a Friday Afternoon when he got off work and was surprised to have the Rifle range to our selves..

I have never had an issue there, without exception very single shooter I have met there has been friendly and cooperative.

The range is controlled by shooter cooperation ,I have never seen a Range Officer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How early?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top