Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 5:15:08 PM EDT
The engine locked up about a month ago. I'm just now starting to work on it. Today the front end was pulled off. Hopefully, I will get a chance to pull the engine this weekend. While I'm at it, the leaky transmission and power steering will get fix. This is a non a/c truck with only a heater. No need for a heater in this far south, so its gone. All the unused wholes in the firewall will get welded up. The frame, steering and suspension parts will get blasted and painted.

Progress so far.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about that, but at least chevy engine parts are cheap.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
She sounded great when she was running a few months ago.  Hope it's a good opportunity to get her upgraded and back in top shape.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about the Chevy. Any diagnostics been done? Do you know what seized up?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about the Chevy. Any diagnostics been done? Do you know what seized up?
View Quote

Won't know what happened until I get the engine torn down. It started making noises no engine should make. I pulled over and had it towed home. It locked up while I was trying to figure out where the noises were coming from.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
We'll good luck. hopefully you can figure it out, get it fixed easy and cheap, and get it back on the road!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty sure there is suppose to be a gap here.

Oh look, a broken exhaust valve.

Got the engine half way torn down. I'll have the heads off tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Might as well pop in a ls swap while the clip is off lol. I've got a 72 lwb that was a factory AC cab that they shaved the firewall. And also factory power steering truck.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Might as well pop in a ls swap while the clip is off lol. I've got a 72 lwb that was a factory AC cab that they shaved the firewall. And also factory power steering truck.
View Quote

I don't wanna answer for the man but I believe his answer is no. no LS swap.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:51:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you familiar with the salvage yard parts search engine car-part.com? I became acquainted with it about 12 years ago, and I've been able to find awesome prices throughout the entire U.S. If you haven't used it, after the search results pop up for whatever part you're looking for; the page highlighted with a grey box has the lowest price for that part.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I agree

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree

Y'all are getting to know me too well.

Andrewbp, I want to keep this truck old school and as stock as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top