Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 2:54:51 PM EDT
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/hero-oklahoma-factory-beheading-quail-hunting-boy-scout-article-1.1954039

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn Moore police rocking RCs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, a good guy with a gun wins again....whodathunkit?  Mr. Bloomberg, where are you?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, a good guy with a gun wins again....whodathunkit?  Mr. Bloomberg, where are you?
View Quote

Headline should read "Armed citizen thwarts attempted massacre."

I find it curious that whenever some nut-job wants to commit an act of domestic terrorism and the police are called, they just set up a perimeter and wait for the nut-job to finish his spree and commit suicide. The only time these guys are STOPPED is when a citizen steps-up and does the right thing. The only way to PREVENT additional casualties is when the right person is in the right place, at the right time, with the MEANS AND ABILITY to do something about it.

We, as a population, are responsible for our own safety. We cannot rely on others to "protect" us. Especially when those others have families of their own to go home to every night. If we cannot expect the police to face these nuts head-on, we must do it ourselves.

It's a shame the hero in this case will probably not be given the accolades he deserves. At least not by the liberal press.

ETA: Ok, I just read the article and am pleasently surprised that this reporter got it right for once, and from the NY Daily News no less!  My above diatribe was a result of the reports I've been listening to on the radio all day, and past events as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's a shame the hero in this case will probably not be given the accolades he deserves. At least not by the liberal press.

ETA: Ok, I just read the article and am pleasently surprised that this reporter got it right for once, and from the NY Daily News no less!  My above diatribe was a result of the reports I've been listening to on the radio all day, and past events as well.
View Quote

You're probably still right...let's see how much media this gets.  I did see one headline that said "Police shoot suspect..." so they're already downplaying the fact that the guy was a citizen (who was a volunteer officer and not on duty) with a gun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Screw Bloomy! Where's Al Sharpton?  He should be there telling everyone how the guy was an aspiring rapper and was just about to turn his life around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top