Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2014 8:29:48 PM EDT
WTF is up with the rude insane asshole drivers in Miami?

I've never seen so much horn honking, road rage, and general acting like ass hat in my life. Saw folks drive up to a turning lane blowing their horn before the light even changes, and can't count how many times I almost made road pizza of some idiot Jay walking in moving traffic.

Again... WTF?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I've never seen so much horn honking, road rage, and general acting like ass hat in my life. Saw folks drive up to a turning lane blowing their horn before the light even changes, and can't count how many times I almost made road pizza of some idiot Jay walking in moving traffic.

Again... WTF?

View Quote

Most of them just arrived from ........

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep,

Miami is more a wart on Florida's ass than an actual part of the state.

Chock full of imported assholes. Same for the general area up to Palm Beach and Lauderdale.

Head over to Okeechobee if you want to see some old Florida Crackers and meet folks with manners.

Or the West coast.

There's still survivors scattered around south Florida, but they mostly lay low.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I avoid Miami like the plague, I live in PBC and rarely ever go south into Broward or Dade.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Normal Miami driving. I have learned to expect anything from any driver at any time. The possibilities do exceed my imagination so I am surprised daily.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Would this explain why the people are so freaking rude as well?

Can we nuke the place from orbit?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The hand gestures are friendly. They're just trying to invite you to share a cafecito.

Quoted:

72 hours notice please so I can bug out with my dog.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The hand gestures are friendly. They're just trying to invite you to share a cafecito.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you need 72 hours you're doing it wrong my friend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Again... WTF?

View Quote

you know how you folks in georgia hate atlanta? well we have several "atlanta's", miami just happens to be one of them

edit to add hate
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I live on the gulf coast of Florida and travel to south east Florida about 4 times a year for work.

S.E. Florida is indeed the armpit of Florida.  Don't judge the whole state on what you see there.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
and auto insurance premiums are much higher for people that live in that area.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweet! It's a "bash Miami" thread.  I'll play.

I've always thought of Miami as the nexus of the Western Hemisphere... where the rude-drive-like-a-maniac liberals from way up north meet the no-manners-drive-like-it's-my-first-time liberals from way down south. It creates the perfect storm of asshattery. Please don't judge Florida based on ANYTHING you encounter in Miami. There aren't even any Floridians IN Miami, they should just change the name to Cuba York.

On the other hand, if you've ever wanted to travel internationally without hasseling with a passport, just go to Miami. If you think of it as a vacation to a foreign country, it can actually be quite an enchanting city. There are lots of beautiful things to look at, and the food is incredible!  If you just accept he fact that manners serve no purpose, the people can be quite friendly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to Florida, every state sends their ass hole drivers here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I avoid Miami like the plague, I live in PBC and rarely ever go south into Broward or Dade.
View Quote

I just travel a bit heavy when I go there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Normal Miami driving. I have learned to expect anything from any driver at any time. The possibilities do exceed my imagination so I am surprised daily.
View Quote

My experience as well when I had to work there.

Combination of 3'd world anarchy, New York Rude, and 97 year olds that need to get their lottery tickets.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Again... WTF?

View Quote

LOL, I spit my coke out reading the first line ....  Welcome to Miami!  That is the main reason Im leaving Miami to GA ...

BTW, Those of you from elsewhere stop confusing the Cubans in Miami with the assholes from all over South America or Balseros.  Just because they speak Spanish does not make them Cuban.  Cubans are mostly hardcore conservatives who love guns and freedom.  Miami is no longer a Cuban city.  The Cubans are leaving Miami for the same reasons you guys hate it there ....
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's pretty much the same in every third-world country, you just didn't need a passport to get there (yet).
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to live in Miami.

I must admit that I do miss how people drove in Miami. Everyone moved fast with a purpose anytime there wasn't a gridlock.

I'm one of those asshole drivers that tend to drive too fast

Now that I live in GA, I definitely have toned down my driving and drive normal.  Mainly in fear of getting tickets.  It's rare you get driving citations in Miami.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I avoid Miami every chance I get.

Went back in august I believe to see the Dodgers give it to the Marlins and traffic was so awful.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I used to live in Miami.

I must admit that I do miss how people drove in Miami. Everyone moved fast with a purpose anytime there wasn't a gridlock.

I'm one of those asshole drivers that tend to drive too fast

Now that I live in GA, I definitely have toned down my driving and drive normal.  Mainly in fear of getting tickets.  It's rare you get driving citations in Miami.
View Quote

They drive in two modes here: like they just robbed a bank or they are having an brain aneurism in their piece of shit, slow ass Toyota Corolla. It is always a Corolla holding up traffic. Jackasses. That and retards on the turnpike who drive 15 under the speed limit. Hate driving here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

you know how you folks in georgia hate atlanta? well we have several "atlanta's", miami just happens to be one several of them all rolled into one big S*** hole!

edit to add hate
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again... WTF?

you know how you folks in georgia hate atlanta? well we have several "atlanta's", miami just happens to be one several of them all rolled into one big S*** hole!

edit to add hate

FIFY.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]
meh, its not all bad. sometimes driving here is enjoyable

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
meh, its not all bad. sometimes driving here is enjoyable

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/hillsboro-inlet-lighthouse-william-wetmore.jpg

View Quote

beautiful
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top