Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2014 11:12:55 AM EDT
Greetings everyone,

I haven't posted in a LONNNNNGGGGG time; have been busy living life and whatnot... anyways, recently I've gotten married, and now I realize that as I actually do have a family to defend, it is my duty and responsibility to protect hearth and home. Before, as it was just me I was a bit more lax in regards to situations but now i cannot afford the luxury of living in ignorance, especially in a world that seems to go a bit more mad every day. Anyways, my wife and I are going through the immigration process (don't get me started on THAT) so while we're waiting on that front, i have started to do the research i need on concealed carry and other self-defense items of interest. The problem is, she doesn't speak English very well yet (but is very eager to learn) and while I speak spanish, I don't want to risk a a mistranslation on something that could quite literally be a life-or-death situation/event. To that end, I am trying to find any bilingual firearms, or even self-defense related, training options in the Tampa Bay region. I am slowly but surely convincing her that life in these disUnited States is anything but puppy dogs and rainbows, and intend to introduce her to if nothing else the shooting sports ASAP/whenever she gets here, whichever happens first She knows I have a background in handling firearms and going to the range; what she doesn't know yet is that I would like to try to instill in her the same interest. If nothing else, I want her to have some kind of training based on if something happens whenever I am not around due to being at work etc.

As an aside, Shooters World has GOT to be the coolest gun store I have ever been in...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Southern Exposure has a Ladies Only Class taught by Randy Cain.  Watfa, the class director's wife is Columbian and has in the past done translations for Randy.  Email Irv, the class director at [email protected] and inquire.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
not to sound snarky, but I would be more inclined to get her English language instructions, and teach her in English.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you at in Florida OP?
Gabby Franco is a Fire Arms instructor, former Olympian, History Channels Top Shot contender. and a Venezuelan Immigrant.

She's based in Miami I think, might be a good fit for your wife.

Here's my Colombian Import shooting her Florida Hometown Forum Build.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gabby Franco is a Fire Arms instructor, former Olympian, History Channels Top Shot contender. and a Venezuelan Immigrant.

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/sureshot31/photo1_zps3c3b61be.jpg
View Quote

agreed 100% Gabby does female only classes as well as classes for all comers, she is a great teacher and I am sure your wife will learn tons from her..
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Southern Exposure has a Ladies Only Class taught by Randy Cain.  Watfa, the class director's wife is Columbian and has in the past done translations for Randy.  Email Irv, the class director at [email protected] and inquire.
View Quote

I'll look into it ;) thanks

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
not to sound snarky, but I would be more inclined to get her English language instructions, and teach her in English.
View Quote

oh i know i know, we've already got that covered, but i'd like her to have a modicum of some self-defense, even if it's the good ol' fashioned knee-to-the-groin and run routine, which should be instinctive, but in a panicked situation, without training instinct goes out the window... and god forbid i try to talk to her about condition yellow vs white
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

agreed 100% Gabby does female only classes as well as classes for all comers, she is a great teacher and I am sure your wife will learn tons from her..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/sureshot31/photo1_zps3c3b61be.jpg

it's something i'll have to look into; i'm home ported in tampa so to go to miami would be more of a weekend thing; not saying it can't be done just that it would take more forethought and planning.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I've heard positive comments about Gabby's Shoot PINK for Girls classes out of the Stone Hart Gun Club but they're in English as far as I know.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I can only imagine a Spanish class in Miami...

Oye quien PINGA te dijo que sacaras tu pistola? Guarda eso come mierda! Dale paya bestia con ropa.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can only imagine a Spanish class in Miami...

Oye quien PINGA te dijo que sacaras tu pistola? Guarda eso come mierda! Dale paya bestia con ropa.
View Quote

LMFAO .......  

FYI, One of my instructors can do a Spanish class ....  But we are in Miami.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top