Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2014 1:55:51 PM EDT
Which do you think is the better place to live?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmmm... are those the  only two choices?
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Niceville, I technically live in Freeport off 20. whenever I need something (groceries,ect) I go to Niceville. the area is a lot better then the funk. unless I need something at Tractor Supply. not sure if you have kids but they have better schools too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ummmmm... are those the  only two choices?
View Quote

I want to live in a "smaller" town in the vicinity of Eglin. The county where I live now has a population of under 50,000. What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Look into the west side of mossy head, there are a few new residential areas popping up that aren't too hick.

Crestview is another big one.

Niceville/Bluewater is pretty big if you're used to that size and Defuniak is pretty far away from eglin.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I currently live in Seminole (South of Niceville - North of Destin).

I think you can get more house for money in DS, but I would live in Niceville.

For full disclosure, we just made an offer on a house in Destin.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I currently live in Seminole (South of Niceville - North of Destin).

I think you can get more house for money in DS, but I would live in Niceville.

For full disclosure, we just made an offer on a house in Destin.
View Quote

Adopt me?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
"Hick" ain't that much of a problem. What is WRONG with Defuniak? Seriously....
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of those "hicks" have access to some great hunting land.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Hick" ain't that much of a problem. What is WRONG with Defuniak? Seriously....
View Quote

DFS is a run-down town, the death knell was when the chicken plant closed.  The historic district is the only nice thing about the town proper, but if you're looking for land outside town there are some nice farms north of town.  It's far from where you'll need to be, and road construction will delay you for the next few years.  They did get a new truck stop just recently.

I'm in Freeport too, lots of 7th families around here.  Close enough to Niceville or South Walton for groceries, Destin for dining/shopping.  Of your two options, Niceville is, well, nicer.

Welcome to the area.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]
We recently moved from Central Florida to Baker/Crestview area. My hubs and son work in Niceville. Love the area! Not being from this area I have learned that most peeps don't like Defuniak. Tons of military in Crestview, we are renting for now in search of the right place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top