Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 8:20:02 AM EDT
UPDATE: For those of you that don't follow GD - Brandon passed away earlier today .  

While there's little we can do to help his family in this tough time, for those of you that haven't followed the fundraising efforts - I believe this site (and others) pulled together roughly $90,000 with help from Geissele, an incredible raffle with products from several individuals and companies, along with the efforts of many quiet and behind-the-scenes people like yourselves.  Thanks all.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know many of you stay out of General Discussion, and those of you that do visit may not notice a thread tacked there about one our brothers.  I would encourage you to read the story of your neighbor Brandon if you have not.  

For those of us thousands of miles away - the only thing we can do is support Brandon financially through a staff approved fundraising campaign.  As of this morning - the entire might of ARFCOM had barely crossed the $15K mark .  Folks - we can do better than this.  To get this party started, I have issued the following challenge:

I hereby challenge you ARFCOM brothers and sisters.  Get Brandon's fund to $20,000 by the end of the holiday weekend, and I will personally donate $5,000 to get us to our goal.  We can do this!!  Can you help?

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy smokes!!  I'd like to enter a new phrase in the ARFCOM dictionary - "We've been Campy'd!!"  Well done, my friend.  Well done.

I hereby officially swear off giving our new 13'er in charge a hard time....

Since I posted the challenge here, it's only fair I post the challenge being met:

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's at 20k now...  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy smokes!!  I'd like to enter a new phrase in the ARFCOM dictionary - "We've been Campy'd!!"  Well done, my friend.  Well done.

I hereby officially swear off giving our new 13'er in charge a hard time....
View Quote

BlackFox,  I enjoy being given a hard time because it allows me to give it right back......lol  
When you get a chance, read the email I sent you earlier today.  Glad you put the challenge here, but I donated after seeing it on facebook, not here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
We just hit $35,000 for Brandon and his family!!  ($30K+$5K check)  

Nicely done ARFCOM

Note there is now an ARFCOM raffle AND Geissele is now offering 50 custom trigger sets for the cause:

raffle thread - $10/ticket

click here for more information about the triggers.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We just hit $35,000 for Brandon and his family!!  ($30K+$5K check)  

Nicely done ARFCOM

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=68092

Note there is now an ARFCOM raffle AND Geissele is now offering 50 custom trigger sets for the cause:

raffle thread - $10/ticket

http://i61.tinypic.com/33mrbf8.jpg

click

here for more information about the triggers.  
View Quote

CLASS ACT GEISSELE!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Travis seriously, you are awesome. I chipped in what I could for the raffle.

Love arfcom when stuff like this comes together.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Well done guys.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:01:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I was away all weekend and rarely venture into GD so, I'm glad you posted this here. Brandon was actually one of the first people I became friends with on this forum because we shared similar interests. I remember the first time he was diagnosed and we communicated off and on while he beat it the first time. Brandon and his family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers..
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump for the bad news.  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I was really bummed when I heard today

Was really holding out for a miracle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]
bummer, read some of his post's over the years. but I missed this thread and the main one. Shitty deal.  glad to see people who could help his family, did what they could. nothing can replace him though.

I know its not GD but FUCK Cancer!

Lost my mom to it, and grandpa, and my uncle is fighting it off and on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
bummer, read some of his post's over the years. but I missed this thread and the main one. Shitty deal.  glad to see people who could help his family, did what they could. nothing can replace him though.

I know its not GD but FUCK Cancer!

Lost my mom to it, and grandpa, and my uncle is fighting it off and on.
View Quote

+1 on the FC. I also lost my Mom to cancer.
RIP Brandon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]
 RIP
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Nasty fc ,I've lost many to this ,it was nice to see the team pull together .Never met Brandon my loss ....You'll be missed rip .
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Very sad to hear.  Prayers to the Hayslip family.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#17]

So sad.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#19]
This is sad.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Sad to hear anytime, but especially when so young.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top