Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2014 9:49:07 AM EDT
We are coming Labor day weekend.  My son's having his 6th birthday. Looking for places and things to do while we are there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
NORTH SIDE   VERY BAD
the  zoo is pretty  good , just opened the tiger area.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Northisde isn't bad compared to the West side, just avoid the west side and Arlington
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Near downtown = bad
South or East  = GTG
Orange Park = where I used to stay on business, not bad a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Northisde isn't bad compared to the West side, just avoid the west side and Arlington
View Quote

your right about Arlington.. I stay in OP
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to be in the Navy, so I now despise Orange park and generally anywhere near the base.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:31:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I would recommend anywhere between Southside (Tinseltown, ST Johns Town Center) and the Beaches.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Avoid the northwest quadrant at all costs: It's Jax's Ferguson.

West Arlington can also be bad. East Arlington is good to go.

Westside isn't that bad, but it has a rep for being Redneck-ville.

The Southside, Mandarin, Riverside, Orange Park and the beaches are GTG.

For fun, the beaches are always the best choice. The zoo is great for kids. A water park called Adventure Landing at Jax Beach is a lot of fun for kids.
The St. Johns Town Center is a shopping mecca for all of Northeast Florida. it's huge.
Just south of Jax is St. Augustine. That's a whole day of exploring tourist sights and good restaurants.
North is Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach. It has a nice downtown for shopping and eating.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone have that Jacksonville map posted here awhile back..
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi! I always like staying around Ponte Vedra.  Very kid friendly close to beaches and things kids like.  Rebounderz Jax is a super place to take your child and is fun for the entire family.  They have a laser arena with simulated M4's, archery tag, and of course trampolines.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I stay in Hotels all the time in Jacksonville. The Hampton on 295/Baymeadows is a great deal and super clean. One of my favorites. Anything in the town center is always good, but traffic sucks. Stay away from the Embassy suites on Baymeadows,  The rates are really appealing right now for an Embassy, but its because they are under construction and the hotel is filthy and smells.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#11]
JTB and I-95 is a good and safe area.

Why not just go on down to St. Augustine and have fun there?

Red

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have that Jacksonville map posted here awhile back..
View Quote

Tagged for this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top