BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The next meeting will be November 20-21 in the Miami/Key Largo area.

No word on whether or not they will finalize the rule at this meeting.........  if they do, I'll be putting on the can and going to the stand the very next weekend
View Quote

Would not surprise me if this goes into effect for next year ..
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#2]
FWC has "68A-12.002" listed on the agenda for the November 20-21 meeting.

The full text for 68A-12.002 amendment was posted on FLrules.org on October 3.

From "Proposed 68A-12.002":

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice of Proposed Rule

FISH AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION COMMISSION

Freshwater Fish and Wildlife

RULE NO.:              RULE TITLE:
68A-12.002            General Methods of Taking Game; Prohibitions

PURPOSE AND EFFECT: The purpose of the proposed rule amendment is to remove certain restrictions on methods for taking game birds, crows or game animals. The effect of the proposed rule amendment will be to allow noise-suppressed (i.e., silencer-equipped) rifles and pistols for taking deer, gray squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, quail, and crows.

SUMMARY: The proposed rule amendment would remove the prohibition on the use of noise-suppressed (i.e., silencer-equipped) rifles and pistols for taking deer, gray squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, quail, and crows.

SUMMARY OF STATEMENT OF ESTIMATED REGULATORY COSTS AND LEGISLATIVE RATIFICATION: The Agency has determined that this will not have an adverse impact on small business or likely increase directly or indirectly regulatory costs in excess of $200,000 in the aggregate within one year after the implementation of the rule. A SERC has not been prepared by the Agency.

The Agency has determined that the proposed rule is not expected to require legislative ratification based on the statement of estimated regulatory costs or if no SERC is required, the information expressly relied upon and described herein: the nature of the rule and the preliminary analysis conducted to determine whether a SERC was required.

Any person who wishes to provide information regarding a statement of estimated regulatory costs, or provide a proposal for a lower cost regulatory alternative must do so in writing within 21 days of this notice.

RULEMAKING AUTHORITY: Article IV, Section 9, Florida Constitution.

LAW IMPLEMENTED: Article IV, Section 9, Florida Constitution.

A HEARING WILL BE HELD AT THE DATES, TIME AND PLACE SHOWN BELOW:

DATES AND TIME: During the Commission’s regular meeting, November 20-21, 2014, 8:30 a.m. each day

PLACE: Hilton Key Largo Resort, 97000 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, FL 33037

Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this workshop/meeting is asked to advise the agency at least 5 days before the workshop/meeting by contacting: the ADA Coordinator at (850)488-6411. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the agency using the Florida Relay Service,1(800)955-8771 (TDD) or 1(800)955-8770(Voice).

THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE PROPOSED RULE IS: Diane R. Eggeman, Director, Division of Hunting and Game Management, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 620 South Meridian Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1600

THE FULL TEXT OF THE PROPOSED RULE IS:

68A-12.002 General Methods of Taking Game; Prohibitions.
(1) through (2) No change.
(3) Game birds, crows or game mammals may be taken with any of the following:
(a) No change.
(b) Rifle or pistol.
1. No silencer-equipped or fully automatic firearm may be used.
2. through 6. No change.
(c) through (f) No change.
(4) through (9) No change.

Rulemaking Authority Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV. Sec. 9, Fla. Const. History–New 8-1-79, Amended 6-4-81, 11-17-81, 6-21-82, 7-1-83, 7-1-84, 7-1-85, Formerly 39-12.02, Amended 6-1-86, 4-11-90, 4-14-92, 4-20-93, 3-1-94, 3-30-95, 4-1-96, 12-28-98, Formerly 39-12.002, Amended 7-1-05, 7-1-06, 7-1-08, 10-23-08, 1-1-11, 7-1-13,___________.

BE ADVISED THAT THESE PROPOSED RULES MAY BE FILED FOR ADOPTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOLLOWING THE COMMISSION MEETING AT WHICH THEY ARE CONSIDERED IF THE RULES ARE NOT CHANGED.  IF CHANGED, THE RULES MAY BE FILED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER PUBLICATION OF A NOTICE OF CHANGE IN THE F.A.R.

NAME OF PERSON ORIGINATING PROPOSED RULE: Diane R. Eggeman, Director, Division of Hunting and Game Management, Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 620 South Meridian Street, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1600

NAME OF AGENCY HEAD WHO APPROVED THE PROPOSED RULE: Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
DATE PROPOSED RULE APPROVED BY AGENCY HEAD: September 10, 2014
DATE NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULE DEVELOPMENT PUBLISHED IN FAR: January 8, 2014

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Things are looking good

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Suppressed Hunting is legal in Florida, effective immediately!!!

http://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/11/florida-becomes-33rd-state-to.html

DATE: November 21, 2014
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

At their meeting in Key Largo, Florida, today, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission voted to remove the ban on using silencers/suppressors on pistols and rifles for hunting deer, gray squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, quail and crows.

Using silencers/suppressors on pistols, rifles and shotguns for all other legal hunting was already allowed.

Following the suppressor vote, the Commission also voted to authorize an Executive Order to lift the ban immediately and allow hunting with suppressors to being at once.

Following that vote, Executive Order # EO 14-32 was signed. Using suppressor-equipped rifles, pistols and shotguns is now legal for all hunting in Florida.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
OP updated
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell yes FWC way to get this one right!!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

At their meeting in Key Largo, Florida, today, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission voted to remove the ban on using silencers/suppressors on pistols and rifles for hunting deer, gray squirrels, rabbits, wild turkeys, quail and crows.

Using silencers/suppressors on pistols, rifles and shotguns for all other legal hunting was already allowed.

Following the suppressor vote, the Commission also voted to authorize an Executive Order to lift the ban immediately and allow hunting with suppressors to being at once.

Following that vote, Executive Order # EO 14-32 was signed. Using suppressor-equipped rifles, pistols and shotguns is now legal for all hunting in Florida.

Really?

ETA: OK, I went and looked at the definitions, and silencers were only prohibited for taking: game birds, crows or game mammals.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

USF Executive Director

NRA Past President

Really?

non-game, basically varmint (on private property)

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
sooo, does this make applying to own my first supressor any easier then before?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

sooo, does this make applying to own my first supressor any easier then before?
View Quote
nope!

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Glad to hear that hunting with a suppressor is now legal.

I looked at the following link:

And saw that hunting with a full auto firearm is still illegal.  There should at least be an exception if it is used in semi-auto.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]
simply wonderful news.  I can hear liberal heads exploding all over Gainesville.    
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Looking forward to my next hunting trip down there!  Next cool thing would be for FL to get open carry legalized there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Looking forward to my next hunting trip down there!  Next cool thing would be for FL to get open carry legalized there.
View Quote

That may be in the works as well......

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Question:

So I can hunt with my Saker 7.62 once it gets out of jail.  Can I use it on a SBR? Or does it have to be on a "non-NFA rifle'?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Question:

So I can hunt with my Saker 7.62 once it gets out of jail.  Can I use it on a SBR? Or does it have to be on a "non-NFA rifle'?
View Quote

As far as I can tell, there are no prohibitions on using an SBR for taking game in Florida.

You might want to double check with FWC though.

Just be professional,  not like "I can use my danggon SBR high capacity azzault Mk18 SOPMOD Delta SEAL riffle fer blastin deer, right?"
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I think this still puts using a suppressor for taking hogs on public land in a grey area.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think this still puts using a suppressor for taking hogs on public land in a grey area.
View Quote

Why would this put hunting hogs on public property with a suppressor in a grey area, its perfectly legal.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why would this put hunting hogs on public property with a suppressor in a grey area, its perfectly legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The way the law was previously using a suppressor while hunting hogs on private property was completely legal because it was considered property of the land owner. And still is today. The problem is when hunting hogs on public land, hogs magically become a game animal not an invasive species. The rule in the EO that is published only calls out certain game and specifically leaves out hogs.

I'm trying to go through the regs now to see exactly how its spelled out, but I am not seeing an exception for hogs on public land (yet, trying to go through the FAC without much luck).
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The way the law was previously using a suppressor while hunting hogs on private property was completely legal because it was considered property of the land owner. And still is today. The problem is when hunting hogs on public land, hogs magically become a game animal not an invasive species. The rule in the EO that is published only calls out certain game and specifically leaves out hogs.

I'm trying to go through the regs now to see exactly how its spelled out, but I am not seeing an exception for hogs on public land (yet, trying to go through the FAC without much luck).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you are thinking of WMA's.  Then they are as holy as the kings deer.  Could be mistaken though

Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top