User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2014 9:11:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Done.

You should cross post in GD
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Hit... still needs almost 30K signatures...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Whitehouse.gov 'petitions': Written by stupid people, for stupid people.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hit... still needs almost 30K signatures...
View Quote
as of this post, he still needs 62K+ signatures!

Petition started 25 days ago...  he has 5 days left to get 2/3 of the required number (100K) of signatures...  If he doesn't get a bucket of gun forum support, he's not going to make it...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Done and shared.

Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Last I counted there were 6-8 threads in GD regarding this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Done.

You should cross post in GD

Last I counted there were 6-8 threads in GD regarding this.

Missed  'em all somehow....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Dang, I know plenty of people that would sign this. Any chance at this getting a re-petition?

Get it...I crack me up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately many gun owners/enthusiasts aren't going to voluntarily put their name on a Gov't "here's a bunch of gun owners" list, and even if they do this will get nowhere.  You honestly believe the most anti-gun president of our lifetime is going to open up suppressors to everyone.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah I started one thread in GD about this and the bulk of the responses were negative towards me, open carry and doing anything like this. was a few that support it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unfortunately many gun owners/enthusiasts aren't going to voluntarily put their name on a Gov't "here's a bunch of gun owners" list, and even if they do this will get nowhere.  You honestly believe the most anti-gun president of our lifetime is going to open up suppressors to everyone.  
View Quote

Yeah, that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that.

C3 owners are already on that list.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
hit it. I would love for this to go somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Just signed it, still needs over 60k of signatures
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that.

It amazes me what people actually think the government knows and doesn't know.  I can sign a petition regarding "gas powered dildos on airlines" and it doesn't mean I own either.  Oh wait, am I on a list now?!  Shit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It amazes me what people actually think the government knows and doesn't know.  I can sign a petition regarding "gas powered dildos on airlines" and it doesn't mean I own either.  Oh wait, am I on a list now?!  Shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that.

+1 for gas powered dildos
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that.

Im dying thats fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:37:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Tried to sign it but this is the message that Zero's Minions had on the site:

The petition you are trying to access has expired, because it failed to meet the signature threshold.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I mean, it is August 5th after all..
Either way, sad that it couldn't meet the limit. I think it was a lack of attention to the petition.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Either way, sad that it couldn't meet the limit. I think it was a lack of attention to the petition.
View Quote

Honestly not that many title two owners. You figure there are only ~200K machine-guns in the registry.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:59:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Honestly not that many title two owners. You figure there are only ~200K machine-guns in the registry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And out of the 200k are people who own multiple.  I think I know more people that have multiple NFA items than people who only own one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it was about removing the $200 tax on suppressors or at least changing them to non regulated items. I don't own one, but maybe I want to in the future. It shouldn't matter if the petition doesn't affect you right now, if you stand behind the idea you should vote nonetheless.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#23]
These stupid petitions pop up every other month and go no where every time. Signing a petition is like sharing a post on facebook to cure someone's cancer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top