Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2014 12:30:42 PM EDT
I am taking the day off of work tomorrow with plans to take my wife (7 months pregnant) and two year old son to the beach.  Now that there are a bunch of stories about flesh eating bacteria killing someone in Sarasota, my wife is worried about going.  I was debating it myself since she is pregnant and my son always has cuts and scrapes on his legs.  Am I just being over-protective, or is it right to skip the beach and go do something else tomorrow?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I swam with family (2 of which are children) last weekend at Lido Beach in Sarasota County, we all survived.
How many millions swim in FL waters every summer and how many become ill and die? You are more likely to be injured driving to the beach in your car.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to. Siesta Key beach. it is one of the top 5 beaches in the world with sand that is
Ike confectioners sugar. Lido beach I'd mot as nice. Both are about 10 minutes away from me and I haven't heard anything about flesh  eating bacteria.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to. Siesta Key beach. it is one of the top 5 beaches in the world with sand that is
Ike confectioners sugar. Lido beach I'd mot as nice. Both are about 10 minutes away from me and I haven't heard anything about flesh  eating bacteria.
View Quote

Live in SW broward but usually hit up Hollywood/ft laudy beach every weekend and haven't had any issues...going on 20 years now w most recently being Saturday and Sunday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top