Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 5:01:14 AM EDT
This might be the first mini season in years I don't get out there. I have to work Wednesday and Thursday. Last year I dove at midnight after work, but dragged ass the next day. I've got too much going on right now to be tired at work. The other problem is, I'm in the treasure coast and my buddies are telling me there's only a fraction of the number of lobster we've had in years past. Anybody done any scouting? Anybody heading out on Wednesday?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going the 7th-9th, but have never been before. I'm going with some folks that go yearly, but any tips on gear and technique would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait a week till the regular season starts. Much safer and less stressful.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Not so bad this year, crowds weren't to crazy, limited out in 30 minutes and shot some hogs, FWC not playing around this year, checked 3 times on the way in.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So I'm sitting and work and my friend sends me these. Fucker.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait a week till the regular season starts. Much safer and less stressful.
View Quote

This. Quit doing the mini-season three years ago and now go when the regular season starts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
To many boats and way too many FWC.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Not me but sure wish I was able to.
Damn, them things look delicious...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Wife and I limited out (30) with our 3 young daughters.  Free diving 6-8' water.  Would have liked to go again today, but my main diver/boat operator aside from myself (wife) was to worn out from yesterday to do it...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wife and I limited out (30) with our 3 young daughters.  Free diving 6-8' water.  Would have liked to go again today, but my main diver/boat operator aside from myself (wife) was to worn out from yesterday to do it...
View Quote

Mind sharing your spot? Pm me!  Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure where you live at, but I live in Homestead, and we were hitting the holes in the hard bottom between Caezars and Broad creeks.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice catch. I dive that area as well. Mini season we went a little further out to stay away from the crowds but, when we came back in it didn't seem to busy this season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top