Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 6:41:04 AM EDT
Hi guys, I recently moved to a place about 45 minutes to 1 hour northwest of Orlando. I don't know anybody here at all. I'm going through a divorce, and just changed jobs (careers, really). Basically, I'm just trying to see if there are other folks in my new neck of the woods who I might connect with. I'm really stressed out, and I think having real human friends in "meatspace" as opposed to online might help. I have a thread in the survival forum for those who are interested in more information.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the area!  What city are you in: Apopka, Mt. Dora, Leesberg?

I'm southeast of Apopka, married with first son on the way so I don't get out too much. We might be able to meet up on a range trip.

There are a few private clubs/ranges in the area, but I'm not a member. Usually just go to Shoot Straight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Sanford here, NE of Orlando. I have a standing offer to take any ARFCommer to my range to shoot and check it out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! I really do appreciate it! It means a lot to me, especially since I've really had my hands full recently.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I really do appreciate your support. My soon-to-be-ex-wife's attorney tried to pull a fast one today. Last week was stressful enough, I hope the rest of this week goes better. I will speak with my attorney again tomorrow, but this just sucks....I really don't need this, and she knows it, she is just trying to play a game at this point. I just don't need this crap, but she she keeps pushing it. I don't know how to stop it. I don't think I can stop it. Like I said in my thread... her timing was perfect. FML
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the area and good luck with your situation. I am in the SW Orlando area but from time to time we do some get togethers and get to meet members from the general area. Some good guys on here!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
North of you if I follow .....not by much....head north on 19....:)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:59:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Leesburg checking in.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Eustis checking in. I'm sure you will see my white dually with the BFL sticker at some point.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:16:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Oakland, just west of Winter Garden.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for your support guys! I really mean it! I think some of you are really close to me. I have to go into court-ordered "mediation" at the end of this month, and I really have no idea how this will turn out. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time at this point. At least I still have my dag!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#12]
If you head over the space coast, there are a whole bunch of us.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#13]
What city are you in?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leesburg checking in.
View Quote

I'm so sorry.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm currently in Leesburg too. I tried to find a place close to the new job, and the pickings were kind of slim and did not know the area at all, so here I am. I actually rented this place without stepping in it, just seeing some photos. At least my neighborhood is quiet, so I can try to sleep at night. I will figure out long term housing later on, but for the moment this is fine for me and the dag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top