Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2014 8:50:42 AM EDT
Does anybody happen to know what the exact course of fire for qualifications for a "Class G" security license is?

Anybody know where I can find the course of fire online?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm at work right now... but have the course of fire at home.  I'll check back later and see if you get an answer...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
tot=48 rounds
6 from the hip in 2 shot strings at 3 yds
12 from low ready @ 7 yrds
12 from low ready @ 15 yds with 2 targets
12 from low ready @25 yds with 2 targets( with mandatory reload)
this is what I remeber off the top of my head (I know I'm missing some stuff, taught a class last month so it's been a while)
pm if you don't get the exact & I'll let you know later today
edit: I believe the other 6 are at the 1 yd from the hip...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
So it's pretty much the same as the Basic LE course of fire except for the 25 yd? The time restraints the same as well? I have the print outs from the LE quals as I just finished the academy about a week and a half ago and firearms was our last block of instruction.

The LE course of fire was as follows:

Stage 1 - 25 yards - 6 rounds from behind cover - 30 seconds
Stage 2 - 15 yards - 12 rounds from behind cover with mandatory reload - 30 seconds
Stage 3 - 7 yards - 6 rounds total from low ready - 2 rounds per string - 4 seconds per string
Stage 4 - 7 yards - 6 rounds total from draw - 2 rounds per string - 4 seconds per string
Stage 5 - 7 yards - 6 rounds total from draw - 2 rounds per string - 3 seconds per string
Stage 6 - 3 yards - 6 rounds total from low ready - 2 rounds per string- 1 second per string
Stage 7 - 3 yards - 6 rounds total, draw and hip fire - 2 rounds per string - 3 seconds per string
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
It's the old version of what LE did years ago IIRC... yes, the G qualification includes the 25 yard line AND a multiple target engagement.  40 rounds vs. 48 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
tot=48 rounds
this is what I remeber off the top of my head (I know I'm missing some stuff, taught a class last month so it's been a while)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
tot=48 rounds

It's basically this, it depends on the instructor honestly. We did body armor drills and whatnot as well as shooting from cover. Most of the shooting was flash sighting and 99% we started from holster and not low ready. We only loaded three six round magazines, one in the gun two on the belt. Had to preform reloads, then scan then reholster. Again, depends on instructor. It's pretty sad how easy this qual is. A person who never shot before this class scored a 211, so don't fret.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you getting your G?

ETA: This actually is a lot closer to the course of fire I did for my qual, but in reverse order.
Quoted:
So it's pretty much the same as the Basic LE course of fire except for the 25 yd? The time restraints the same as well? I have the print outs from the LE quals as I just finished the academy about a week and a half ago and firearms was our last block of instruction.

The LE course of fire was as follows:

Stage 1 - 25 yards - 6 rounds from behind cover - 30 seconds
Stage 2 - 15 yards - 12 rounds from behind cover with mandatory reload - 30 seconds
Stage 3 - 7 yards - 6 rounds total from low ready - 2 rounds per string - 4 seconds per string
Stage 4 - 7 yards - 6 rounds total from draw - 2 rounds per string - 4 seconds per string
Stage 5 - 7 yards - 6 rounds total from draw - 2 rounds per string - 3 seconds per string
Stage 6 - 3 yards - 6 rounds total from low ready - 2 rounds per string- 1 second per string
Stage 7 - 3 yards - 6 rounds total, draw and hip fire - 2 rounds per string - 3 seconds per string

He also ran us through the DHS qual cause we did so good and had enough time to burn.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Snip/ If you don't mind my asking, why are you getting your G
View Quote

I am not actually getting a G license. My brother asked me for some tips and help to qualify for his G license but didn't know the course of fire. Just trying to help him out by finding what I need to work on him with.

Thanks for the help so far everybody.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#7]
The FDLE standard course of 40 rounds for law enforcement is different than that required course of fire of 48 rounds for the Class G.  Just so you know... When qualifying for the G license, it is NOT up to the instructor what to shoot as the specific requirements are laid out and even include what target must be used.  Class K holders lose licenses every year for not adhering to the prescribed standards, they are not flexible and one can not add to or take away.

Whereas the current LE qualification requires the B-21E target the Class G requires the B-27 target... IIRC.  I'm a Class K holder and I'm unaware of any changes to that requirement.

This is the current FDLE LE qualification sheet that must be completed at a minimum of once every two years.

LE Qualification Form

I'll post the G requirements later...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The FDLE standard course of 40 rounds for law enforcement is different than that required course of fire of 48 rounds for the Class G.  Just so you know... When qualifying for the G license, it is NOT up to the instructor what to shoot as the specific requirements are laid out and even include what target must be used.  Class K holders lose licenses every year for not adhering to the prescribed standards, they are not flexible and one can not add to or take away.

Whereas the current LE qualification requires the B-21E target the Class G requires the B-27 target... IIRC.  I'm a Class K holder and I'm unaware of any changes to that requirement.

This is the current FDLE LE qualification sheet that must be completed at a minimum of once every two years.

LE Qualification Form

View Quote

Thank you for the information. I would greatly appreciate the G requirements.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LE Qualification Form

View Quote

Ah I see - Thanks for that info. Interested to see the mandated course of fire and see if it is what I shot. My qual was a while ago so I'm a bit foggy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Class G

Must use B-27 Target and obtain a score of 168 out of 240, this equals 70% to pass.

8 ring and in counts as 5 points, 7 ring counts as 4 points, in the black outside the 7 ring counts as 3 points.

STAGE I
1-3 yard line
2 rounds from the holster in 4 seconds using a ONE HAND hip shooting position, scan and holster.  Repeat for a total of 6 rounds.

STAGE II
3 yard line
2 rounds on command starting from the LOW READY firing from the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position in 2 seconds.  Repeat for a total of 6 rounds.

STAGE III
7 yard line
2 rounds on command starting from the holster using the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position within 5 seconds, scan, holster.  Repeat for  total of 6 rounds.

STAGE IV
7 yard line
Multiple targets (2)
1 round on target #1 and 1 round on target #2, on command starting from the holster in 6 seconds using the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position, scan, holster.  Repeat for a total of 6 rounds.  

STAGE V
7 yard line
Multiple Targets (2)
3 rounds on target #1 on command starting from the LOW READY using the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position in 6 seconds, scan, back to low ready, on command fire 3 rounds on target #2 within 6 seconds, reload, holster on command.

STAGE VI
15 yard line
Multiple Targets/Mandatory Reload
On command, move to cover (barricade) draw and assume the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position and fire 3 rounds on target #1, 3 rounds on target #2... RELOAD... fire 3 rounds on target #1, 3 rounds on target #2 all within 45 seconds.  Reload, and holster on command.

STAGE VII
25 yard line
Multiple Targets
On command, move to cover (barricade) draw and assume the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position and fire 3 rounds on target #1 and 3 rounds on target #2 within 20 seconds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Class G

Must use B-27 Target and obtain a score of 168 out of 240, this equals 70% to pass.

8 ring and in counts as 5 points, 7 ring counts as 4 points, in the black outside the 7 ring counts as 3 points.

STAGE I
1-3 yard line
2 rounds from the holster in 4 seconds using a ONE HAND hip shooting position, scan and holster.  Repeat for a total of 6 rounds.

STAGE II
3 yard line
2 rounds on command starting from the LOW READY firing from the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position in 2 seconds.  Repeat for a total of 6 rounds.

STAGE III
7 yard line
2 rounds on command starting from the holster using the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position within 5 seconds, scan, holster.  Repeat for  total of 6 rounds.

STAGE IV
7 yard line
Multiple targets (2)
1 round on target #1 and 1 round on target #2, on command starting from the holster in 6 seconds using the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position, scan, holster.  Repeat for a total of 6 rounds.  

STAGE V
7 yard line
Multiple Targets (2)
3 rounds on target #1 on command starting from the LOW READY using the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position in 6 seconds, scan, back to low ready, on command fire 3 rounds on target #2 within 6 seconds, reload, holster on command.

STAGE VI
15 yard line
On command, move to cover (barricade) draw and assume the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position and fire 3 rounds on target #1, 3 rounds on target #2... RELOAD... fire 3 rounds on target #1, 3 rounds on target #2 all within 45 seconds.  Reload, and holster on command.

STAGE VII
25 yard line
Multiple Targets
On command, move to cover (barricade) draw and assume the TWO HAND HIGH POINT position and fire 3 rounds on target #1 and 3 rounds on target #2 within 20 seconds.
View Quote

Yep, this sounds accurate. I don't remember shooting from low ready as much as this but I probably did. Like I said it's almost time for requal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Class G

STAGE I
1-3 yard line

STAGE II
3 yard line

STAGE III
7 yard line

STAGE IV
7 yard line
Multiple targets (2)

STAGE V
7 yard line
Multiple Targets (2)

STAGE VI
15 yard line

STAGE VII
25 yard line
Multiple Targets
View Quote

Thank you very much for posting that, sir. I really appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I'll start to practice that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Class G

STAGE I
1-3 yard line

STAGE II
3 yard line

STAGE III
7 yard line

STAGE IV
7 yard line
Multiple targets (2)

STAGE V
7 yard line
Multiple Targets (2)

STAGE VI
15 yard line

STAGE VII
25 yard line
Multiple Targets
View Quote

came back to post this, just got home

I also do requals for my sheriff's office (FDLE firearms instructor) and they and they are very similar
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#15]
i did the G back during christmas week, its pretty easy if your gun proficient, i also just did the nevada armed guard card (their G license but they call it a white card). that one was even easier. florida goes based upon points (X ring, A,B,C  ), nevada, pretty much as long as you dont have any erroneous shots and get it in the B27 X ring, 7,8,9 target, you can pass it. did it so i can work in vegas later this year for an orlando company that has offices thru the US.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LE Qualification Form

View Quote

Just a quibble;  that's the IN-SERVICE qual course for current leo's to maintain certification and for retirees to maintain the ability to CCW under LEOSA.  The recruit standard to get through the academy is still the 48 round course noted by camoman above.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just a quibble;  that's the IN-SERVICE qual course for current leo's to maintain certification and for retirees to maintain the ability to CCW under LEOSA.  The recruit standard to get through the academy is still the 48 round course noted by camoman above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE Qualification Form

Thanks for the clarification... when I got certified, I had to shoot the 40 round course... I did not take Florida standards though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quick question for you class K guys, have you heard the outcome of the vote on including .40 and .45? They were supposed to vote by Mar. 30th.

I keep bugging my agency for answers but they have none.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quick question for you class K guys, have you heard the outcome of the vote on including .40 and .45? They were supposed to vote by Mar. 30th.

View Quote

I've not received anything....
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Darn Want to know the outcome. If it passed it will apparently become law in July so I guess the wait continues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top