Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2014 6:46:37 PM EDT
So hopefully the title caught your attention. I was watching the news this morning and was hit was an interesting piece of news. Apparently, Attorney General Eric Holder wants to implement a law that would require all pistol owners to wear a tracking bracelet while carrying. This is his version of sensible reform. He also wants to add a fingerprint reader to your firearm so that only "you" can fire it. Am I the only one that things this is the stupidest idea that has ever been spoken?!

Thoughts?
For your referencing needs:
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/eric-holder-wants-gun-owners-to-wear-tracking-bracelets/
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that isn't full retard, I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
hope it happens....maybe the sheaple will wake up
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
And I think liberals should have a collar that shocks them every time they open their mouths...

Holder and company can fuck off and die...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Great, now we'll all have to remember to check our gun's batteries for the electronic trigger lock.

F. O.  & D.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:09:49 AM EDT
[#6]
What a fucking idiot.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]
He thinks like a nazi and he's getting seriously close to "from my cold dead hands' territory.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:40:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Did he ever let Z have his gun back ? Or is he still investigating the matter.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And I think liberals should have a collar that shocks them every time they open their mouths...

Holder and company can fuck off and die...
View Quote

I LIKE that idea!   Just make em so that shocks also occur when they open their mouths to eat too.  Rosie O'Donnell could stand to go on a diet! That way, hopefully all the librerals would starve to death.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#10]
BHO and his gang of idiots have nothing to fear at this point.  They get what they want most of the time and even their most absurd ideas will get praise from their sheep and the media.  Holder hasn't been held accountable for anything yet, with BHO always having his back, so he isn't worried any more about what he says or does.

ETA:  From what I've read, the bracelet would be required for the gun to function and not as a tracking device.  However, by getting the bracelet you would be on a registration list, so kinda the same.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#11]
What an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#12]
How about making felons where tracking bracelets that show up when they get within 100

of people's gps's and smart phones.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

BHO and his gang of idiots have nothing to fear at this point.  They get what they want most of the time and even their most absurd ideas will get praise from their sheep and the media.  Holder hasn't been held accountable for anything yet, with BHO always having his back, so he isn't worried any more about what he says or does.

ETA:  From what I've read, the bracelet would be required for the gun to function and not as a tracking device.  However, by getting the bracelet you would be on a registration list, so kinda the same.
View Quote

For it to work that way it would need to have some kind of RFID and that can be tracked.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
And as with all other gun laws I am sure the criminals will comply.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

For it to work that way it would need to have some kind of RFID and that can be tracked.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, like the Feds are really gonna track regular citizens?  Oh wait....
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#16]
You'll have to call 911 so they will unlock your gun in order to use it.

What if your S.O. needs the gun to protect themselves when you're not home?

What if your strong hand is injured, and you have to shoot support hand only?

What if the battery is dead because you forgot to change it during day light savings time?

Who thinks of this kind of stupid shit?  Oh that's right, a liberal idiot who knows nothing about guns!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Relax guys......won't ever happen
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Relax guys......won't ever happen
View Quote

Yeah that's what people said to me about Obama being president. That's what people said about the first assault weapons ban. And I'm sure there were people saying that about the NFA, GCA and the machine gun ban.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Like I said wont happen........tracking bracelet?   Do you know what kind of legal feeding frenzy and mass craziness in the gun community this would cause...not to mention political suicide for anyone that backs it........aint gonna happen.......worry more about real concerns like the zombie apocolypse!  I for one feel that fast running zombies would be the end of us all.......slow zombies are just not really a concern......but boy those fast ones can really fuck a day up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Like I said wont happen........tracking bracelet?   Do you know what kind of legal feeding frenzy and mass craziness in the gun community this would cause...not to mention political suicide for anyone that backs it........aint gonna happen.......worry more about real concerns like the zombie apocolypse!  I for one feel that fast running zombies would be the end of us all.......slow zombies are just not really a concern......but boy those fast ones can really fuck a day up.
View Quote

Just like they haven't banned us from owning many types of firearms right? I admit

it may not happen immediately, but that kind of talk is made to gain supporters and

will be a goal for them.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Now that isn't full retard, I don't know what is.
View Quote
You don't want to go there Buddy!

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#22]
After what's been going on in this government over the past decade, the only thing I know for sure is to not put ANYTHING past the liberal movement. As has been said, there have been many, many things happening that I would have never thought possible.

Also let us not forget the $300 million they're asking for to "develop" this Hollywood-inspired (Shoot 'Em Up) technology. I wonder if these "industry experts" that the Biden/Holder brain trust met with happen to be DNC contributors?

I can hear it now..."We'll donate $100,000, you give us $300,000,000 to develop technology that will never work."
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Just like they haven't banned us from owning many types of firearms right? I admit
it may not happen immediately, but that kind of talk is made to gain supporters and
will be a goal for them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

will be a goal for them.  

Explain to me why they have not brought back another AWB?  Tracking bracelets and shit will not happen
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:43:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Explain to me why they have not brought back another AWB?  Tracking bracelets and shit will not happen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

will be a goal for them.  

That didn't work to well the 1st time for them that's why.  Now they are going to take another road. Any and all roads they can till we are all slaves. That's if we let them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Exactly my point.....that shit went really bad for them the first time......yes I know they are always going to try to push for any sort of ban one way or another but wearing a bracelet or some kind of "tracker" will never happen.....that Is one shit storm nobody will ever sign on to.....it's all lip service......they can TALK all they want, I will sit back and wait  to see how it plays out......lets bring this discussion back up one year from now and see if we are all walking around with bracelets, ankle bands, micro chips, or tattoos......I'm gonna say no.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
They will ask for the sun and the moon .  Then take what ever they can when they can. If they do push to hard it might not end well.  Seems to me they are close to that edge now.  One thing is for sure you can expect more EO from BHO.  Holder is already asking for more money next year for the ATF.  What do you think he'll all want to do with that ?

It didn't go all that bad . Look how many states kept the ban after it ended. Add to that all the guns that didn't get sold in that time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

will be a goal for them.  

In case you missed it... Many States kept it and passed even more regs. We lost the right to

import barrels and many other things. 1986 happened... I could go on and on.

I am not necessarily saying it would be a Federal law but again this gives ideas to people

across the Nation and this is how crazy laws get passed.

I believe in States Rights, but even A State does not have the right to violate the US Constitution.

They have been calling for manufacturers to produce these types of weapons and

some are. This in itself shows that it is very possible for a law like this to be propossed

and even passed.

Don't bury your head in the sand and claim it can't happen. That is a dangerous way

to live and leads to apathy.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Exactly my point.....that shit went really bad for them the first time......yes I know they are always going to try to push for any sort of ban one way or another but wearing a bracelet or some kind of "tracker" will never happen.....that Is one shit storm nobody will ever sign on to.....it's all lip service......they can TALK all they want, I will sit back and wait  to see how it plays out......lets bring this discussion back up one year from now and see if we are all walking around with bracelets, ankle bands, micro chips, or tattoos......I'm gonna say no.
View Quote

They are not claiming it to be a tracker, but anything with a RFID chip in it can be tracked.

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Holder is such an epic scumbag that the English language lacks the words strong enough to adequately describe him.

He's the epitome of the social activist AG.

Refusing to prosecute the black panthers voter into ideation case. Pushing for a civil rights case against Zimmerman. Refusing to cooperate in any way regarding Benghazi, the IRS targeting scandal and Fast & Furious.

The list goes on and on and on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:30:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's an idea for that dipstick.
How about;  all politicians be required to wear a NECK bracelet that automatically tightens a little more each time they lie to the American people.....................  

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's an idea for that dipstick.
How about;  all politicians be required to wear a NECK bracelet that automatically tightens a little more each time they lie to the American people.....................  

View Quote

lol they would all be dead....

Separate from that, I do agree that the braclets and trigger might be a bit far fetched but like another user mentioned, they take what they can get. It's like asking for the most expensive thing you can think of just so that someone will feel bad for you and give you a little more then you deserve. That's what they do, they go gather bits and pieces until they have what they originally wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top