Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2012 4:00:26 PM EDT
Im sure this comes upp very often but..

sent my paperwork off on the 6th and was just wondering what the wait time has been lately.
I have heard it changes throughout the year..anyone get theres lately and if so how long did it take
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Sent mine in at the end of March, got it back almost exactly 4 weeks later.

Hope this helps. I know how the wait is.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
My renewel was something like 2 weeks. They're very fast now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I renewed in March and it was exactly 7 days from the day I shipped the packet (Monday to Monday).

I was impressed!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I mailed mine in on 4/28. Got it back on 5/26.

New license not a renewal btw.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 3:54:00 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife and daughter's took 2 weeks to the day. They did theirs here in Jacksonville, at the office on Baymeadows rd. I was impressed considering when I did mine way back when it took like 4 months.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I think it would help if you note whether or not you went to a regional office of snail mailed it in..I have a few people asking me about the process and would like to know how long the current wait is with either method..
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I snail mailed mine.  It took about 4 1/2 weeks from my mailbox to my mailbox.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sent mine in at the end of March, got it back almost exactly 4 weeks later.

Hope this helps. I know how the wait is.

This was for a new permit and I mailed it USPS. Check cleared within 3 days, but no updates until 4 weeks later, then took 2 days to get in my hand. I did have electronic FP's done if that matters.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't you goto an office now and do the whole thing soup to nuts in one sitting ? except getting the CCW class certif of course.

I did mine in 2008 and it was exactly 90 days from mail out to back to me again, of course it really took 5 months as I screwed up the app and it took two months for them to get back to me telling me that my prints for outside the time alotted for them.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I sent my stuff in for a new license on April 17th and my application is still being processed I am really getting tired of the wait. It's been 9 weeks today since I sent it in. Their automated hotline says that the estimated processing time is 6-8 weeks. I tried getting ahold of an actual person earlier today but got tired of waiting on hold after 30 mins...

ETA: I finally got through to an actual person and was told that it is taking approximately 90 days for them to do a background check...really?

Looks like I got another month of waiting...
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can't you goto an office now and do the whole thing soup to nuts in one sitting ? except getting the CCW class certif of course.
I did mine in 2008 and it was exactly 90 days from mail out to back to me again, of course it really took 5 months as I screwed up the app and it took two months for them to get back to me telling me that my prints for outside the time alotted for them.

You can, but when I called the Orlando office, it was 3-4 weeks before I could get an appointment. So I just sent it in myself.

Supposedly if you do it at the office you will have your permit in about a week  once it has been sent.
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can, but when I called the Orlando office, it was 3-4 weeks before I could get an appointment. So I just sent it in myself.

Supposedly if you do it at the office you will have your permit in about a week  once it has been sent.

3-4 weeks for an appt ??holy shit.

I must admit though that there is something special about doing it snail mail. The anticipation you get as you pass the 70-80 day mark, checking the mail everyday like a kid on christmas morning. I remember my letter carrier came an knocked on my door to personally hand it to me, I jumped around the house like a crazy person for about  an hour
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
seems like the general rule is about 4 weeks for most people.
the idea of a 90 day background check is driving my crazy though.
I sent mine through the mail do to the long wait for an appt. at the office.
I also just sent off my fiancee's so she will be starting her wait aswell.

i'll update my post when it arrives for those that are interested.

tomorrow will be the two weeks mark, I have to admit it is exciting running the the mailbox everyday even though i dont expect it for  at least another week
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

tomorrow will be the two weeks mark, I have to admit it is exciting running the the mailbox everyday even though i dont expect it for  at least another week

I couldn't believe it when the lady on the phone told me it would take that long to do a background check. I had to ask her twice to be sure because I thought I had misheard what she said.

But just do yourself a favor and take my advice.

Do not call the hotline to check your application's status or you will drive yourself crazy. You will want to call and check on it every day. Well, if you are impatient like me you will lol.

I'll be sure to check in once mine comes in to help give you an idea of how long it could take.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't believe it when the lady on the phone told me it would take that long to do a background check. I had to ask her twice to be sure because I thought I had misheard what she said.

Do not call the hotline to check your application's status or you will drive yourself crazy. You will want to call and check on it every day. Well, if you are impatient like me you will lol.

I'll be sure to check in once mine comes in to help give you an idea of how long it could take.

to tell you the truth I didnt even know you could call and check the status lol
I guess thats for the best as i would have called just to see..
I'll try and stick it out without calling as long as i can.
its been alittle over 2 weeks so hopfully im at least half way there
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does not take 90 days for the background check. She was simply telling you that the law requires them to issue the license in 90 days, although she did not state it in that manner. The FDLE check actually takes only a few minutes, at most, unless there are any unresolved (in their records) legal impediments, like no disposition on a court case or charges without final determination, then it might take them a day or two to resolve.
Link Posted: 6/22/2012 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Mail in... took right at about 4 weeks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2012 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Called tonight on a whim and my license has now been issued. Should be here soon! That was a little over 9 weeks from my mailbox to being issued.
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Did the expidited route at the JAX office.  Exactly 15 days it was in my hand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#20]
UPDATE!

I received my license in the mail today.

For those of you wondering that was 75 days from my mailbox and back to my mailbox.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
UPDATE!

I received my license in the mail today.

For those of you wondering that was 75 days from my mailbox and back to my mailbox.

Hope this helps

yours is the longest wait i have seen recently.

still nothing in the mailbox but it wont be 4 weeks untill this wednesday
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Just alittle update.

still nothing

Im at alittle over 6 weeks if I remember correctly.

pretty sure i filled everything out correctly, triple checked everything.

we will see
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#23]
UPDATE~

CCL came in the mail today.. just about 2 months if i remember correctly.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I have my appointment next Friday. Supposed to be 5 to 10 days after that at new Tampa office.

BTW, if you haven't taken the certification class yet but already have the class scheduled, make your CWP appointment right away. Less of a wait and you don't need the certificate until your appointment (which you will have after the class).
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have my appointment next Friday. Supposed to be 5 to 10 days after that at new Tampa office.

BTW, if you haven't taken the certification class yet but already have the class scheduled, make your CWP appointment right away. Less of a wait and you don't need the certificate until your appointment (which you will have after the class).

hopefully your wait wont be as long as mine.. I think I was starting to pissoff the mail lady.. some people just dont like being watched while they work I guess
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top