Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2012 9:21:36 AM EDT
There's an ad out for a big sale at Shoot Straight on Southern BLVD in WPB this weekend. Anyone else going?

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd rather pay more than support them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There's an ad out for a big sale at Shoot Straight on Southern BLVD in WPB this weekend. Anyone else going?  

screw SS.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Tough crowd.

I assume their "Sale" prices still won't be all that great, but I never miss an excuse to swing by a gun store / gun show.

Or did SS do something to piss off FLHTF that I wasn't aware of? I've been out of the loop.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]
shootstright sucks never give them a dollar
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Screw shoot straight.

I went in there looking for a BCM Gunfighter....."Oh yea, we can get them.....at a good price too, only $60.00 out the door."

Needless to say I left and will never go back. As my luck would have it 2 days later Primary Arms had them on sale for $38.00 shipped to my door.

I repeat...screw shoot straight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ditto
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
They've never done me wrong though I agree some prices are crazy but not everything. They have to pay for that new big building somehow I guess. The flier for their sales showed some ok deals nothing great or worth going for.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tough crowd.

I assume their "Sale" prices still won't be all that great, but I never miss an excuse to swing by a gun store / gun show.

Or did SS do something to piss off FLHTF that I wasn't aware of? I've been out of the loop.

They worked against the open carry bill for one thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#10]
their "sales" are nothing special. SOMETIMES you can find a deal there. I have gotten a couple good deals there. I have a couple friends there but most of them dont have a clue. They like to push them S&W ARs over spikes or anything else but my inside source said that is because they bought literally thousands of them.

Their ranges are nice though
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I've gotten a few deals at Shoot Straight and I do like their selection.  However, most of their prices are hight compared to what I was used to paying before I moved to Florida.  Truth be told, I'd like to find a cheaper shop near Lakeland!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I will never give them my business and educate anybody thinking of buying from them about how they worked AGAINST gun rights regarding FL open carry. They made their bed, I hope to one day see them go bankrupt. FSS! FBHO!
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've gotten a few deals at Shoot Straight and I do like their selection.  However, most of their prices are hight compared to what I was used to paying before I moved to Florida.  

This was my experience with them after moving down here. I didn't know about any of the stuff referenced in this thread until after making a couple purchases, on which I got good deals. I do like their ranges better than the other choices around me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:16:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've gotten a few deals at Shoot Straight and I do like their selection.  However, most of their prices are hight compared to what I was used to paying before I moved to Florida.  

This was my experience with them after moving down here. I didn't know about any of the stuff referenced in this thread until after making a couple purchases, on which I got good deals. I do like their ranges better than the other choices around me.

I shot there twice before the open carry debacle and I didn't enjoy the dumbass counter people fucking with my guns to "check them"  before I was allowed to shoot.

One dumbass girl didn't know how to operate the charging handle on my AR, it was pathetic to see the fumbling.

And another clueless kid didn't know how to rack the slide on my 1911; he actually couldn't do it so I grabbed back my pistol and locked back the slide for him.

Another thing that turned me away from that place was the phony gun laws they posted on their website and a their premises.

I believe that after being soundly ridiculed on Florida shooting enthusiasts websites including this one, they removed them, but the some of them were off the wall including the "illegality" of bringing a loaded magazine Into to a gun store.

Screw them they are anti gun rights.

If you are looking for a range that's not too far away, I recommend The Palm Beach Shooting Center.

Strongly pro carry, respectful no bullshit service, well lit, clean, and well ventilated 25 yard lanes for rifle and pistol; and if you are a member, you can shoot your own ammo all day at no extra charge.

Most, but not all, of their range ammo is fairly priced as well, about a buck or two more than online after shipping is figured in.

Link Posted: 3/30/2012 3:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I recommend The Palm Beach Shooting Center.

3 hours and 15 minutes from me.

I agree, I can't stand their fumbling around with the guns I'm about to shoot. They're more likely to have an ND fumbling around with a gun that someone inappropriately brought in loaded than if they just left the thing in the range bag from the beginning.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 4:11:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will never give them my business and educate anybody thinking of buying from them about how they worked AGAINST gun rights regarding FL open carry. They made their bed, I hope to one day see them go bankrupt. FSS! FBHO!

I'm with you brother!  I can't believe a store that makes its money from guns/ammo has its spokespeople come out against guns in the media.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I am right around the corner from shoot strait in Tampa. Their prices are what scared me away for the longest time. Every now and then, and I mean in a rare pink moon they do have a deal on something. Usually it is when a representative from a manufacturer such as s&w or sig is there pushing their products. When that happens the products usually come down to market prices for that short weekend. Other than that shoot straight is garbage and Id rather not have anything to do with that place. Listening to the staff  talk to customers is comical as well.

I was there getting a fore grip for my SBR and the clerk said. "I was in Iraq,  the first thing I did was take that donkey dick off cause it got in the way when I was trying to use cars as cover, fore grips have no practical use"  After I explained my SBR is an entry type weapon, and I highly doubted most homes contain a Buick for me to rest my rifle on. He then tried to talk me into a UTG folding vertical grip, that had "best of both worlds". Really? I nicely walked away. Guy was pretty retarded to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I recommend The Palm Beach Shooting Center.

3 hours and 15 minutes from me.

I agree, I can't stand their fumbling around with the guns I'm about to shoot. They're more likely to have an ND fumbling around with a gun that someone inappropriately brought in loaded than if they just left the thing in the range bag from the beginning.

That's exactly what was going through my mind as well, as I watched the pathetic display of  incompetent gun handling by their " staff".

They create an additional hazard more often than not.
Link Posted: 3/30/2012 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Never get my business
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tough crowd.

1. SS came out very vocally AGAINST open carry.
2. SS had posted several "laws" that didn't exist.
3. SS hires people that don't know guns, but they act like they do.
4. SS's prices are higher than most.

Any  one of the above would be enough of a reason to never spend a dime with them and hope they go out of business.

Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Walked in there once to see if they had a buffer spring I could buy. Moron behind the counter said I would need to go to a gunsmith for that.
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 8:40:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck 'em then. I didn't go. FLHTF is legion.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I use them to see what I like. Often, then I order online.

They had a CMMG .22 kit, that had a torn package - never used - for $170. About as good as a deal gets from SS.
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Khaled W. Akkawi

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Orlando/khaled-w-akkawi-P1589716.aspx

The Volume Dealer

Miami — Zipping around the Miami gun show on his Segway, Khaled Akkawi, the stern-faced owner of Shoot Straight Sports, makes for an imposing figure. Akkawi operates what is said to be the highest volume gun seller in the nation, selling 50,000 to 70,000 guns a year. The Lebanese immigrant has sold at gun shows for 28 years and has stores in Casselberry, Apopka and Tampa. Two more open this year in Fort Myers and Lakeland...

http://www.floridatrend.com/print_article.asp?aID=50438

Officer/Registered Agent Name List

http://sunbiz.org/scripts/corofflis.exe?action=OFFBWD&action_dir=B&princ_comp_name=AKKAWIKHALED&names_cor_number=L02000018848&princ_type=R&cor_web_princ_seq=0000

Officer/RA Name Entity Name Entity Number

AKKAWI, KHALED SOUTHEAST FIREARMS WARRANTY, INC. K86975
AKKAWI, KHALED SS II HOLDING COMPANY, LLC L02000018847
AKKAWI, KHALED SS I HOLDING COMPANY, LLC L02000018848
AKKAWI, KHALED SS III FERN PARK HOLDING CO., LLC L05000028080
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT FT. MYERS, LLC L08000033227
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT FT. MYERS HOLDING CO., LLC L08000033235
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT WEST PALM BEACH, LLC L09000022757
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT CLEARWATER HOLDING CO., LLC L11000116728
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT FT. LAUDERDALE HOLDING CO., LLC L11000143582
AKKAWI, KHALED S.C.O. CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC. N05000008768
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT TAMPA HOLDING CO. P05000036203
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT TAMPA, INC. P05000044276
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT FT. MYERS, INC. P09000090383
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT WPB, INC. P10000025810
AKKAWI, KHALED SSD INTERNATIONAL, INC. P11000076988
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT OF CLEARWATER HOLDING CO. P11000080264
AKKAWI, KHALED SHOOT STRAIGHT CLEARWATER, INC. P11000094725
AKKAWI, KHALED TED MAINES INTERIORS, INC. P12000030059
AKKAWI, KHALED VAN CLEAVE HAIR DESIGN, INC. P98000003236
AKKAWI, KHALED MAG SAFE AMMO, INC. P98000014633
AKKAWI, KHALED SOUTHEAST FIREARMS WARRANTY, INC. K86975
AKKAWI, KHALED SS II HOLDING COMPANY, LLC L02000018847

Officer/Registered Agent Name List

http://sunbiz.org/scripts/corofflis.exe?action=OFFFWD&action_dir=F&princ_comp_name=AKKAWIKHALED&names_cor_number=L02000018847&princ_type=R&cor_web_princ_seq=0000

Officer/RA Name Entity Name Entity Number

AKKAWI, KHALED SS I HOLDING COMPANY, LLC L02000018848
AKKAWI, KHALED MAG SAFE AMMO, INC. P98000014633
AKKAWI, KHALED W SHOOT STRAIGHT II, INC. P96000053146
AKKAWI, KHALED W SHOOT STRAIGHT, INC. P94000048967
AKKAWI, KHALED W SHOOT STRAIGHT II, INC. P96000053146
AKKAWI, KHALED W PRES SHOOT STRAIGHT FLORIDA, INC. J14468
AKKAWI, KHALED W PRES SHOOT STRAIGHT, INC. P94000048967
AKKAWI, KHALED W PRES. SHOOT STRAIGHT FLORIDA, INC. J14468
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

They had a CMMG .22 kit, that had a torn package - never used - for $170. About as good as a deal gets from SS.

I imagine I'll be wise to wait until the next WPB gun show anyway, Florida Gun Exchange usually has decent prices. Not steals, but not too bad. Doesn't look like there will be one this month. May, I guess.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Khalid has some very nasty quirks
Link Posted: 4/4/2012 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I imagine I'll be wise to wait until the next WPB gun show anyway, Florida Gun Exchange usually has decent prices. Not steals, but not too bad. Doesn't look like there will be one this month. May, I guess.

Florida gun exchange has better prices that ss on pistols most of the time.If ss has a better price on something fge will price match when asked.SS will never see A single penny from me.

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Khalid has some very nasty quirks

Come on now, use facts. Not emotions.

Link Posted: 4/5/2012 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top