Author
Posted: 10/29/2010 4:55:07 PM
I get a lot of people who want to give us a hard time about being "New" Players in the AR Market. I try my best to reason with them that just because we are new to the AR market, doesnt necessarily mean that our product isnt awesome. Every company was "new" at some point. As quite a few of you are probably aware, our parent company (GTO Performance Airboats) has been Manufacturing some of the highest quality and most innovative airboats on the market for over 15 years now. We are by no means an "upstart company" and we would like to show everyone that. I personally invite you to stop by our location in Ocala, Fl and take a look at our Rifles (and boats). Some of our friendly, eager staff would be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have about any of our products. We look forward to having some of you drop by. ~Josh M.

Below are a variety of the products manufactured in house by Core 15 Rifle Systems/Bluegrass Armory/ GTO Performance Airboats
Core 15 Rifle Systems

Bluegrass Armory Viper .50 BMG

GTO Performance Airboats
AfterTithes
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/29/2010 5:10:26 PM
I have been dealing with this company for a few months now. They are above board and I have to agree with him... The sales staff goes out of their way to assist you. I have a few AR's and have two Core 15 lowers that I am in the process of building. For the 10 year CFDCC shoot, the guys at Core put my billet lower together so I could use it at the shoot. I have run about 300 rounds (low count I know) through this rifle and it has become my new go to gun. In fact I am more pleased with it than I am my S&W MP15T and BCM...

Just my .02

M
MyakkaVice
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/29/2010 8:28:06 PM
I really like the airboat, how much do they run and how hard is it to learn how to drive one? (I have plenty of boat seat time, just not in an air boat, yet)
CPTK
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 12:56:38 AM
+1 for GTO

been there - good peeps and products
billy-b
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 4:52:19 AM
Originally Posted By AfterTithes:
I have been dealing with this company for a few months now. They are above board and I have to agree with him... The sales staff goes out of their way to assist you. I have a few AR's and have two Core 15 lowers that I am in the process of building. For the 10 year FDCC CFDCC shoot, the guys at Core put my billet lower together so I could use it at the shoot. I have run about 300 rounds (low count I know) through this rifle and it has become my new go to gun. In fact I am more pleased with it than I am my S&W MP15T and BCM...

Just my .02

M

Corrected it for you...

Bowhntr6pt
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 6:08:56 AM
I have been there a couple times, got my Fox Pro caller from your shop. Nice folks, nice place.
Schmoopy
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 3:28:33 PM

I'll drop in again next time I'm up seeing that Moore kid
Devilman13xx
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/30/2010 11:24:15 PM
[Last Edit: 10/30/2010 11:25:19 PM by Devilman13xx]
got a few questions for ya

is your 16" chromoly barrel chrome lined or entierly chromoly
is it a midlength or carbine
do you offer any kind of package deal/discount if i got basically everything to build a rifle except the upper and lower (barrell gas tube bcg buffer stock parts kit)
im sure ill think of more lol
Mannlicher
Grumpy old Gator
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 6:53:49 AM
I've never stopped in, but know where they are. Guess I'll stick my head in the door next time I am in Ocala.
Nemo Me Impune lacesset
J_M_C
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 6:58:12 AM
Nice to see what appears to be a well stocked, well run dealer right up the road from me in Ocala. I'll have to check them out also.
Dru
Embrace The Hate
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 8:52:43 AM
[Last Edit: 10/31/2010 7:59:49 PM by Dru]
People here are giving you a hard time?

I plain on stopping in maybe picking up a receiver...

In the future it's either going to be you or spikes that get business from me..I'm all about supporting Florida based firearm manufactures/builders....
crusher613
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 11:14:47 AM
I've been in the shop a few times over the past few years. The Core rifles looked and felt very well put together and they have a large selection compared to any other local shop in the Alachua/Marion County area. The prices are also competitive on items I was interested in. They had a few suppressors in stock as well and Josh was cool to just sit around and talk with while I looked around. If they sold beer it would be better than Walmart, where else can you get your fill of firearms and airboats at the same location. I will definitely spend money at this location again.
ReefRaider
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 11:36:05 AM
I always wanted an air boat and yet I have never been on one. Do you ever give test rides ?

"There is a fine line between having balls and being a dumb ass" GB
hoppinglark
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 4:05:41 PM
I always stop by when ya'll are closed.
Miami02TJ
Training Junkie!
Instructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/31/2010 10:16:04 PM
Do you guys make your own lowers, uppers, bolts, etc or just assembling them

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
They must find it difficult ...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
rather than truth as the authority.

-- Gerald Massey
AGR1279
You can't fix stupid.
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 10:39:41 AM
Originally Posted By Miami02TJ:

They have CNC machines and cut thier own uppers and lowers. They do buy a lot of other parts.

Dan
Sheep, Sheepdog or Wolf? What are you?
core15rifles
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 11:22:26 AM

Originally Posted By Miami02TJ:

AGR1279 is correct. We do manufacture our own lowers and uppers in house. We feel that by doing this we have a much tighter ability to regulate our Quality Control. Products that we do not manufacture in house are acquired from reputable manufacturers in the industry. ~Josh M.
core15rifles
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 11:24:15 AM

Originally Posted By Devilman13xx:
got a few questions for ya

is your 16" chromoly barrel chrome lined or entierly chromoly
is it a midlength or carbine
do you offer any kind of package deal/discount if i got basically everything to build a rifle except the upper and lower (barrell gas tube bcg buffer stock parts kit)
im sure ill think of more lol

I do not currently offer a special on a complete rifle minus the receivers. I'm sure that we could put something together for you though if you would like. ~Josh M.
Devilman13xx
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 11:42:44 AM
i won that noveske upper/lower in the fdcc raffle. i wasnt planning on building another rfile but now the bug has me

i have a stripped lower an upper, a muzzle brake, and a trigger guard to work with lol. i need everything else and like supporting local places.

ive got enough to do a buget build and am not looking for anything fancy. pretty much a KISS rifle. the most fancy bit i wanna run is a magpul MOE handguard and AFG and a bad lever lol.

anyways my first order of business is a barrel and BCG since they are the most expensive.

core15rifles
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 3:45:32 PM

Originally Posted By Devilman13xx:
i won that noveske upper/lower in the fdcc raffle. i wasnt planning on building another rfile but now the bug has me

i have a stripped lower an upper, a muzzle brake, and a trigger guard to work with lol. i need everything else and like supporting local places.

ive got enough to do a buget build and am not looking for anything fancy. pretty much a KISS rifle. the most fancy bit i wanna run is a magpul MOE handguard and AFG and a bad lever lol.

anyways my first order of business is a barrel and BCG since they are the most expensive.

Glad to hear you won that upper. It was a nice one. Give us a shout or stop by if you get a little extra time and we can work something up for you. ~Josh M.
reign719
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife!
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/1/2010 5:27:38 PM
Not sure if you remember me, but I drove up from Orlando during the week a few months ago to pick up the 7.5" Lothar Walther Barrel for my pistol build.

You guys actually had a nice selection of parts when I went up there a few months ago. Anyhow, keep doing what you're doing, people will always talk.
Don't be a sheep!
www.reignfl.com
7Six2Fifty4R
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/2/2010 7:37:33 PM
i literally passed your billboard on 75 south this evening on my way back from VA with my toys; though about stopping in to see what was up but alas i was just wanting to be out the car for good then... have to stop in the next time im in the area
hoppinglark
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/2/2010 9:38:31 PM
looks like the control freaks here in Alachua County passed their Airboat Curfew.
I just hope they don't expand it any...

Been looking at those Core-15 lowers for a while, guess I'll get one soon.
core15rifles
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2010 8:27:16 AM
[Last Edit: 11/3/2010 10:55:01 AM by core15rifles]

Originally Posted By reign719:
Not sure if you remember me, but I drove up from Orlando during the week a few months ago to pick up the 7.5" Lothar Walther Barrel for my pistol build.

You guys actually had a nice selection of parts when I went up there a few months ago. Anyhow, keep doing what you're doing, people will always talk.

I remember you coming up. How is the build going? ~Josh M.
Miami_JBT
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2010 9:01:01 AM
What's the price on your fifty calibers? Looking at getting into big bore fun. Also looking at moving out of Florida to Texas but I'd like to support local industry in my Birth State.
“A man ought to do what he thinks is right” - John Wayne

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson
core15rifles
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/3/2010 11:17:00 AM
Price on the Viper is $4195. Features include:

One Piece Body
30 MOA Scope Rail Machined into Rifle (not bolted down)
No Welds in the Entire Rifle
Bipod Easily Removed
Trigger Easily Removed Via 2 Detent Pins
Stock Easily Removed Via 2 Detent Pins
3 Lug Bolt Assembly
29" McGowen Barrel
Guaranteed Sub MOA Groups to 1000 yds