Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 5/7/2012 3:58:22 PM
I called Mr. Parker today to get my Tigr refinished, he quoted me $250 and I asked about polishing the hammer surfaces after the refinish is complete. Then he screamed at me over the phone saying, "I don't need any new customers or projects, just go find some quack from the internet." Then hung up. I tried to call back to apologize if I some how offended him and no answer. So it seems to me even though Mr. Parker has done SVDS conversions and does good work, he does not care about his business or future customers.
myco4you
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 4:26:54 PM
Maybe his medication needs to be updated?
williammunny
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 4:27:25 PM
Seems like there is a bunch of dialogue missing between you getting the quote and him yelling.
Stizout
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 6:14:16 PM
Originally Posted By williammunny:
Seems like there is a bunch of dialogue missing between you getting the quote and him yelling.

That's the thing I asked about his finish, then a quote and later polishing the fcg contact surfaces and he went off. I have never dealt with a gunsmith like that.
RescueGunner
That Others May Live...That Theirs May Die
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 7:51:09 PM
Originally Posted By Stizout:

That's the thing I asked about his finish, then a quote and later polishing the fcg contact surfaces and he went off. I have never dealt with a gunsmith like that.

Quality gunsmithing is an art and all good artists have the potential to be eccentrics.
DisplacedHoosier
Gruntling the Disgruntled
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 8:35:45 PM
Originally Posted By RescueGunner:

Quality gunsmithing is an art and all good artists have the potential to be eccentrics.

There's a fairly large line between "eccentric" and "raging dumbass/asshole".
"I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."---Ender's Game
RescueGunner
That Others May Live...That Theirs May Die
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 10:24:58 PM
Originally Posted By DisplacedHoosier:
Originally Posted By RescueGunner:

There's a fairly large line between "eccentric" and "raging dumbass/asshole".

I would agree. I'd also like to have witnessed what went down or at least hear it from both sides.
DisplacedHoosier
Gruntling the Disgruntled
Link To This Post
Posted: 5/7/2012 11:49:06 PM
Agreed.
"I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."---Ender's Game