Site Notices
Author
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:15:48 PM
[Last Edit: 2/3/2012 2:15:48 PM by Old_Painless]

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Review on Model 1 Sales: This company is on my list as the #1 worst company to deal with (and I have deal with A LOT of companies). This is definitely a company I would NOT buy from ever again. I ordered a $35 item and when I receive it, they also sent me a receipt for $48.35. On the final check out page when ordering online, the price was $35. When I called them, a lady answered and told me the extra $13.35 was shipping and handling charges. $13.35 is about 38% of the cost of the item I ordered, had I known I was going to get charged $48.35, I would not have placed the order as I could have gotten a better one for cheaper. I calmly explained this to her and she hung up on me!!!

As for what I ordered, it is an Armorer’s action block with T-handle. I would also rate the product as poor because when I put an upper receiver in the block, it is a very loose fit. I would have expected it to fit somewhat snuggly but with the action block fully closed, the upper receiver rattles around with a lot of play. Also, do not expect fast shipping, it shipped from their facility 5 days after the order was placed.

Moral of the story: If you want to get over charged for an inferior product and then get treated with HORRIBLE customer service then by all means, shop at Model 1 Sales.
Bitmap
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:11:06 PM
Too bad you didn't look at the total when you placed your order.

Shipping is outrageous these days. I was shopping for a holster and found one I liked until I saw that the place was going to charge me $18 for UPS ground shipping. You have to watch out for those things.
Krylancelo
"Average Earth Person"
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:13:04 PM
Yup... This is the #1 reason I ordered my barrel vice blocks from Bushmaster instead of from Model 1. Bushmaster charged me $6 for shipping, model 1 wanted $16... Same price for the product.
Proud member of the National Rifle Association, Nebraska Firearms Owners Association, and Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.
I avoid political discussion because no one agrees with my strange mix of beliefs. But I am pro-gun, pro-self defense, and pro-America.
foursixty
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:13:53 PM
I am sorry to hear of your trouble as well. I too ordered the vice block set your talking about. Only difference is I find it to be an excellent product, and is as good as any I have seen. Well worth the money. Maybe you got a dud.

Also, I ordered mine from MidwayUSA so I didn't have the pleasure of dealing with Model 1's customer service.

Still, sorry to hear it.
RenegadeX
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:14:41 PM
+1

I have not ordered from a lot of places due to unjustified/outrageous SHI charges.
Old_Painless
The Poster O'Truth
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:15:12 PM
Wrong Forum. I will move it for you.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." - Capt. W. F. Call, Texas Ranger

http://www.theboxotruth.com/

par3
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:20:04 PM
Ha ha ... you think $48.35 is bad, wait for the fraudulent cc charges to bite your ass!
peligro113
You see this?! THIS… is my BOOMSTICK!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:23:18 PM
Originally Posted By par3:
Ha ha ... you think $48.35 is bad, wait for the fraudulent cc charges to bite your ass!

It takes a couple of weeks, I would just call your bank now and cancel the card, it will save you some heartburn.
System Message - COC violation quotation has made the thread irretreivably stupid.
Aimless
The Original ®Angry Bird
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:31:56 PM

Originally Posted By Bitmap:

Shipping is outrageous these days. I was shopping for a holster and found one I liked until I saw that the place was going to charge me $18 for UPS ground shipping. You have to watch out for those things.

I don't think Model1 shows the shipping and handling..
John Willis OSOE http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/929579_John_Willis__OSOE.html
Glockfu
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:48:27 PM
[Last Edit: 2/3/2012 2:52:42 PM by Glockfu]
Originally Posted By Bitmap:

The reason I didn't see any shipping charges was because there were NO shipping charges listed. It said "Total: $35" so this is what I authorized.

Their argument is that there is a statement that says ""*In an effort to offer you the best possible shipping and insurance rates, Model 1 Sales will apply the shipping cost at the time your order is processed. You may contact Model 1 Sales for an estimate of your shipping costs after placing your order. " but to me, my order is being processed when I hit the final submit but on the final check out page. Based on this arguement what if they charged $50 for shipping and handlling, does it make it okay since they have this statement? I have never seen any other website operate like this. There is no way I would authorized a company that I have no relationship with and know nothing about to have an open ended charge limit on my credit card for whatever they think is fair.
Glockfu
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:51:27 PM
Originally Posted By peligro113:

It takes a couple of weeks, I would just call your bank now and cancel the card, it will save you some heartburn.

Are you guys serious??? I wouldn't put it past them at this point.
peligro113
You see this?! THIS… is my BOOMSTICK!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 2:55:06 PM
Originally Posted By Glockfu:
Originally Posted By peligro113:

Are you guys serious??? I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

It happened to me, so yes I am serious
System Message - COC violation quotation has made the thread irretreivably stupid.
MMcfpd
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 3:07:59 PM
They don't give you a shipping price but what their order pages say should give you a clue that there will be shipping charges:
In an effort to offer you the best possible shipping and insurance rates, Model 1 Sales will apply the shipping cost at the time your order is processed. You may contact Model 1 Sales for an estimate of your shipping costs after placing your order.
Aimless
The Original ®Angry Bird
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 3:09:44 PM
[Last Edit: 2/3/2012 3:10:05 PM by Aimless]

Originally Posted By MMcfpd:
They don't give you a shipping price but what their order pages say should give you a clue that there will be shipping charges:
"BEND OVER DUMBASS!"

John Willis OSOE http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/929579_John_Willis__OSOE.html
Usagi
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 5:22:25 PM
OMG! A company charged for shipping!!!

Model 1 tells you they will charge for shipping. I have a martial arts supplier that does the same thing.
Model 1 does not overcharge for shipping - their rates are very similar to others that sell comparably sized items.

ONLY difference I see here is that some (not all) companies tell you exactly how much they will charge for shipping. Model 1 does not.
There are many reasons not to indicate exactly how much for shipping (varying rates, updating websites, etc.).

I suggest that if $13 shipping freaks you out this much, then you probably couldn't really afford the item in the first place.
landman303
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:02:20 PM
This advice from a member with 3000+ posts and NO feedback, even in the old system???
I own a pair of Shelties. Their bark is worse than their bite.
I own a pair of Glocks. They don't have that problem.
par3
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 7:16:51 PM
Originally Posted By Usagi:

Model 1 tells you they will charge for shipping. I have a martial arts supplier that does the same thing.
Model 1 does not overcharge for shipping - their rates are very similar to others that sell comparably sized items.

ONLY difference I see here is that some (not all) companies tell you exactly how much they will charge for shipping. Model 1 does not.
There are many reasons not to indicate exactly how much for shipping (varying rates, updating websites, etc.).

I suggest that if $13 shipping freaks you out this much, then you probably couldn't really afford the item in the first place.

I was more freaked out by the fraudulent cc charges after my first (and last) order with Model 1.

Glockfu
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 8:12:55 PM
[Last Edit: 2/3/2012 8:35:14 PM by Glockfu]

I don't have a problem with a company charging for shipping. What I do have a problem with is being charged an amount I did not approve of and getting hung up on by their customer service. If you don't have a problem with either, please send me your credit card number...

Apparently, I'm not the only one on this forum that has had problems with them. I am just stating that I don't agree with their business practices but if you do, good for you! But there are plenty of companies out there with better business practices and customer service to choose from. And yes, $13 shipping bugs the hell out of me when I placed an order with another company the same day and could have gotten a better one for $5 cheaper. I would have gotten a better product for less but I opted for this one foolishly thinking I was saving $8.
Raptor22
EE Enforcer
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:25:56 PM
You guys never learn. With all of the good vendors we have here, why do you continue to order from vendors outside of this site? You were given good advice in this thread. I would advise you to cancel your card immediately. Instead of overpaying shady vendors on shipping, you should have invested that money in a Team membership. This would have allowed you to do a search on Model 1 Sales. You would have found out that you would have been best served to take you business elsewhere.
Proud Member of Ranstad's Militia...The Fantastic Bastards

Diplomacy is the ability to tell a person to go to hell in such a way that he actually looks forward to the trip.
MMcfpd
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:36:40 PM
Originally Posted By Glockfu:
And yes, $13 shipping bugs the hell out of me when I placed an order with another company the same day and could have gotten a better one for $5 cheaper. I would have gotten a better product for less but I opted for this one foolishly thinking I was saving $8.

Why did you think you were saving $8?

Look, I'm not smitten with Model 1 by any means, but if you went into the transaction eyes bright, then you knew there was some shipping charge, and you knew that you didn't know what it would be. Now $13 isn't great, but it's not out of the norm either; I've seen similar from many vendors, site dealers and non such. So you decided to go with an unknown that you were in fact advised would be there. Now you're experienced.
WILSON
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2012 3:55:15 PM
[Last Edit: 2/4/2012 3:56:28 PM by WILSON]
Originally Posted By landman303:
This advice from a member with 3000+ posts and NO feedback, even in the old system???

I didn't notice that until I read your post.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. ~ W. C. Fields
762minigun2
He said .... uh .... Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/9/2012 11:01:34 PM
Originally Posted By Raptor22:
You guys never learn. With all of the good vendors we have here, why do you continue to order from vendors outside of this site? You were given good advice in this thread. I would advise you to cancel your card immediately. Instead of overpaying shady vendors on shipping, you should have invested that money in a Team membership. This would have allowed you to do a search on Model 1 Sales. You would have found out that you would have been best served to take you business elsewhere.

I thought they were a site sponsor at one time.
I am the NRA.
maleante
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/11/2012 3:33:47 AM

Who are you exactly?
I'll save my thoughts on the people who can spend any amount of dollars on a rifle but can't devote 20 minutes to getting their body in shape for another thread. -skinnysarge79
blt-2-drg
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/11/2012 12:59:26 PM
If i got to the checkout step and a price for shipping was not clearly stated i would have closed the browser and looked elsewhere. Maybe thats just me, but i do not finalize an order without knowing the total first.

On another note... I've sold 1200 items on ebay in the last 2 years and shipping has gotten rediculous. My problem with most companies is they use UPS which is only good if you're sending a heavy package, otherwise if your package is only a couple pounds UPS still charges $12-$15. USPS just raised there prices again last month too.

I just tried to order a couple ITW fastmags from a company and they wanted $14.50 for UPS ground shipping. I called to ask if they could put them in an envelope and sent 1st class mail for 2 or 3 bucks, they declined so i said i would buy them from someone else.
Normal_Guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/11/2012 1:54:35 PM
Amazing how terrible customer service has become. Usually goes hand in hand with terrible products, terrible policies, terrible management, etc, etc.

OP - use some small pieces of old tshirt or something to snug up the fit of upper in the block. It should be serviceable but it surely shouldn't have been nearly $50.
ZootTX
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/13/2012 6:12:24 PM

Bullshit, they could fit the OPs product in a $6 USPS flat rate box or padded mailer.
Of all bad men, religious bad men are the worst. - C.S. Lewis
If you don't have questions you weren't paying attention. - Jeff Cooper
Iowaredneck
KEEPING IOWA ZOMBIE FREE
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/13/2012 9:25:56 PM
I have the same action block that I got from midway and it works fine. Put in in a vice and crank it down. I tried to order 2 Glock mags from natchez they wanted more than that to ship
"It's like a pile of wire coat hangers inside of my mind"

"Stop political correctness and start racial profiling"
762minigun2
He said .... uh .... Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/13/2012 10:14:59 PM
Originally Posted By maleante:

Who are you exactly?

probably exactly who your thinking it is.
I am the NRA.
scoutfsu99
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/14/2012 12:49:19 AM
Do tell
Wollt Ihr ewig leben?
Aimless
The Original ®Angry Bird
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/14/2012 2:45:34 PM

Originally Posted By 762minigun2:

ModelOne has never been a site sponsor since i have been here (I think)

bennnn
I can feel my triangular awesomeness leakin out,,,
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/19/2012 12:21:50 AM
Originally Posted By Aimless:

I'm pretty sure I saw Model 1 as a sponsor on WarRifles several years ago, but I don't remember them being here.
Pardon me sir, but this is General Discussion not Intellectual Discussion. Originally Posted By Justin-Kase

Originally Posted By ArimoDave: All bleeding stops eventually.
John762
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 4:17:04 PM
Dispute the charge with your CC company.
HankHill33
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 7:05:45 PM
I ship stuff by U.S.P.S all the time
Costs for everything are up
If its going further its costing you more
If it does not fit in a flat rate box you are screwed
Buyers want ther stuff for the price posted
No one WANTS to pay for shipping
I understand
But please understand this.....
I cant give anything away.... my time to pack it.... take it to the post office..... my time in line and
those last numbers on the screen that just keep getting higher and higher.
FREE shipping is gone
Or you are just crazy to think it is FREE ....got news for you
Nothing in the world is free
By the way this is about shipping cost
NOT Model 1 sales Customer service
CC fraud is a crime
if this is true..that they ripped you off or gave away your info... report them to the authorities with your proof
Send them to jail
Hank

jhud
theres no way to control it, its totally automatic
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/29/2012 1:01:03 AM
Originally Posted By HankHill33:
I ship stuff by U.S.P.S all the time
Costs for everything are up
If its going further its costing you more
If it does not fit in a flat rate box you are screwed
Buyers want ther stuff for the price posted
No one WANTS to pay for shipping
I understand
But please understand this.....
I cant give anything away.... my time to pack it.... take it to the post office..... my time in line and
those last numbers on the screen that just keep getting higher and higher.
FREE shipping is gone
Or you are just crazy to think it is FREE ....got news for you
Nothing in the world is free
By the way this is about shipping cost
NOT Model 1 sales Customer service
CC fraud is a crime
if this is true..that they ripped you off or gave away your info... report them to the authorities with your proof
Send them to jail
Hank

Im with him.
Shipping is not cheap by anyshot, and no one wants to pay it.

As far as M1S.... the gun show booths are nice. Got a real nice deal a few years ago at the creek.
Never got the CC bite, but too many people say its true for me not to beleive it.
It's not paranoia if there really is somebody after you.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Aimless
The Original ®Angry Bird
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/1/2012 3:58:34 AM

Originally Posted By bennnn:
Originally Posted By Aimless:

I'm pretty sure I saw Model 1 as a sponsor on WarRifles several years ago, but I don't remember them being here.

In any event someone paying to advertise here does not mean the y are 100% trustworthy ie sableco,
bryan572
M&P15 Owner
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/1/2012 2:33:27 PM
Usagi sounds like a shill for Model 1!
I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.