Site Notices
7/21/2014 6:12:25 PM
Author
Posted: 9/6/2011 8:09:42 AM
[Last Edit: 9/6/2011 8:09:42 AM by Lancelot]
Just completed my first build. Good friend told me about SpecialOps Tactical, talked to Garrett and purchased a 14.5" complete upper with pinned and welded Phantom F/H a couple of weeks ago. Today I sighted it in, accuracy was first rate as it performed MOA or better. The Melonite finish was excellent. Needless to say my next build will have another Special Ops Tactical upper. Garrett provides first class service and an extremely high quality product.
RRCHL
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 10:25:06 AM
I have been a .30 cal man for years (M-14/FAL), just getting to old to lug all the weight. Went to AR platform and have not looked back. My next build will be SBR. Garrett ships very fast, from phone order to my front door was 4 days.
bikeman543
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:08:30 PM
[Last Edit: 9/5/2011 1:09:37 PM by bikeman543]
RRCHL,
Welcome to the forum. Don't let those internet bullies get ya down. They are probably much faster with their keyboard and a game controller than with an AR.

I'll throw in the business info. We have done business with Garrett, with Spikes and since. Garrett is good people. We support him on our web-site Pointman

RRCHL, you should have called I would have gone out with ya to sight in your new toy.
devinsdad
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/4/2011 3:15:25 PM
Joined last month, 1st post, shilling for another "Tactical" supply company that who"s heard of?? Smells like a company troll. What did you get, 10% off the next purchase?
proheromk1
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/4/2011 8:17:10 PM
Familiar..... You has it.
RRCHL
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:40:48 PM
Gonna take that as an"old school " welcome my friend. Where I come from knowledge is intended to be shared, which is what I am trying to do. May I suggest that in the future, don't be quite so fast to judge. This guy was with Spikes for some time and started out on his own. SpecOp has a very high quality product. It should be noted that there was in fact no discount. Thank for the welcome friend!
98Z5V
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 12:40:38 AM
Originally Posted By RRCHL:
Gonna take that as an"old school " welcome my friend. Where I come from knowledge is intended to be shared, which is what I am trying to do. May I suggest that in the future, don't be quite so fast to judge. This guy was with Spikes for some time and started out on his own. SpecOp has a very high quality product. It should be noted that there was in fact no discount. Thank for the welcome friend!

Exactly - Garrett Potter has taken care of me for a few years, at Spike's. Whenever I needed something, I called him directly, or asked for him, specifically. I'm pretty sure he knows about what it takes to build a quality rifle.

Big case of fail for that first guy that responded - he talked shit without checking his references.

This company will be pretty damn cool, coming up - I have that feeling.
madecov
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:16:47 AM
Garrett always took great care of me when he was at Spikes. The product line looks like a decent start.

I sent Garrett a copy of my FFL, we'll see if he has any dealer pricing. Web site says they ship fast. just may need to get an upper or two.
sinlessorrow
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:58:54 PM
Originally Posted By bikeman543:
RRCHL,
Welcome to the forum. Don't let those internet bullies get ya down. They are probably much faster with their keyboard and a game controller than with an AR.

I'll throw in the business info. We have done business with Garrett, with Spikes and since. Garrett is good people. We support him on our web-site Pointman

RRCHL, you should have called I would have gone out with ya to sight in your new toy.

its not being a bully at all.

lets face it when someone just joins, and his first post is a new company no ones heard of they are usually shilling
devinsdad
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 3:26:39 PM
Now, before you start busting my balls for this, scroll back a bit and count just how many of these threads there are. Off the top of my head, I know 3-4 without even trying. They ALWAYS start the same way. Some guy joins, and the 1st post is about some super tactical operator SEaL Special Forces company thats the best in the world and everyone should get their stuff from them. after that, you find out that they work for that company and is shilling for them. For the OP, I'm glad you found a good company to deal with, and for what it's worth....welcome abord. Stick around awhile and you too will see it happen.
bikeman543
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/5/2011 11:20:57 PM
[Last Edit: 9/5/2011 11:22:13 PM by bikeman543]
Originally Posted By devinsdad:
Now, before you start busting my balls for this, scroll back a bit and count just how many of these threads there are. Off the top of my head, I know 3-4 without even trying. They ALWAYS start the same way. Some guy joins, and the 1st post is about some super tactical operator SEaL Special Forces company thats the best in the world and everyone should get their stuff from them. after that, you find out that they work for that company and is shilling for them. For the OP, I'm glad you found a good company to deal with, and for what it's worth....welcome abord. Stick around awhile and you too will see it happen.

I guess my problem is why so many feel the need to be the forum police. If you think they are trolling, but you have no facts, then pass the thread on by. If they got bad info, then call them out. I guess it struck a nerve. I did a review on a chest rig from 762Tactical, awhile back and got some crap about being an employee, which I'm not. Then people began asking me questions I could not answer, so I got the owner of the company to join so he could offer answers. Then, someone busted his balls for being new. So basically, you can't win. So many people start crap in these forums since they are not held accountable.

I know RRCHL, personally, and he is not an employee of this company.
CujoTwoOne
Hmmm
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2011 12:47:02 AM
[Last Edit: 9/6/2011 12:53:36 AM by CujoTwoOne]
Originally Posted By bikeman543:
Originally Posted By devinsdad:

I guess my problem is why so many feel the need to be the forum police. If you think they are trolling, but you have no facts, then pass the thread on by. If they got bad info, then call them out. I guess it struck a nerve. I did a review on a chest rig from 762Tactical, awhile back and got some crap about being an employee, which I'm not. Then people began asking me questions I could not answer, so I got the owner of the company to join so he could offer answers. Then, someone busted his balls for being new. So basically, you can't win. So many people start crap in these forums since they are not held accountable.

I know RRCHL, personally, and he is not an employee of this company.

To clarify which company, Special Ops Tactical, your company, or neither? pardon my ignorance
Nothing worth having comes easy.
bikeman543
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/6/2011 12:09:18 PM
Nah, that is cool. RRCHL is not an employee of SpecOps, 762 or Pointman. Pointman is just a small firearms operation I help a friend run. We mostly specialize in Texas CHL and some basic firearms training for civilians. RRCHL has his own Texas CHL biz, here in the same town, and that is how we know each other.