Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 11:33:08 PM EDT
I've got a Zenith full size SBR, and recently picked up a German fixed stock from 1975.

It appears not to have a buffer as we know them now, just this plastic thing that is riveted to a metal plate.  Is this normal, or did I buy an incomplete stock.  Just shoot it and don't worry?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what the plastic thing you're talking about is, but there's no buffer in MP5A2 stocks so you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure what the plastic thing you're talking about is, but there's no buffer in MP5A2 stocks so you should be good to go.
View Quote
Wish I had a pic.

It's a hard black plastic plate where I'd have expected a urethane or rubber (given '75) buffer. It is riveted to a stamped steel backing using 2 rivets.  The plastic does exhibit some degree of bolt impact damage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like you have an HK-93/HK-33 (5.56mm) stock. The MP-5 "A2" fixed stock doesn't have the plastic disc, it only has a metal plate with no buffer. As far as I know, the 5.56mm stocks work just fine on the 9mm guns, but not the other way around.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah it does sound like an HK33 stock. Another way to tell is the curved buttplate. MP5 buttplates are flat.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It sounds like you have an HK-93/HK-33 (5.56mm) stock. The MP-5 "A2" fixed stock doesn't have the plastic disc, it only has a metal plate with no buffer. As far as I know, the 5.56mm stocks work just fine on the 9mm guns, but not the other way around.
View Quote
Doah! 

I'm not home now, but I believe it's curved.  Drat!
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
It is straight! But it has the disk.

The disk is dated with an verbatim date of 5/1/75. The body has a code of 3HJ. Could ones of.this age have the disk? Added later perhaps?

What harm could the disk cause? (As mentioned above)
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It is straight! But it has the disk.

The disk is dated with an verbatim date of 5/1/75. The body has a code of 3HJ. Could ones of.this age have the disk? Added later perhaps?

What harm could the disk cause? (As mentioned above)
View Quote
I have a fixed stock that like yours has a round buffer or plate that is held in with 2 rivets. It is dated from the 1970s as well. Sounds correct to me - just old.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a fixed stock that like yours has a round buffer or plate that is held in with 2 rivets. It is dated from the 1970s as well. Sounds correct to me - just old.
View Quote
Excellent, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys made me get out my Mp5 stock. It has a 3IJ code but no numerical date anywhere on it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I've run the exact same stock on my MP5 SBR for years with no issues. You even shot it up at Hite Hollow back in the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top