Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 9:08:20 PM EDT
I know it's beating a dead horse, but I just can't pry my self away from wanting a B&T Sp5k (short) stock. I also just happen to have been in love the look of the original HK PDW Stock since I was a kid. Don't want to get both. The short B&T seems to be a crowd favorite. I have fondled a friends Choate setup and it had a wobble to it which turned me off. It would be a huge let down if I went with the HK and it wobbled. Which would you get if you could only get one?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know it's beating a dead horse, but I just can't pry my self away from wanting a B&T Sp5k (short) stock. I also just happen to have been in love the look of the original HK PDW Stock since I was a kid. Don't want to get both. The short B&T seems to be a crowd favorite. I have fondled a friends Choate setup and it had a wobble to it which turned me off. It would be a huge let down if I went with the HK and it wobbled. Which would you get if you could only get one?
View Quote

I believe the hk stocks are also made by choate so you'll have the same wobble.  I have a choate because I love the classic look of it. The wobble does bug me sometimes but I like it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if this is a fact but I found a thread on HKpro that stated HK makes the end plate or the part that actually goes in the receiver for the HK stamped PDW stock, so it fits snugly. It sounds highly unlikely but may be plausible. I've never heard that before. Like you, I have heard Choate makes them for HK. $300 for something that wobbles but has HK stamped on it doesn't appeal to me but I love the lines and look of it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My Choate stock doesn't have any wobble. Lucky I guess? The B&T is a superior stock in every way except for folded width, but I find that I keep coming back to the Choate stock just because it "feels" like an MP5K-PDW.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
B&T folder. Once you try it, it will be hard to go back to the choate.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Find a copy of the armors online, look up the correct part number from HK and order it.  Same thing with all the other parts you are thinking about swapping out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Choate stock doesn't have any wobble. Lucky I guess? The B&T is a superior stock in every way except for folded width, but I find that I keep coming back to the Choate stock just because it "feels" like an MP5K-PDW.
View Quote
That's what it comes down to. The B&T stock is better, the Choate is more retro and correct for the old school guns.

Are you building a clone of the mp5k or just want something like it but better?  

Same goes in the ar world. If you are building a correct retro ar you are going to go with the old school stock(or an a1/a2). If you are building a shooter and don't care you will use whatever you want.

In my case my pending sp5k is going to be more retro looking so it is going to get the Choate stock. It also counts as my final 922r part. If it was a life and liberty gun or something I'd go with the b&t stock.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I have B&T short side folders on both my mp5 and mp5k clones. I really like them, they are great stocks, no wobble, cheek weld like a fixed stock, and very comfortable. They are kinda wide when folded though. Definitely get the short model ubless you are really big. I am 6'1" 200 pounds and the short models fit me perfect and leavery room for body armor or a coat.

James
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
 Don't want to get both.
View Quote

Don't kid yourself. It's a Form 1 SBR; you're practically married to it. You might as well accept that fact and go ahead and get all the furniture you think you'll want or need for the gun. I can pretty much guarantee you that somewhere down the road you will get bored and want to change things up a bit, even if just for a range trip or two. It's a good way to keep things interesting as the years go by. Plus, you don't want to suddenly find yourself hunting down a PDW stock ten years from now only to find that the market has changed and you either can't get one at all or have to pay a huge premium for it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I vastly prefer the B&T stocks that I have on my MP5 clones. I had one of the Choate stocks and just didn't like it very much.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the B&T side folder as pictured below. It is a sweet little rig.

Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#11]
The HK marked choate stock doesn't wobble, there's a polyurethane pad which prevents the wobble. It's a solid stock, as is everything HK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top