Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2017 2:51:59 PM EDT
I tried to resist but I could not.  I have a Zenith Z-5P which has been SBR'd that I love very much.  When the folks at SBT Tactical came out with their folding brace for the Z-43P I knew I was going to be in trouble.  When Zenith started installing it for Atlantic and Atlantic put the combo on sale, my resistance failed.  I won't reveal the sale price online in this post since Atlantic does not show it on their website, but it is significantly bellow the price shown on their web page after they provide you with your own discount coupon code.  I will say this, I originally purchased an SBT Tactical folder for my Z-5P prior to receiving my tax stamp.  The price of the Z-43P with folder is hundreds less than what I paid for that combo with the Z-5P.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/mke-z-43p-sb-classic-detail.html?Itemid=0

The Z-43P is an awesome little 5.56mm weapon patterned after the HK33/43.  Here is some video from MAC showing it in action with the brace that Zenith is installing on these guns for Atlantic.  It is NOT the same SBT Tactical brace as they make for the 9mm weapons.  It has a unique recoil buffer for the 5.56mm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzHZxuX8whc&feature=youtu.be&t=397

I'll post up pics when mine comes in.

Earl
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking shit I want that.

Why are delayed roller blow-back guns so expensive?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Because like most things German designed they are freakishly overbuilt and expensive to make.  The Germans do many things good or great.  I can't think of anything they do cheap.  The delayed roller lock design is no exception.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking shit I want that.

Why are delayed roller blow-back guns so expensive?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It is the exact same brace.  Saw the video and bought the brace from Zenith.  When it arrived, I was a little pissed, figured some idiot sent the wrong part.  Called Zenith and they confirmed it is the same brace as the current production 9mm version.  The only buffer is the little H buffer.  Mine only has to work till the end of the year when my stamps should be in.

I have fired it, and I haven't had any issues.

Jason
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm assuming the only difference would be that it doesn't have the buffer as a 33/53/93 does't use the H buffer.  My 53 and 93 just have a metal plate in the end of the stock.  Is there still an H buffer in this one like there is with the Mp5/HK94?  If so, it will work but it's gonna get chewed up.  

I SBR'd my Z5P into a mp5k clone but I don't plan to SBR this one unless I'm not happy with the brace.  Hmm, the MAC guys usually know what they are talking about.  If they said it was different I expected it to be too.

Earl

Quoted:
It is the exact same brace.  Saw the video and bought the brace from Zenith.  When it arrived, I was a little pissed, figured some idiot sent the wrong part.  Called Zenith and they confirmed it is the same brace as the current production 9mm version.  The only buffer is the little H buffer.  Mine only has to work till the end of the year when my stamps should be in.

I have fired it, and I haven't had any issues.

Jason
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The Z43P needs a mechanical buffer in the stock / end plate as it uses an unbuffered carrier. When you are shouldering a stock, it will chew up a rubber H buffer as the difference is the extra resistance the action encounters. If you don't shoulder it and shoot it freehand like a huge awkward pistol (according to Zenith) the rubber H buffer works just fine.

I've never seen one of the folding braces... is there a space in it to install a mechanical buffer or are they just plastic stocks with a hole to plug in a buttplug H buffer like the plastic MP5 stocks?

OP's 53 most likely has a buffered carrier, which is the "old" HK design for these 5.56 guns. Midpoint in their life HK changed from a buffered carrier to an unbuffered carrier and put the buffer in the stock. The Turks use the newer, unbuffered carrier design.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
It only has the H buffer.  A mechanical buffer would have been nice, and what I was expecting, but its not there.

I **think** the original brace for the 9mm did not have the H buffer, but I'm not sure.  I know Tim personally, and he is a honest guy.  I felt kind of dupped when I got mine, but it does work.

Jason
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
A mechanical buffer would require a metal endplate like the later style 33/93 stocks have, otherwise you'd be screw fastening a metal mechanical buffer that is under a ton of pressure into a plastic plate... the plastic in the plate would fail pretty quickly I'd imagine. Do these arm braces have an all metal endplate? Again, I've never seen one in person.

BUT if you shoot the arm brace like pistol (and not like a stock) it wouldn't differ that much from the cheap metal MP5 endcap with H buffer Zenith shipped these guns with originally. The rub is when you shoulder it and your body adds that extra resistance to the action that would contribute to the unbuffered carrier chewing up the H buffer.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I'll find out because with the ATF clarification that folding brace is gonna get shouldered :)  If it doesn't work I'll contact Zenith and Atlantic too.

Yes JS my 53 was (I recently sold it) a V53 from Vector made with I think Malasian surplus 53 Kits and had a buffered carrier like my HK93.

Earl
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
If the SBT folder doesn't have a mechanical buffer and doesn't work out there'll be another option short of an SBR next year.

I communicated with Paul Reavis the owner of Gear Head Works and he indicates that they are working the kinks out of their Gear Head Works Tailhook brace for the Z43-P that was shown at the shot show this year (video bellow).  Unfortunately he doesn't expect an announcement on it until next year.  I really like the looks of this one as it looks much like a standard A3 collapsible stock that I have on most of my other delayed roller lock guns.

Gear Head Works Z43-P Brace at 2017 Shotshow

Earl
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice! I have been waiting for one like the sig mpx style to fit my hks! finally.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Looking forward to Tuesday that's when mine should arrive at the FFL.  Earl

Quoted:
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top