Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2017 12:56:17 AM EDT
Took my hkparts stock adapter off today and installed the Sb tactical brace which turned the pof mp5 into a single shot. The pistol would not only jam but the entire carrier assembly would get stuck in the rear leaving the charging handle hanging out on its own, and the brace had to be taken off to fix the problem.

Does anyone has a pointer at what the problem may be? The Hk parts end cap and original end cap both works flawless, I do see that the sb tacticsl brace has a metal screw in the middle of the buffer unlike my other 2 caps, could that be part of the Problem?

Thx in advance , i am very ignorant when it comes to roller delayed blowback firearms.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
How tight was it going on?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Very . And had to hammer the rear pin in
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
How thick is the buffer compared to the stock buffer in the end cap? I had the same problem with their original brace for the Zenith P style. The buffer was thinner which in turn magled the recoil spring teflon washers. I replaced with a thicker buffer and problem was solved. I would be really surprised if SB is still using a thinner profile buffer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a thought - but could the brace be squeezing the receiver enough (since you had to hammer on it to get it to fit) to pinch the carrier during its rearward travel?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Thet is a possibility as the entire carrier would be stuck to the rear of the receiver. The buffer looks to be the same thickness except for the metal ring in the middle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top