Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2017 11:25:07 PM EDT
Hello, this is a bit of an oddball question.  I'm looking at replacement sight options for the Beretta ARX100 rifle, which has a high rail which AR backup sights don't suit well.  I'm aware of Troy micro backups being a good replacement.
However, I'm  checking out HK-416 type sights as another option and just leaving them attached.  It seems there are few options to find them.  RTG has knockoffs of unknown quality.  HKnet has the real deal for big money.  Midwest has a somewhat better deal on a german front sight, but still expensive.  And Brownells has a better price on a rear sight but is out of stock.
I don't need "authenticity" for a correct build per se, so I really don't want to pay $400 for a set.  Are there any other options out there for picking up a set? Is RTG's knockoff set GTG or just airsoft level?   Is this just a dumb idea in general?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
RTG in general doesn't sell crap. I'd just grab those.

They're backup sights.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got rtg sights being dropped off by usps tomorrow if the tracking number is correct.  wanted 416 mp5 style sights for an sbr build I'm doing.  what would you like to know about them?  i can give you a review tomorrow.  theyre definitely not airsoft quality, and at less than half the price of the real deal, I was cool with these.  can't wait to gt them tomorrow and mounted up.  then range time!
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd suggest CZ's low profile Bren/Evo irons for the ARX100. They look like they were made for the rifle, and, more importantly, are directly in line with the ARX's low cheek weld.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 1:27:14 AM EDT
[#4]
They look good, but $150 strikes me as kind of steep for fixed sights.  You can get Troy folding  micros for that.  Unless I can find CZ sights cheaper I think I'll go with RTG HK sights.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a set of the RTG sights, got them when they were selling at around $50...

They sit too low on an AR and don't co-witness with a normal AR height red dot at all, but on something with a high rail they would probably be great. It's a shame they sit too low because I really like HK-type sights...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a set of the RTG sights, got them when they were selling at around $50...

They sit too low on an AR and don't co-witness with a normal AR height red dot at all, but on something with a high rail they would probably be great. It's a shame they sit too low because I really like HK-type sights...
View Quote
Mine co-witness with my Aimpoint...  I do have my Aimpoint on a low mount mount though.  I never cared for high sights on my guns.  I just got the RGT sights last week so I don't have a lot of time with them, but they do seem to be quite robust.  All metal construction.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They look good, but $150 strikes me as kind of steep for fixed sights.  You can get Troy folding  micros for that.  Unless I can find CZ sights cheaper I think I'll go with RTG HK sights.
View Quote
They're (CZ fixed low profile sights) for sale on the EE all the time. I sold a pair last year for $85.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top