Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:05:31 PM EDT
How is the cheekweld on the fixed brace versus the one with the folding mechanism for using the factory iron sights.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
My opinion, the fixed brace makes it very very hard to use irons.  That said, even the folding brace seems like you need to bear hug the gun.  Note that I am an AR guy and like lower 1/3 co-witness, so I do like more of a heads up position when I shoot.

There is middle ground with something like the KAK adapter and an AR buffer tube.  It was better than a fixed SB Tac stock but not as good as the folding SB Tac.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a hard time getting a good sight picture using the fixed brace, its just a tad high when trying to cheek weld. 

The folding brace is at a little better height and easier to get a good sight picture. Folding brace is much superior IMO. 

If you decide you want the fixed brace for a K model, PM me, I'll let go of mine for a decent price. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Agree with the other opinions stated above.

I also had to do some judicious Dremeling in order to get my fixed brace to slide over the receiver while the folding brace went on just fine.

One plus for the fixed brace is that it is very solid. The folding brace feels a little more fragile, especially in the area between the rubber brace and the hinge area (where the logo is).
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Fixed SB Tactical brace SUCKS for any variation of a sight picture, you won't be able to utilize the iron sights.

Opt for the folding version instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top