Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 9:13:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can now go to the range with your Roller lock family & enjoy the benefits of the SD design but not need a specialized SD Dedicated suppressor.
View Quote

Well...not really. The benefit of the SD is that is slows ammo down to subsonic velocity. You had "look" right, possibly feel - though I doubt the recoil characteristics are the same as an SD - but it does not enjoy the benefits of the SD design.

This idiot would love it though:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/332610-so-i-bought-omega-mp5sd-atlantic-firearms.html

It's a bastardization of an SD in my opinion...but it's a cool gun.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well...not really. The benefit of the SD is that is slows ammo down to subsonic velocity. You had "look" right, possibly feel - though I doubt the recoil characteristics are the same as an SD - but it does not enjoy the benefits of the SD design.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/332610-so-i-bought-omega-mp5sd-atlantic-firearms.html

View Quote
He's the first one I thought of.

But... wait! If his favorite can is a 5.56 and it says he can add his favorite suppressor, it better work, right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Double
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But... wait! If his favorite can is a 5.56 and it says he can add his favorite suppressor, it better work, right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And it would be Atlantic's fault in his mind.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the max diameter that can fit under the handguard?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I got excited the normal ones were back in stock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]
One question - The video looked like there was a fair amount of gas in the face - Was that just me or is that the case?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, but having an adapter that extends down over the barrel and acts as a blast chamber for standard suppressors is a pretty good idea though. Would probably get a lot more people in the SD game if they could use the pistol can they already have.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#10]
This is a really neat offering, especially if you want an SD, already have a 9mm can, and don't want to get into another can that can only work on one gun (like a real MP5SD suppressor).
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I am a bit confused. There is the SD offering with the ported barrel and screw on only option, then there is the SD K style. The front end is full length and the rear is single pin. As i can see, the only difference is the non ported barrel with a screw on and tri lig tipped barrel. What makes it a K Style?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am a bit confused. There is the SD offering with the ported barrel and screw on only option, then there is the SD K style. The front end is full length and the rear is single pin. As i can see, the only difference is the non ported barrel with a screw on and tri lig tipped barrel. What makes it a K Style?
View Quote
The barrel is K length.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
It has the recessed three-lug/threaded barrel of the K under a shroud.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the clarification guys.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I really wish this had been out when i was looking to buy an MP5 clone, instead i ended up with a fullsize pistol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Both are mine.
Top one has a K barrel and Trident 3 lug suppressor (custom build) on an SW receiver
Bottom one is a barreled SD receiver from SW- has a ported barrel and post sample HK suppressor.
I like both but prefer the Trident and subsonic ammo.

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey guys, I may have a review of this Omega MP5-SDK upper soon I am going to be placing an order for one very shortly. @ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

Sold my Omega OM-9FS pistol to fund it :)

EDIT: ORDERED!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#18]
It would have been better without the goofy shroud to go over a can.

If anything a trilug fake can to get past the SD handguard for non-suppressed use would have been better
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would have been better without the goofy shroud to go over a can.

If anything a trilug fake can to get past the SD handguard for non-suppressed use would have been better
View Quote
You can use it without the shroud, just some cans are going to look better hidden due to diameter of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I placed my order for it on thursday of last week 6/15/17 and it will arrive Monday, 6/19/17. I ordered this after selling my OM-9 pistol I had before.

As to my experiences with the OM-9FS pistol, I did have some teething issues, a couple jams starting out which i narrowed down to the locking piece which appeared to have two lines on each side that looked like forging marks, After contacting Atlantic firearms they immediatly got me in touch with Omega, we talked on the phone for about an hour. We determined it was the locking piece over the phone, sent the bolt carrier back to him, and he replaced the locking piece and extractor, sent me a few extractor springs extra, and test fired the carrier in a full auto and semi auto gun and returned it to me. After receiving the bolt carrier i had ZERO malfunctions afterwards. So i was very happy with the level of customer service provided to where I am not afraid to purchase this gun because an MP5SD has always been my Grail gun, However, I also have a Form 1 can that i wanted to had a home on one of my 9mm guns, and this works out great for that role.

I will provide pictures and a review on the receiver when i get it, however I also ordered a semi trigger pack from robert RTG, and have to finish clipping a lower i have so i will have a little bit of work to do before i can have a functioning firearm.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Anxious for your review as I am eying this.  Probably would have purchased but in the video it sure seemed like a lot of gas in the face so hopefully you relay  your experience on that in the future.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#22]
The main reason I prefer my 3 lug can to my SD can is because of the gas blowback.  I live in a windy place so it evacuates quickly but even then it's really bad.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anxious for your review as I am eying this.  Probably would have purchased but in the video it sure seemed like a lot of gas in the face so hopefully you relay  your experience on that in the future.

Thanks
View Quote
I never noticed a bunch of gas in my face with my OM-9FS when i was using my can on it, however a form 1 can is a larger can than some on rhe market commercially, which is one thing that contributes to gas in the gun, versus in the can. Ive noticed that the MP5 and magazine would be filled with gas when done shooting but dont remember much in my face, ill cover it in my review though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I never noticed a bunch of gas in my face with my OM-9FS when i was using my can on it, however a form 1 can is a larger can than some on rhe market commercially, which is one thing that contributes to gas in the gun, versus in the can. Ive noticed that the MP5 and magazine would be filled with gas when done shooting but dont remember much in my face, ill cover it in my review though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
With my SD and K-PDW, I never get gas in my face. It'll come out of every single part of the gun except the rear of the receiver. Ejection port, magwell, bottom of the magazine, trunnion, and the end of the silencer will all be smoking at the end of a mag.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

With my SD and K-PDW, I never get gas in my face. It'll come out of every single part of the gun except the rear of the receiver. Ejection port, magwell, bottom of the magazine, trunnion, and the end of the silencer will all be smoking at the end of a mag.
View Quote
Isnt it cool? :D
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Very cool.  I'd love to see one with the omega9k.  I know it loses the classic SD look but I like it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Received it today, Kinda having some Deja-Vu back to my OM-9FS. Already in contact with wade.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#28]
This is pretty cool. I've always been a SD fan but was always hesitant to throw down for a one trick pony. I know this is only a SD in aesthetics but it's still pretty damn neat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok, So to start off, heres a pic of the MP5SD-K complete with a lower that I clipped myself, but have yet to pin, and am still waiting on a trigger pack from RTG Parts.

These are actually marked OM-9D as the model and the serial number are both stamped ontop of the receiver, very nicely done, not stamped too hard and uniform.
The welds on the receiver holding the sights on are very well done, The finish is uniform without any visible runs in the paint, I believe these are parkerized and than painted.

The rear sights, now, due to how the rear sights are held onto the gun, welded and perched ontop of a curved receiver sometimes they can be canted slightly, My OM-9FS pistol I had suffered from this, however much like an AK, if they can be sighted in, the gun is in spec. This one is much better in that department with them being straight on.

About the can and how it sits under the handguards, I would have liked them to use a slightly shorter barrel inside the handguards, Maybe a threaded K length instead of what seems to be a K-PDW. My can is a 7.5" Form 1 can I would have liked to see sitting much further back into the handguard as you can see here it sits about 1-2 inches below the end of the handguard.

Here is a shot of the gun without its handguard, so that you can see the SD cage. You can see the threaded tube inside, which seems to have the purpose of supporting the cocking handle inside its tube where the can would have on a normal SD, as well as has the threads for the fake suppressor to screw onto. A modification that would add a little ore time in making these, but would be a nice addition to cut a bit of the weight it to have slots milled though them that match the SD cage slots. This would cut down a bit on the weight under the handguard.

Now the Bad.

I say this without having shot the gun yet, as I have no trigger pack yet. But when I removed the locking piece it has the same tool marks in it that my original OM-9FS had and the bolt had to be sent back to Omega for check and replacement of locking piece/headspace check. I have already contacted Omega as I had their phone number from dealing with them on my OM-9 and they are sending me a locking piece.

So, to conclude this mini review and thoughts on the gun.

This is a great way to have a silencer host with the looks of the SD, without the Price tag of having to buy the receiver, and than a special SD can. I love that I can use it as a permanent home for my Form 1 can and it looks great with it as well. I am eager to shoot this gun and try out the accuracy and function of it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Annnd it doesnt work, tried putting a trigger pack from rtg parts in it and the bolt wont retract, seems the ejector is hitting, after they took three days to ship a two day shipping package, I just want to shoot the fucking gun :( Im really pissed.

Talked to omega, see further down.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Annnd it doesnt work, tried putting a trigger pack from rtg parts in it and the bolt wont retract, seems the ejector is hitting, after they took three days to ship a two day shipping package, I just want to shoot the fucking gun :( Im really pissed.
View Quote
I want to like Omega, I really do.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I want to like Omega, I really do.
View Quote
Well this might help, I just got off the phone with wade, after hours, he is sending me an omega lower, so that i can try swapping parts out, at no extra cost unless i decide to buy it from him. I would say the company has amazing customer service.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Dupe. I feel better now that Wade is taking care of me and helping me get a running gun without having to ship it back to him immediately but that i still an option if the parts dont work however they should as they test fire these guns so they wouldnt leave the shop without knowing they work. I just have bad luck and inexperience with the HK platform.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dupe. I feel better now that Wade is taking care of me and helping me get a running gun without having to ship it back to him immediately but that i still an option if the parts dont work however they should as they test fire these guns so they wouldnt leave the shop without knowing they work. I just have bad luck and inexperience with the HK platform.
View Quote
I would have bought a complete S/A group from HK Parts or something (which I did with my Omega SD) to verify that it's the gun and not the combination of parts I put in my pack. It sounds like Omega has the same idea. I dropped the HK Parts S/A German/US pack into my SD which worked flawlessly on dry firing and TPM ran a few rounds through it in their shop to confirm function with live ammo.

I managed to screw up my Z5-RS's  pack when I swapped parts out such that the bolt got stuck when firing; it ends up I warped the trigger box causing the ejector to bind. Fixed it with a hammer and a block of wood and ran several flawless mags through it to confirm.

I'm guessing that you have more experience with the HK platform than I do but it would seem reasonable to me to wait on known working parts before blaming the barreled upper. Omega's had some issues such as a small batch of SDs with off-axis barrels/cages, canted sights (which also plagues POF and MKE), etc, but in this case the cause of the malfunctions could very well be the combination of the RTG trigger pack and your lower.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, i did order a complete SA pack from Robert RTG but as i said above Omga is sending me one of their trigger packs to diagnose my issues with, So i look forward to shooting it.

I'm guessing that you have more experience with the HK platform than I do but it would seem reasonable to me to wait on known working parts before blaming the barreled upper. Omega's had some issues such as a small batch of SDs with off-axis barrels/cages, canted sights (which also plagues POF and MKE), etc, but in this case the cause of the malfunctions could very well be the combination of the RTG trigger pack and your lower.
View Quote
Actually, I am not blaming the upper at all, I LOVE the upper, I fully believe its the trigger pack from RTG parts causing issues. As the upper was fired before leaving the factory.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well, i did order a complete SA pack from Robert RTG but as i said above Omga is sending me one of their trigger packs to diagnose my issues with, So i look forward to shooting it.

Actually, I am not blaming the upper at all, I LOVE the upper, I fully believe its the trigger pack from RTG parts causing issues. As the upper was fired before leaving the factory.
View Quote
Well you combined the RTG pack with a housing you clipped yourself. I would have just bought the entire unit as one piece, between the two separate bits there could be some tolerance issues.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well you combined the RTG pack with a housing you clipped yourself. I would have just bought the entire unit as one piece, between the two separate bits there could be some tolerance issues.
View Quote
Yep, realizing that now, Oh well, In the end i'll have a functional gun.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, realizing that now, Oh well, In the end i'll have a functional gun.
View Quote
Yeah it seems like Wade's customer service commitment is way better than that of his brother.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah it seems like Wade's customer service commitment is way better than that of his brother.
View Quote
It really is, I'm amazed at his level of CS, Even taking a call after hours and volunteering to mail me parts to diagnose my issue, while leaving the option of sending the gun back to him for diagnoses and repair if needed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top