BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2017 7:22:43 AM EDT
Any feedback? Anyone have one?

How's the accuracy?

How's the trigger?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a PTR 32P PDW pistol in two weeks ago.  (Was on the waiting list like 9 months or so)

I welded up the bolt carrier, installed a sear pack onto it, pulled a fixed stock off one of my G3s and installed it onto the proprietary rear buffer assembly, and took it to the range last Friday.  I put about 300rd through it using Wolf black box 7.62x39 and had one FTF.  Primer was crushed but round didnt go off.  Second try set it off though.  The HK hammer spring in that sear back has untold number of rounds on it, so I may refresh the hammer spring in that particular pack.

Only other issue is not all AK mags will fit.  Out of the dozen steel AK mags I tried to stuff into it before heading to the range, maybe 2 or 3 fit and they were still tight.  The magpul mag that came with it fit without issue.   I am just going to put half a dozen mags in the mill and take the sides down a couple thousandths and mark them for this gun.  To be fair PTR was upfront that not all AK mags will fit.

Thing throws a nice fireball and ROF is really smooth.  I would guess in the 700rpm range.  Its going to make a great/cheap blaster.

I tossed a SBR F1 in the mail last week so it can live with a stock sans sear if that is any vote of confidence.   Once the F1 comes back I will cut the proprietary recoil rod assembly out of the rear buffer assembly and weld the proprietary collapsing recoil rod into a collapsing G3 stock.

I have not shot it with the factory trigger but the semi auto pack appears to be identical to the other PTR semi pack I have.  Trigger appears to be similar to just about any other standard HK roller locked pack I have handled.

Not sure about accuracy as I was shooting it at a indoor range, at a paper target maybe 25 yards away on full auto.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Happy with my PTR32-PDW. I run the Magpul 30rd mags in mine, that way I am not trying to sort through 4+ dozen AK mags and see which ones fit this gun. Stock trigger from PTR is not bad.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Did the prices on these things go up from PTR?  I seem to remember them being like under $1000 in the past, like $950 or something.  They're like $1150 now
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I like
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I just handled one at a gun show and other then the trigger and the mag release, it seemed very nice!

I have a .30 cal can and I've been wondering what they would be liked suppressed... Can anyone tell me if they get a lot of gas in the face? It seems like a very sealed weapon.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
One of my favorite rifles.  Cheap to shoot  Reliable.  My favorite mag is the 20 rd tapco.  I think I paid $8 each for them new.  I run a sear in it and it just goes "chug chug chug".  Very controllable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I have both the ptr91 and 32.
I love the 32, it's fun and cheap to shoot. Put about 450 rounds through mine first weekend I had it. No FTF or fte using wolf steel. I only used pmags with it since they're only 10 bucks or so each.

Word of warning, it's a heavy fucker, esp loaded. Not unmanageable, but significantly heavier than a loaded ar
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both the ptr91 and 32.
I love the 32, it's fun and cheap to shoot. Put about 450 rounds through mine first weekend I had it. No FTF or fte using wolf steel. I only used pmags with it since they're only 10 bucks or so each.

Word of warning, it's a heavy fucker, esp loaded. Not unmanageable, but significantly heavier than a loaded ar
View Quote
Thats all HK roller guns though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a chance to buy a PTR 32 for little under 900.  I kind of like the PTR 32p/k.  Can you cut the barrel back on the full 16" version?
If so does the barrel have to come out?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Mechanically, pretty much no.  

Legally, you'd be creating an SBR, or a Pistol from a rifle so that's a no go.  

Far better to just buy one set up the way you want.  Working on these guns takes far more talent than AR's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#12]
No complaints from my PTR-32 gen 2 carbine. Doesn't like surplus Yugo M67 but I'm not the first person to say that. All steel case & commercial brass runs fine.

Very accurate as well, may be the delayed recoil or the weight of the rifle has something to do with that but shooting from a bench out to 100 yards runs better than any of my AKs or VZ and as good as my best 7.62x39 AR.

Most of my Romanian surplus mags run OK but my Hungarians don't run 100%. Tapcos & Magpuls never fail, as does my Promag drum. Korean mags are the worst.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
How’s the recoil? Recently paid for a HK sear and am pondering sear hosts now. The 9mm MP5 stuff are obvious choices but I’m also considering a PTR91... but this is also eye catching if it’s more controllable and cheaper to shoot. Wonder if it handles like a full auto AK...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How’s the recoil? Recently paid for a HK sear and am pondering sear hosts now. The 9mm MP5 stuff are obvious choices but I’m also considering a PTR91... but this is also eye catching if it’s more controllable and cheaper to shoot. Wonder if it handles like a full auto AK...
View Quote
Dont have full auto, but I put one of these heavy buffers in my PTR-32 PDW, and PTR "G3K" and I would say the recoil is fine. The fact that my PTR32 likes cheap Wolf, Tula, Bear ammo is a plus.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Which PTR32 do you prefer then?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How’s the recoil?...Wonder if it handles like a full auto AK...
View Quote
basically none-its heavy

its nothing like a AK

Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

basically none-its heavy

its nothing like a AK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q--7wERIy2U
View Quote

Agreed.  There is almost negligible recoil on my PTR52 PDW with my sear and stock installed.

I have a full auto AK as well and they are night and day differences in terms of controllability on full auto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top