Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 6:23:19 PM EDT
Have some parts and had a few questions on them. All are HK91 G3 parts. Thanks for any help
1st is an all FDE or sand colored parts kit. I've had it for some time now. It is worn and does not look aftermarket. Are they rare? Value?

Attachment Attached File

I have a couple a sets of wood furniture. Is there some reason these seem to be selling for $150+ a set?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Last I have 2 lowers I believe are original HK91 Safe/Semi lowers. Any idea on value? Thanks

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, the tan set is Saudi Arabian?   Yes, rare but not super expensive.
There is no reason wood sets should sell for $150.  
The lowers are MP5.   The one on the right looks strange though.   There seems to be no middle or "E" position for an SEF lower.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Several years ago I bought about 20 of those stock sets for about $20/set.  Sat on them and when I saw they were hot I sold all I had to sell and got in the neighborhood of $150.  Crazy at that price but a wood G3 is sweet.  Just supply and demand.

The SF lower seems like it was an SEF and someone converted a bunch of them.  I think it was Century and RTG has them on their website.  I have seen one or two of these and they had a good amount of vertical play when installed on a couple SW lowers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 10:16:29 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The wood parts dried up about two years ago, which is why they're suddenly very expensive.

The lowers someone else covered as well as the tan furniture.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have that same tan set of furniture, bought the parts kit years ago and built it up on a JLD / PTR receiver.  I always thought the tan stuff was ugly, that's why its been stuffed in a box in the basement.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#6]
The wooden buttstocks are still out there and relatively cheap @ < $50 for a complete assembly.

However, the wooden handguards have all but dried up and raise the price for a set to ridiculous levels.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Most if not all of the buttstocks under $50 are CETME and NOT G3 stocks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I am familiar with CETME stocks and I was Not referring to those,

HK parts still has G3 wooden stocks listed for $59, they were $39 forever. You can find them around for less than $50 if you look.

Point was, that the lack of handguards have driven the price of the sets up if you can find them. PTR bought up remaining inventories over a year ago for their classic line.

Wpns Man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top