Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 9:02:09 AM EDT
I had a problem when I filed my form 1 for my MPX. I took the make and model right off the box but they didn't recognize it that way. So what I need to know is what is on your 5320.1 for a make and model?
This is the 5.5" barrel version that Atlantic calls OM9-K. Thanks in advance. 
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had a problem when I filed my form 1 for my MPX. I took the make and model right off the box but they didn't recognize it that way. So what I need to know is what is on your 5320.1 for a make and model?
This is the 5.5" barrel version that Atlantic calls OM9-K. Thanks in advance. 
View Quote

What didn't recognize it that way? Did they send you a letter?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What didn't recognize it that way? Did they send you a letter?
View Quote
I can't remember specifically, but it was something in the make or model. This was an efile and I rec'd an email telling me it was disapproved, so I called the person handling it and they told me what to do. I intermediately refiled and it was approved that day. A few guys on Sigforum had the same problem. I can't find the original thread. I just don't want to get into a situation where I'm sending mail back and forth. If someone here with the same gun was approved I'll just use the info they used with my serial number.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I just got a call from Atlantic, great service. The official make is OMEGA and the model is OM9-K in case anyone else will be filing a form 1.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got a call from Atlantic, great service. The official make is OMEGA and the model is OM9-K in case anyone else will be filing a form 1.
View Quote
Interesting. Back when I did my Omega using eForms, ATF told me it was "Top Notch Accessories DBA Omega". I suppose you can always email them to confirm:

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Interesting. Back when I did my Omega using eForms, ATF told me it was "Top Notch Accessories DBA Omega". I suppose you can always email them to confirm:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/IMG_1229_zpsdmbla3kf.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/IMG_1229_zpsdmbla3kf.jpg
Well that's interesting.

Top Notch was one of Todd/Wendy's companies...

ETA: Apparently conflicting information on the internet (imagine that). Top Notch appears to be Wade, not Todd.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TopNotch has always been Owned and operated by Wade and he also Builds the current Omega line .He formed Top Notch in 2001.
View Quote
Should I have put TopNotch on my form? You said just Omega.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
You wouldn't put Freedom Group if you were SBRing a Remington, would you?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you read engineer's post?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, I did.

That drop down was full of stuff that wasn't accurate or that was redundant. If the company is doing business as Omega and the gun is stamped Omega, you can put Omega. Atlantic is the primary distributor for these things, I think they know what's up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll just add that what applied to me back in May of 2016 may not apply now.

eForms was much less forgiving about errors and with the upcoming 41F deadline, I wanted to make sure that I sang whatever tune the ATF wanted me to sing in order not to get disapproved.

If you want to confirm what Atlantic is telling you, feel free to email Gary Schaible.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll just add that what applied to me back in May of 2016 may not apply now.

eForms was much less forgiving about errors and with the upcoming 41F deadline, I wanted to make sure that I sang whatever tune the ATF wanted me to sing in order not to get disapproved.

If you want to confirm what Atlantic is telling you, feel free to email Gary Schaible.
View Quote
In the end the manufacturer has to stamp their name on the gun.

The name on the gun is Omega.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In the end the manufacturer has to stamp their name on the gun.

The name on the gun is Omega.
View Quote

Then can you explain why ATF directed me to use (and approve) a DBA manufacturer vs just creating the model in one of the Omega manufacturer entries and having it go pending research?

Other than the ATF being fickle and illogical most times. :)
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Then can you explain why ATF directed me to use (and approve) a DBA manufacturer vs just creating the model in one of the Omega manufacturer entries and having it go pending research?

Other than the ATF being fickle and illogical most times. :)
View Quote
I'm assuming because they already had it in there so why create more entries...
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes, I did.

That drop down was full of stuff that wasn't accurate or that was redundant. If the company is doing business as Omega and the gun is stamped Omega, you can put Omega. Atlantic is the primary distributor for these things, I think they know what's up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I did.

Yes you would think so. My first form 1 was for a Sig MPX pistol. When I submitted it I used the model number that I took off the Sig box where it said "model". It was rejected and I was told to use "Sig MPX". This was an E-file which only took 120 days. I will probably wait 12 months and don't want to be rejected for some stupid mistake which I have no control over. You have made your point. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top