Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 8:41:30 PM EDT
So my local pawn shop has a rack of beaters and trade ins usually with fair prices that I like to stop by and look over every once in a while. Last week I stumbled on a C93 in the rack with a "out the door" price of $350 on it.  I gave it look and decided to pick it up, knowing it probably had issues but it looked pretty clean other then the receiver welds. Got it home and found it had a 9mm ejector in the trigger pack, so it was a single shot gun. Bolt gap was .007 so I ordered a set of plus 4 rollers and the proper ejector from RTG. While waiting on parts I decided to rattle can the furniture.   Took it out over the weekend and ran 60 rounds through it without any problems.  It looks to be a early production gun,  serial number is 000025.  My question is what kind of problems will the trunnion welds cause? I remember reading about this being a big issue but not sure if it's worth worrying about on sub $400 gun.  Did I get a good deal or make a bad buy?  Would it be worth trying to have them fixed?

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds and looks GTG
Enjoy your new truck gun if you live in a "Free State".
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit, nice find!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
nice find! I sure don't know how you guys find these deals. It seems like every pawn shop I go to in my area, charges full retail or more for used guns.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn good find. I have one, runs great and it's pretty reliable. I have the same receiver. I guess it's a spec weapons parkerized receiver. Supposedly the SW receivers were the best build quality. My serial number is in the high 500's. Lower SN were said to be the best.My furniture had major signs of wear but seeing as they are Malaysian parts kits I knew they were going to.

Check out the HKpro forums for additional information, send it in to ghilliebear from HKpro if it needs work. He will get the thing running like a top.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice find! I sure don't know how you guys find these deals. It seems like every pawn shop I go to in my area, charges full retail or more for used guns.
View Quote
usually same here. They KNOW what they got and KNOW what they can get for it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I am guessing with the out the door as is price they knew something was wrong but they didn't know what, like I said it had a 9MM ejector so it was basically a jam-o-matic, $40 fix though.  The guy behind the counter also said " yeah you can by dirt cheap surplus mags for these old battle rifles"  lol I just smiled and handed over my cash.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I must be going to different pawn shops in NC than you. Nice find
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I just unloaded mine for more than I paid...and that was $550 and it is was nowhere close to as nice as your find.

Kudos.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Great find. Congrats on the nice score.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just unloaded mine for more than I paid...and that was $550 and it is was nowhere close to as nice as your find.

Kudos.
View Quote
I just bought your old gun!  

Paid $550 for one on consignment; it had been in the store for a long time & was originally $700, then $630, then they took my offer.  

Will have to check the ser.# later.

What are you guys buying as far as extra magazines?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Believe it or not, the Promag plastic mags work well in these guns, although you might have to deepen the mag catch slot a bit to get them to lock in.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Believe it or not, the Promag plastic mags work well in these guns, although you might have to deepen the mag catch slot a bit to get them to lock in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I'm surprised to hear that, but I will certainly give them a try!  

I've been looking for magazines.   I'd like to have a few more than the one may which came with the gun.

The only originals I found were steel ones priced at close to $100 each! (crazy).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top