Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2017 4:31:42 PM EDT
Looking at ptrs I noticed one has black powder coat and the GI model has parkerising. How we're original HKs done?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My factory MP5 looks like a hard, black semi-gloss enamel. Guess it might be powder-coat.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
HKs were parkerized then electro statically painted.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on what you mean by "original" HKs. My 1966 vintage HK 41 is parkerised in a grey colour. Thru the years, factory non military HKs were jet black, blue grey, then Nato black....Most of the military ones Ive seen (German) were the same grey as my HK41.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The G3's issued to the German Army were parkerized.  HK9X's were paint over park.  I imagine HK did the paint over park because it looked better for the civilian market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top