Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2017 10:21:09 PM EDT
Shooting today and I am starting to have some FTE on full auto

Besides changing out my extractor spring, I have noticed that my bolt is sloppy and loose on my LP.  It slides easily front and rear

Could this be an issue, and if so what corrective action do i need to make?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Failure to extract?
Failure to eject?

It's normal for the bolt to move forwards and backwards on the LP with the BCG in your hands. Is that what you mean?

When assembled in the firearm, with the bolt closed, there should be some bolt gap. Do you know how to check that?

Who made your MP5?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Could this be an issue, and if so what corrective action do i need to make?
Thanks
View Quote

FP spring replace

it might not have enough pressure to hold rollers in place
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The firing pin spring does not hold the rollers in place. It only puts pressure on the firing pin.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it an American made bolt? I had a Coharie clone in which the bolt face was out of spec, too large to properly hold a 9mm case firmly. Replaced with a real HK bolt and it made my gun reliable. But yeah also Mp5's extractor springs kind of suck, so it could just be the spring as well. Or maybe even the extractor itself. I wouldn't worry about the loose locking piece, they all kind of feel loose to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Extractor springs go bad over time. Id start there.

Next thing Id check is bolt gap as mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top