Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 12:10:19 PM EDT
Been looking at different HK conversion and ran across these guys. Anyone have at experience with TSC for HK conversion work?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand he's one of the best, but only works on HK receivers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I understand he's one of the best, but only works on HK receivers.
View Quote

This. Mike is one of the best in the business but he only works on real hk guns, not clones. It is a two man shop(and his wife who handles paperwork) so they can have a few month backlog but the work is top notch. I got my sp5k back from him a while back and he did a great job. He has also done some other work for me including a barrel chopt and rethread on a sig mpx as well as a refinish of it.

What are you looking to have done?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Sp5k and a 94 that I want to convert to Mp5k and mp5 N. I have new B&T barrels for both and I'm just researching who to go to.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have an Sp5k and a 94 that I want to convert to Mp5k and mp5 N. I have new B&T barrels for both and I'm just researching who to go to.
View Quote

If you don't care about the markings he can swap the barrel and install the paddle mag release on the sp5k without refinishing. If you want it engraved mp5k it will need to be refinished. He installed the b&t barrel in my sp5k.

For the HK 94 you may just want him to convert the stock barrel(cut it down to mp5 specs). Some people will prefer having the actual german barrel on it if you ever go to sell it. I think with the b&t barrels this is less of an issue.

I can't speak of other HK smiths although I know there are a few other really good ones out there. Mike is considered top notch though so I wouldn't be concerned with sending him the guns to work on. Only weird thing with him is they don't take credit cards, I just bring a check when I have him work on anything of mine or pay cash.

HKpro has a picture thread of his work.

TSC Picture thread.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Give Mike a call and talk to him about what you want done, he'll take the time to talk mto you.  He's local to me and I enjoy stopping by and seeing what he is working on.  He's done a SP89 to MP5K-N, a HK93 to 33, and a HK91 to G3 for me, and he bullt the MP5K-N that my son purchased.  For and Idea of hs prices check out hisn web site, TSC Machine, his telephone number is on it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info. I contacted Mike about the work via email and he answered same day and said to give him a call and left his # number. I've contacted a couple of the other HK smiths and waited days for an answer, so I'm impressed with the ability to speak directly to him, that is a rarity these days.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I contacted Mike about the work via email and he answered same day and said to give him a call and left his # number. I've contacted a couple of the other HK smiths and waited days for an answer, so I'm impressed with the ability to speak directly to him, that is a rarity these days.
View Quote

Yea if you call generally either he will answer or his wife or they will call you back. If you look through the threads on hkpro you will see people talking about her(Tammy) saying she sent them picks of the progress on their gun or said it was ready.

Mike has engraved 4 or 5 guns for me, fixed another shops screwup on my first ar-15 sbr, upgraded my ar-10(mount a new lowprofile gas block so it will never move and install a new rail), did a bunch of work to my sig mpx(engrave, cut the barrel to 5 inches and install a 3 lug over it, as well as do an awesome paint job) and as of late he installed the 922r parts I got in my sp5k lower, rebarrel, install paddle release, and do the sbr engraving. Since he didn't have to refinish the gun I didn't have him redo the engraving to mp5k. I also brought in my fn scar 17 when I picked up the sp5k as I don't have a good way to put my barrel in a vice and he timed a suppressor mount for me. The work has been top notch every time and they have been very pleasant and professional to work with. I've been thinking of bringing him my m10 submachine gun to see if he can fix the safety and then refinish(yes I want to paint a transferable machine gun).

The only two downsides are that they don't take credit cards which isn't a big deal, I just bring him a check and since they are a small shop he can have a bit of a backlog sometimes. Still he is a sought out gunsmith so waits are expected and he has always been upfront about time. If it is going to sit for 2 or 3 months before he can get to it he will tell you. This isn't that uncommon for a lot of smiths though. I know when I had practical solutions redo my m10 machinegun a while ago Sam there said the same thing. He told me he estimated like 3 months from time of delivery.

Another thing I do respect about Mike is he is very open that your gun will come second to police guns. I've seen complaints elsewhere of missed deadlines because shops took in priority work but didn't make that clear. I've seen Mike tell multiple people that a swat team or someone sent him a bunch of guns and that the people who use them for work come first. Sucks that you get pushed back but you can't really be that upset. Him getting working guns back on the line to protect leo's is more important than you gun. That is a nice thing about being local. I've walked in before and you see a table full of mp5's or mp5sd's that are being finished up. He usually has something interesting he is working on. I think the time before last I was there he was pulling parts off demilled belt fed 308's to built clones on peoples hk91's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This isn't that uncommon for a lot of smiths though.
View Quote

Good things come to those who wait. Look at Gray Guns' current wait time- 4-5 months, then 4-6 weeks to perform the work. But with the reputation they've built, people will gladly wait and pay their prices.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
TSC is one of the best of not the best.

Mike/Tammy are awesome, he spent a day helping me unfuck a BBP. He only deals in HK but his work is amazing.

I learned a lot from him in one afternoon, and I have sent multiple guns to him, the wait is long but it will be perfect when you get it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good things come to those who wait. Look at Gray Guns' current wait time- 4-5 months, then 4-6 weeks to perform the work. But with the reputation they've built, people will gladly wait and pay their prices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not knocking it. Just a warning to establish it does take time. It is worth the wait.

Quoted:
TSC is one of the best of not the best.

Mike/Tammy are awesome, he spent a day helping me unfuck a BBP. He only deals in HK but his work is amazing.

I learned a lot from him in one afternoon, and I have sent multiple guns to him, the wait is long but it will be perfect when you get it.

He used to do work on FNC's as well. I was talking to him about them a little while ago, he recommended I buy a m16 instead due to parts(or the lack of them) for the fnc. His FNC conversions were nice though. Added a bolt hold open, put a real FNC heavy barrel on the guns, and ambi mag release if I remember right. He also opened up the magwel a bit for faster reloads.

He told me after I had mailed my m10 to practical solutions that he has rewelded a few m10's as well although that is practical solutions specialty and they converted mine to standard parts(texas gun) so I can't really complain. I know he has done some awesome refinishes on m16s too.

HK is really his bread and butter. Someone had him build a G28 clone on a MR762. No clue where they found the rail but if I remember right Mike made the gas block.

Edit: My Sig MPX mike did for me. The pictures don't really do it justice. He did my sbr engraving and was playing with the gun giving it a once over as he hadn't seen one. I was talking about what I wanted to do and he said he could cut the barrel down and we started to talk. He cut the barrel from 8 inches to 5 and put a 3 lug over it(vs on the end like the adapters). I had him put a normal on on vs the half sized with the threads exposed in front(the navy style I guess) as I had no plans on running anything but a 3 lug on it. They also refinished the gun in burnt bronze and filled some of the engraving in with black(I didn't have them do all of it, just the nicer engraving on it). I don't remember if it was his idea or Dales(his assistant) to leave the top rail black but it does look awesome with it. The gun is still wearing my octane 45 until its octane 9 gets approved(hopefully in the next few weeks).

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not knocking it. Just a warning to establish it does take time. It is worth the wait.
View Quote

Agreed. We're on the same page. Just using it as another example in the industry of someone with a reputation for quality work, that is worth the wait. I have heard nobody complain about their TSC projects. That says something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top