BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I have decided on the Zenith gun..................now the decision is K or full size RS.................what are the hive mind's recommendations?
View Quote

Just my opinion, but I would get a K - Zenith and full-size Omega.  Need both.  The good news is they use the same mags...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, I have decided on the Zenith gun..................now the decision is K or full size RS.................what are the hive mind's recommendations?
View Quote

I've wanted a full sized MP5 since I can remember, never really had the itch for the K/PDW until I saw the B&T stock on it.

I'm considering doing the K conversion on my Scorpion EVO to fill that niche but some have been reporting that it's actually too small.

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go with the K, you'll be amazed at how small and light the setup is, even with the folding brace/silencer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just my opinion, but I would get a K - Zenith and full-size Omega.  Need both.  The good news is they use the same mags...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love to have both, but it ain't in the cards for the time being...... K it is
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd love to have both, but it ain't in the cards for the time being...... K it is
View Quote

If I only was getting one it would be the little K gun.  Great choice.

ps.
I bet you get the full size within 9 months.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ps.

I'm not sure the wife would approve of that purchase......
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#7]
The K (with PDW barrel) is more versatile. The full size develops higher MV and is easier to aim (when comparing iron sights). Good call getting the K.
You'll end up with both. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, after visiting the local fun shop I was all set on getting the K version, but after fondling the full size and playing with it, I went with the full size RS version......The K is very nice but the full size one sold me...... maybe sometime in the future I will get the K
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:17:17 AM EDT
[#9]
So, you went the RS?  Good choice.  Full-size backend with a K front end.

No bad choices in any of these, but you will end up with one of each.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

You never know................I really like the K, but after holding the RS I couldn't resist...................I may very well wind up with the K somewhere down the road. Having an MP5 clone or real HK has been a desire for a very long time, and now I will have it............the MP5 was the first SMG I ever fired, and I have lusted after one ever since.................now I need a brace till I can go SBR with it
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You never know................I really like the K, but after holding the RS I couldn't resist...................I may very well wind up with the K somewhere down the road. Having an MP5 clone or real HK has been a desire for a very long time, and now I will have it............the MP5 was the first SMG I ever fired, and I have lusted after one ever since.................now I need a brace till I can go SBR with it
View Quote

Some story here, around 1996 I was taking a firearms class and the instructor was on the local PD SWAT team. One day he brought in his MP5 and let me shoot it. Back then I never thought I'd be able to buy an MP5, I wish i had known about title 2 firearms and how to buy one because they were much cheaper back then but I had no idea.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Some story here, around 1996 I was taking a firearms class and the instructor was on the local PD SWAT team. One day he brought in his MP5 and let me shoot it. Back then I never thought I'd be able to buy an MP5, I wish i had known about title 2 firearms and how to buy one because they were much cheaper back then but I had no idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fondled one that was an LEO gun as well...... then got the chance to shoot a full auto one in Vegas, and decided I had to have one........ shame I don't have 30k plus to get a class III, but this will scratch an itch...... the shop I am getting it from told me that it might take more time to get the RS, but if I run into a problem getting it they will switch to the K for me...... I win either way
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The RS has a standard MP5 front end.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree............although I waivered a bit and almost called to change the order............I chose the full size in part because I like the collapsible stock, and Gear Head is coming out with a collapsible Tail Hook brace for it..
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We are one of Zeniths largest distributors and when our customers have had a problem they have always been very good about taking care of issues quickly ! We know most of the staff and they are honest people .
View Quote
awesome !!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've posted the 3.. POF, Zenith & Omega.  I've said it before, but all 3 are LIGHT years ahead of the garbage we bought 10 years ago.  POF has a very nice entry point, but lacks some of the cosmetic touches Zenith and Omega use.  I wouldn't sell my POF, but wouldn't buy another one after handling a Zenith and Omega.  

OP the choice is yours and yours alone.  You'll be more than happy with ANY of those 3.

Enjoy.

POF RS w/ threaded barrel
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput-6b94-132918.jpg

Omega
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput-6db0-143975.jpg

Zenith
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput-6dae-143974.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful guns!
Would all 3 be equally good as full auto sear hosts? Or are some of them designed to prevent the usage of a registered sear?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top