Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/29/2017 5:36:47 PM EDT
I am looking at various 9mm pistols ( MPX, APC9 and Scorpion) and decided to give these a look as well..............is one better than the other? Both accept the SB Tactical folding brace? Any advice appreciated
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've yet to see anyone prefer POF to MKE.

Pakistan harbored Osama bin Laden.

Get the MKE.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Zenith.  Better fit, finish and most importantly better warranty and customer service
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zenith.  Better fit, finish and most importantly better warranty and customer service
View Quote

Zenith customer service is 100% and you can buy with confidence. They've taken care of my issue and exceeded my expectations.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two MKE models, a MP5K and a MP5 clone. Zenith is just the importer. Both have been extremely reliable and interchange with. HK parts most readily.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Dana, on what grounds is Zenith refusing to honor your warranty? Did you buy it through Atlantic or another retailer?

As for my own opinion I have not seen a POF gun in person to know the quality level, I have only heard about it secondhand. I own three MKE guns and all three are excellent. IMO MKE is the better deal as you get a hard case, cleaning kit, scope mount and three mags in the package.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dana, on what grounds is Zenith refusing to honor your warranty? Did you buy it through Atlantic or another retailer?

As for my own opinion I have not seen a POF gun in person to know the quality level, I have only heard about it secondhand. I own three MKE guns and all three are excellent. IMO MKE is the better deal as you get a hard case, cleaning kit, scope mount and three mags in the package.
View Quote

They have taken care of my issue 100% to my satisfaction.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That does sound a little hinkey. Have you tried getting the opinion of a good HK gunsmith and using that as leverage?

If it really is "no big deal" then it shouldn't be all that drastic of a thing for them to just swap out the gun for you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That does sound a little hinkey. Have you tried getting the opinion of a good HK gunsmith and using that as leverage?

If it really is "no big deal" then it shouldn't be all that drastic of a thing for them to just swap out the gun for you.
View Quote

I heard from the guys at Zenith this morning and they have taken care of my issue 100% to my satisfaction. Great guys.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bought it through another online retailer in December. They are saying they believe the dent in the roller channel is a non-issue and believe there is a 98% chance it won't give me trouble in the future. They want to give me an extra year on the warranty versus replacing the gun. That does me no good as I'll be putting it on a form 1 and if it goes tits up at that point I'm fucked. Can't sell it to anyone else without pointing out the defect and I don't know of anyone that would buy it like that. I didn't notice it until after I got it home.

There's a Senior Member on a Popular HK website that is saying this is a potential catastrophic issue.

"The carrier is getting hung up and the rollers are trying to engage outside the trunnion. I had this issue on a home build, the cause for me was the shell deflector was hanging too low and caused the carrier to get hung up.. It's actually bad and can cause catastrophic failure if it's not addressed."

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to think a $2,000 purchase should be free of defects like this.
View Quote

It's crap like this that made me not buy one 6 months ago but I changed my mind and have been waiting for the RS to come back in stock, now it's making me not want one again :/
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#10]
The POF I just received is pretty nice. (Latest import) I have a zenith and omega waiting to be picked up this week. I'll review them all
Side by side.. The last zenith I "fondled"was really nice... About a week ago.

OP, any of the manufactures turn out good guns and some lemons on occasion. It's how they handle the lemons is what I'm looking at.
I bought bobcat mp5 in 2007 ish. Took me 10 years and probably a grand to get it to run right.  These mp5's are all light years ahead of those turds. Lol

Good luck
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's crap like this that made me not buy one 6 months ago but I changed my mind and have been waiting for the RS to come back in stock, now it's making me not want one again :/
View Quote

Damn, you and me both. I kinda feel bad because I recommended this pistol to another member on this site.
OP, I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction. I really, really want the z5rs.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#12]
In true fashion... I've got both. I bought a POF MP5 that's now an SBR A2; shoots like a champ and is a helluva lot of fun. Running a Surefire forend and a surplus A2 stock. I also picked up a Zenith/MKE Z5P (MP5K with 3-lug/ threaded barrel) off the EE prior to the election. That one had a lower that was out of spec; Sent it to Zenith for their opinion. They sent me a brand new pistol a week later. So I definitely got that for a great deal. Planning to SBR the Z5P as well; but since eForms isn't a thing anymore the proces is just slightly more of a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get the MKE.
View Quote

I'm being serious, how can you overlook that?  Or better yet, go domestic- brethren arms.  Give your money to two vets, not terrorist harboring fucks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Update: Buy Zenith with confidence. They have resolved my issue 100% to my satisfaction and are great guys.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm being serious, how can you overlook that?  Or better yet, go domestic- brethren arms.  Give your money to two vets, not terrorist harboring fucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get the MKE.

I couldn't. I kept wavering on buying one and just couldn't get past it. I decided to buy an Octane .45 instead of getting a POF. And by the time it cleared, MKE released their guns. That made my decision easy. I plan on all my future HKs being made in the U.S. (or Germany if I get hit by a bus just enough to make me rich instead of kill me).
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for all the replies............I am still looking at multiple options, but I do have a local funstore that carries the MKE/Zenith line so I can handle one myself and check them out
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Update on the issue I was having with my Z5RS: Buy Zenith with confidence boys they called me today and addressed my concerns and have gained a customer for life. Great guys and they have exceeded my expectations.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Update on the issue I was having with my Z5RS: Buy Zenith with confidence boys they called me today and addressed my concerns and have gained a customer for life. Great guys and they have exceeded my expectations.
View Quote

FANTASTIC!

Thanks for the update and assuaging my concerns. I will proceed with my plan to buy one as soon as they come back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Zenith needs to get the 5RS back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This by far.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Niiiiiice!
What'd they tell you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We are one of Zeniths largest distributors and when our customers have had a problem they have always been very good about taking care of issues quickly ! We know most of the staff and they are honest people .
View Quote

Yep and Atlantic is always my go to distributor because you guys are awesome to deal with. Any idea on when the Z5RS will be back in stock?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad to hear they took care of Dana. I was sure they would. I had a few interactions with their CS and they are top notch! Seriously, not just saying that. Over the years I have dealt with customer service from many of the domestic and foreign manufactures and Zenith is up there with the best of them. I would easily buy Zenith over POF and in fact I did, multiple times
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I freaking love my Z5-P, thinking about adding the RS to my safe too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Glad to hear they took care of Dana. I was sure they would. I had a few interactions with their CS and they are top notch! Seriously, not just saying that. Over the years I have dealt with customer service from many of the domestic and foreign manufactures and Zenith is up there with the best of them. I would easily buy Zenith over POF and in fact I did, multiple times
View Quote

Thanks buddy
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#27]
My Z-5RS had a barrel with an incorrectly pressed barrel. Thanks to Zenith, I had a new one in my hands within a week. Top rate customer service, buy with confidence!

Plus, the weapon is a TON of fun to shoot and is very well-made overall. It's been flawless.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Any idea where one could find an in-stock POF-5 (full size)?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies............I am still looking at multiple options, but I do have a local funstore that carries the MKE/Zenith line so I can handle one myself and check them out
View Quote

Ok, picked up my OMEGA and MKE Zenith today.  The Omega is a serious WOW!  I'm really impressed!  I now have one of each plus a Bobcat.

Omega is what I would recommend HANDS down.  I'll post pics of the three later this week.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ok, picked up my OMEGA and MKE Zenith today.  The Omega is a serious WOW!  I'm really impressed!  I now have one of each plus a Bobcat.

Omega is what I would recommend HANDS down.  I'll post pics of the three later this week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll look at those as well
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#31]
After handling a couple today, as well as the Scorpion, I think I may soon join the roller lock gang with the Zenith MP5K clone............the size and compactness is a definite plus, but the Zenith guns are very nice............now to decide between that one or one with a 3 lug barrel...........and find mags
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't have any experience with a POF or Omegas, but I love my Zenith Z-5RS.

Either way, I recommend ordering through Atlantic Firearms.  Great service!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#34]
My lower housing for the Omega should arrive today.  When it does I plan to post the Omega, Zenith, & POF next to each other and give a summary of each.

First glance:  They are all light years ahead of the crap we bought 10 years ago!  All are very nice, but the Omega has really impressed me.  The quality so far rivals some of the high end custom MP5's...Yea, I know blast away, but I've held and shot most of them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My lower housing for the Omega should arrive today.  When it does I plan to post the Omega, Zenith, & POF next to each other and give a summary of each.

First glance:  They are all light years ahead of the crap we bought 10 years ago!  All are very nice, but the Omega has really impressed me.  The quality so far rivals some of the high end custom MP5's...Yea, I know blast away, but I've held and shot most of them.
View Quote

Just wanted you to know at least one person is looking forward to your pictures and review. I considered an Omega but got in on a Zenith Z5RS instead, I'm curious to your summary.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll see what I can do tomorrow. It's been a long week at work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:43:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quick review cause I need to get off to work.  I'll continue to add more.

Omega & Zenith - Both are tremendous, but quality goes to Omega, I also like the fact that I could order the Omega without the trigger pack.  Look at the 3 lugs on these 3 (Omega, Zenith, & POF).  My Bobcat and Atlantic Arms MP5's are excluded from this.

Omega

Zenith

trio (sloppy 3 lug on the POF)

Omega on the left and Zenith on the right.

Test firing all of them next week.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post up some pictures. You're right, the Omega looks really nice. I know I don't have it in hand but dare I say it looks similar to pictures others post of their Dakota Tacticals in at least build quality if not components. That B&T barrel DT uses... unnghhh..

I'm pretty happy with my Zenith RS, I get to go test shoot it today but I think the local range is still covered in snow so it will probably just be to test function and not accuracy. I'm chomping at the bit to mail off this form 1. The only thing that bugs me about the Zenith is the cocking handle has a couple mm of play on it, which a lot of people tell me is pretty common with the platform. My only other roller locker is an early PTR91 back when they were still using HK trigger packs, bolts, carriers and locking pieces and it doesn't rattle at all.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Save your money and buy a POF.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Save your money and buy a POF.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This
View Quote

POF seems to typically be cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post up some pictures. You're right, the Omega looks really nice. I know I don't have it in hand but dare I say it looks similar to pictures others post of their Dakota Tacticals in at least build quality if not components. That B&T barrel DT uses... unnghhh..

I'm pretty happy with my Zenith RS, I get to go test shoot it today but I think the local range is still covered in snow so it will probably just be to test function and not accuracy. I'm chomping at the bit to mail off this form 1. The only thing that bugs me about the Zenith is the cocking handle has a couple mm of play on it, which a lot of people tell me is pretty common with the platform. My only other roller locker is an early PTR91 back when they were still using HK trigger packs, bolts, carriers and locking pieces and it doesn't rattle at all.
View Quote

I have an HK SP5K that has the same play. It's a non-issue.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice looking guns.............I am looking at the Zenith pistol without the three lug barrel at the moment, I think its the K version. I like the size of it, and with one of those HK SP89 shrouds on the front end and an SB Tactical folding brace it should fill my wants well..........however, I am also looking at the version with the 3 lug barrel as well.............wish my bonus would hurry and get here!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Kia is cheaper than Lexus.

Both get the job done.

Lexus is nicer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#45]
I've posted the 3.. POF, Zenith & Omega.  I've said it before, but all 3 are LIGHT years ahead of the garbage we bought 10 years ago.  POF has a very nice entry point, but lacks some of the cosmetic touches Zenith and Omega use.  I wouldn't sell my POF, but wouldn't buy another one after handling a Zenith and Omega.  

OP the choice is yours and yours alone.  You'll be more than happy with ANY of those 3.

Enjoy.

POF RS w/ threaded barrel

Omega

Zenith
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've posted the 3.. POF, Zenith & Omega.  I've said it before, but all 3 are LIGHT years ahead of the garbage we bought 10 years ago.  POF has a very nice entry point, but lacks some of the cosmetic touches Zenith and Omega use.  I wouldn't sell my POF, but wouldn't buy another one after handling a Zenith and Omega.  

OP the choice is yours and yours alone.  You'll be more than happy with ANY of those 3.

Enjoy.

POF RS w/ threaded barrel
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput-6b94-132918.jpg

Omega
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput-6db0-143975.jpg

Zenith
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123546/fullsizeoutput-6dae-143974.jpg
View Quote

Those are all very nice...... I've made up my mind that i am going to get
The Zenith..... after handling them I decided it was the one I wanted...... just trying to decide between the 3 lug and the K version
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I had an opportunity to buy that Zenith you mention.  I STRONGLY suggest the 3 lug threaded...  That may be more important than the brand thing we looked at above.  That is VERY expensive fix if you decide later you want it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I had an opportunity to buy that Zenith you mention.  I STRONGLY suggest the 3 lug threaded...  That may be more important than the brand thing we looked at above.  That is VERY expensive fix if you decide later you want it.
View Quote

Now that you mention it, I will go for that one...... I can always put a flash hider or the shroud should I choose.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Alrighty so I'll chime in here.

I bought a Zenith Z5K from copper custom 
Got it in and loved it until the factory finish chipped off from charging the weapon.

Zenith repainted it no problem. 

The next issue which I solved myself was the lower had some play. I bought a German lower and it fixed the issue.

The final problem was the cocking tube support play was slightly out of spec. Zenith fixed it no problem.

The gun function wise has been perfect. It's eats winchester white box 9mm like nothing 
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Well, I have decided on the Zenith gun..................now the decision is K or full size RS.................what are the hive mind's recommendations?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top