Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an ejection problem which to me means one of two things, ejector or extractor, I'm going with the extractor. It ran fine for the first 400 rounds and you can see the flute marks on the cases so other than a really dirty chamber I don't see the flutes as a factor.
The failures illustrated are where rounds have fallen free of the extractor prior to ejection. At this point it's worth test firing with a factory HK BCG, if you're in NV surely somebody out there has one you could borrow or an hour.

I fought the same battle with Coharie clones in 9mm & 10mm plus similar a problem with my MKE after I added US made parts to satisfy 922r crap. For me it was German parts to the rescue every time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's an ejection problem which to me means one of two things, ejector or extractor, I'm going with the extractor. It ran fine for the first 400 rounds and you can see the flute marks on the cases so other than a really dirty chamber I don't see the flutes as a factor.
The failures illustrated are where rounds have fallen free of the extractor prior to ejection. At this point it's worth test firing with a factory HK BCG, if you're in NV surely somebody out there has one you could borrow or an hour.

I fought the same battle with Coharie clones in 9mm & 10mm plus similar a problem with my MKE after I added US made parts to satisfy 922r crap. For me it was German parts to the rescue every time.
View Quote
All original internals are now RCM or German, correct 9mm hammer spring, extractor, ejector, etc. A new shelf has been welded on its been completely reworked and it's still a POS. All that is left is the front end and I don't think I'm gonna waste anymore money on it. I'll be shipping it back to Jeff soon.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:55:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Amazed you've had this much of a problem with it.  I have DJ "N" and "K" that I run with my sear all the time.  I've never had an issue with either.

Dave is a good dude, but if I recall correctly, his health forced him to shut down.  Too bad, because he was always a pleasure to deal with and help out with his builds whenever he could.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All original internals are now RCM or German, correct 9mm hammer spring, extractor, ejector, etc. A new shelf has been welded on its been completely reworked and it's still a POS. All that is left is the front end and I don't think I'm gonna waste anymore money on it. I'll be shipping it back to Jeff soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The failures illustrated are where rounds have fallen free of the extractor prior to ejection. At this point it's worth test firing with a factory HK BCG, if you're in NV surely somebody out there has one you could borrow for an hour.

I agree you've spent (wasted too much money) however I had the same problem with one of my guns AFTER installing a RCM bolt. The problem was the RCM extractor - gun runs fine with a German extractor in the RCM bolt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I agree you've spent (wasted too much money) however I had the same problem with one of my guns AFTER installing a RCM bolt. The problem was the RCM extractor - gun runs fine with a German extractor in the RCM bolt.
View Quote
It currently has an RCM bolt with German extractor, unless the extractor I bought isn't really genuine. I can hand cycle the action and it extracts and ejects just fine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It currently has an RCM bolt with German extractor, unless the extractor I bought isn't really genuine. I can hand cycle the action and it extracts and ejects just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotcha, back to JW it goes then.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If at this point it needs a new front end, which would be about another $1k, which would put it at over a $4k dollar gun, I'd rather just cut my losses and sell the parts and sell the barreled receiver with full disclosure of the issues. Not even sure how much I could get out of the barreled receiver.

Jeff won't be available for a week so I can't discuss anything further with him at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear about your gun. I have 3 of Dave's guns and 1 built by Jeff. My K gun from Dave has given me some issues with ejection over the last 3 years, but manageable. My 40 and SD have been perfect. Oddly, when I got my MP5 build from Jeff, I couldn't pull my charging handle back while the mag was inserted. Jeff said the receiver was out of spec because I used a Special Weapons rolled receiver for my build, but I believe he actually pinched the area of the receiver near the trunnion during the welding process or maybe that just how the rolled receiver was when I got it from Black-Market-Parts. Either way, I ended up fixing the problem myself and the same issue you're having are long gone.

If you insert a mag and pull back the charging handle, does it feel as if there is some resistance in the CH?  If so, it might be the rails of the receiver not having enough clearance for the BCG to travel freely down the rails. You don't need to replace the front end to fix it either.  

Just so I'm clear, Jeff is a good man and I would definitely do more business with him, but I think the second he sees a Todd Bailey part, he thinks it all out of spec. I wouldn't have replaced the BCG and just FYI the retaining plate uses a modify Gen 1 plate.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I am surprised Jeff could not figure this out.

I am hardly an HKsmith, but I have seen my share of clones and have gotten every one of them to work with minimum expense, mostly with simple part swapping. What I probably would not be able to figure put is an out-of-spec receiver, trunion, etc. I would think he could.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I noticed the ejector lever is really far over to one side and is causing some resistance. I am pretty sure there is something he is missing but he doesn't seem to agree. He is sending me a real K recoil spring to try out. 

The new RCM BCG rubs on The shell deflector real bad when charged but it seems that is due to the wonky cocking tube support, but the original BCG did not have that issue.

I didn't notice any difference charging it with or without a mag inserted. 

Will try the k spring he is sending me and if it doesn't work i'll send the gun back to him. If he can't get it running I am gonna sell off the good parts and possibly sell the barreled receiver. I am pretty Fed up with this and not too hopeful it's gonna get fixed at this point.

*I checked the ejector lever again and it definitely has a bend to it which would cause it to be off to the side too far*

*Actually it's the trigger box, the sides seem to be pushed in a bit causing the ejector lever to be off center. I checked this by dropping another trigger pack from a Zenith in and it centered perfectly.*
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just so I'm clear, Jeff is a good man and I would definitely do more business with him, but I think the second he sees a Todd Bailey part, he thinks it all out of spec. I wouldn't have replaced the BCG and just FYI the retaining plate uses a modify Gen 1 plate.
View Quote
I have reason to believe that Jeff is validated in his opinions, based on number of guns fixed, regarding Todd Bailey parts. My latest Vector build has a Todd Bailey 9" 5.56 barrel and Jeff had nothing negative to say about it. I personally would not have Jeff build me a gun on someone else's rolled receiver, as it creates a blurred line with regards to accountability .
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I personally would not have Jeff build me a gun on someone else's rolled receiver, as it creates a blurred line with regards to accountability .
View Quote
I agree with you there. Next build I ask him for, I will just have him provide me with his flat instead. Now if he could just hurry up with the 93 flat, so I can get my 53 build going!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I have another FCG and put the old ejector in it. The ejector lever is now about in the middle but it's binding on BCG. It's a pain in the ass to figure out where it's binding cause the BCG rubs against the shell deflector causing resistance when charging. The original BCG did not have that issue. Not sure if I should file down the inside of the deflector or not and it's a very hard place to get to.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like I have it running now. I put 6 mags through it with only one failure to feed. The ejector needs to be filed just a tad more as it still hangs up on the BCG now and then. Another thing I did was put a genuine K spring that Jeff Walters gave me. Just a little more tweaking and it should be good to go.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top