Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Any idea when you will get more barreled uppers? I am looking to form 1 but I need to keep the cost down some vs. buying a zenith complete.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:04:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The K barrel is stamped RCM. I haven't dug any deeper yet.

Update:

The Barrel, Bolt Head, Front Sight Tower and Trunion are clearly marked RCM. The Locking Piece and Bolt Carrier do not have RCM markings that I could find based on the RCM part photos on HKparts.net.

The extractor is a question mark. Based on the photos online, the RCM extractors are not marked.

http://s33.postimg.org/fwrnqp4jj/rcm.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So that everyone is properly informed and not mislead in any way. The parts in these guns are not RCM. They are manufactured for HKparts.net by Brand X Machine Shop and Grill. Seems like Atlantic Arms would be happy to clarify the origin of the parts when asked.

The K barrel is stamped RCM. I haven't dug any deeper yet.

Update:

The Barrel, Bolt Head, Front Sight Tower and Trunion are clearly marked RCM. The Locking Piece and Bolt Carrier do not have RCM markings that I could find based on the RCM part photos on HKparts.net.

The extractor is a question mark. Based on the photos online, the RCM extractors are not marked.

http://s33.postimg.org/fwrnqp4jj/rcm.jpg

And to clarify - because the connection made in this thread is somewhat broken... RCM is or isn't associated with a Bailey?
RCM is gtg?

ETA: looks like a thread over at HKpro has a ton of love for RCM and guessing that the man who made the video is TB.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Atlantic....

Have there been any issues with three lug devices not fitting on the barrels ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey Atlantic....

View Quote

Not Atlantic, but I've tried all my  3-lug devices with no issues. The Liberty 3-lug was a little tight and required some coaxing but it still engaged/locked on.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not Atlantic, but I've tried all my  3-lug devices with no issues. The Liberty 3-lug was a little tight and required some coaxing but it still engaged/locked on.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/Omega_MP5/IMG_3279_zpszg9jroml.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey Atlantic....

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/Omega_MP5/IMG_3279_zpszg9jroml.jpg

Engineer-

Thanks for the reply.  That's re-assuring.  I went to install my Gemtech Raptor on my K pistol and it wouldn't go on.  Havent had the time to investigate further or take some measurements but will in the near future.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Engineer-

Thanks for the reply.  That's re-assuring.  I went to install my Gemtech Raptor on my K pistol and it wouldn't go on.  Havent had the time to investigate further or take some measurements but will in the near future.

Thanks
View Quote

For giggles, have you tried taking the thread protector off and seeing if it mounts? That ended up being the issue with my POF.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

For giggles, have you tried taking the thread protector off and seeing if it mounts? That ended up being the issue with my POF.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Engineer-

Thanks

I did but it was still a no-go
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Engineer-

Thanks

That sucks. One of the items on the checklist is to check the fitment of a 3-lug ... and someone signed off on it.

Any joy from Atlantic or Omega?

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Think the coating is just a little thick.  Took some light sandpaper roll to it and with some SLIP 2000 and coercion with a rubber mallet, its going on and off pretty good now.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Im interested in a fixed stock rifle set up . I beleve it is stated that it can be SBRed later with an easy enough removal  of the attachment ( fake Can ) and you would still have the 3 lugs . Explain how it's attached please. Thanks Wardawg
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And to clarify - because the connection made in this thread is somewhat broken... RCM is or isn't associated with a Bailey?

RCM is gtg?

ETA: looks like a thread over at HKpro has a ton of love for RCM and guessing that the man who made the video is TB.
View Quote

You could search for weeks for the information I'm about to tell you and still not arrive at the correct information. Some of the people who have been involved with these clones for years may already know it, while some probably don't because they simply never cared. Then there's the complete newbies who are just parroting information over and over again but without context, let alone technical and/or business comprehension.

RCM was the original supplier for many of the parts in the early clone days. RCM had a contract to supply the Bailey companies with said parts. Those parts were made to Toad Bailey's specs, not factory HK specs, and in some cases it caused some issues. One example is the bolt heads; the diameter of the breech should measure .40" for 9mm guns, but Toad spec'd them to be larger. RCM provided the parts according to the specs laid out by the volume purchaser.

Bailey's video was originally made as a response to a video I produced years ago called "The Truth About MP5 Clones." In that video I pointed out some of the potential problem areas with US made clones, and how they could be corrected. I recommended RCM parts as a viable course of remedial action for issues like the aforementioned bolt head dimensions. Toad got his panties in a bunch and decided to do his own version, claiming that nobody else's bolt heads would headpsace properly, all the while using the incorrect method for checking it. When Google decided that data farming was more important that data sharing, I deleted my old YT account, despite it having tons of videos and a strong subscriber base going back to 2006. At this point, Toad's video resides on the internet without proper context, which only leads to the confusion and makes him look like more of an ass.

RCM decided to enter the market themselves and sell some very well made parts that are properly spec'd. At this stage, it is my informed opinion that RCM produces higher quality parts than those found in the Pakistani and Turkish guns. People have put way too much stock into "Licensed Clone" and in many cases incorrectly using the term "Contract Guns" to describe them. The POFs and MKEs are licensed copies. This means they are using real HK tooling and some percentage of royalties is being paid to HK in order to be allowed to produce them. Now, POF and MKE are not "Contract Manufacturers" for H&K. Contract Manufacturers would be producing items FOR H&K to use, which is to say they would actually be providing them to Germany to be used in the manufacture of MP5s. Heckler and Koch is not actively monitoring the production lines of POF and MKE, like some would have you believe by their choice of words.

There is another issue, and that is one of material and dimensional specs. It is quite clear that neither of the licensed manufacturers are using the same grades of steel to produce bolt heads as they are in Oberndorf, Germany. In fact, it seems clear that MKE in particular is using cast bolt heads, as evidenced by the small casting voids visible on the surface. Yes, I have asked, and Zenith chose not to respond.

Although the information is intentionally squashed or hidden, there have been many, many problems with the licensed clones, just as there have been with the US made clones. One need only look to find out about cracked locking pieces, guns made from used parts kits, improperly aligned barrels, 3-lug interfaces that are out of spec...the list goes on. Yes, Atlantic Firearms has done a great job in taking care of those
problems, but there continues to be problem guns that exit the factory
from these Licensed Manufacturers. Guns that are truly made 100% to HK's specs would not display these problems, yet people would have you believe that they are the next best thing to a factory German gun. In fact, the next best thing would be a German parts kit properly built using an LSC flat.

Now back to your regularly scheduled US made clone bash fest....

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You could search for weeks for the information I'm about to tell you and still not arrive at the correct information. Some of the people who have been involved with these clones for years may already know it, while some probably don't because they simply never cared. Then there's the complete newbies who are just parroting information over and over again but without context, let alone technical and/or business comprehension.

RCM was the original supplier for many of the parts in the early clone days. RCM had a contract to supply the Bailey companies with said parts. Those parts were made to Toad Bailey's specs, not factory HK specs, and in some cases it caused some issues. One example is the bolt heads; the diameter of the breech should measure .40" for 9mm guns, but Toad spec'd them to be larger. RCM provided the parts according to the specs laid out by the volume purchaser.

Bailey's video was originally made as a response to a video I produced years ago called "The Truth About MP5 Clones." In that video I pointed out some of the potential problem areas with US made clones, and how they could be corrected. I recommended RCM parts as a viable course of remedial action for issues like the aforementioned bolt head dimensions. Toad got his panties in a bunch and decided to do his own version, claiming that nobody else's bolt heads would headpsace properly, all the while using the incorrect method for checking it. When Google decided that data farming was more important that data sharing, I deleted my old YT account, despite it having tons of videos and a strong subscriber base going back to 2006. At this point, Toad's video resides on the internet without proper context, which only leads to the confusion and makes him look like more of an ass.

RCM decided to enter the market themselves and sell some very well made parts that are properly spec'd. At this stage, it is my informed opinion that RCM produces higher quality parts than those found in the Pakistani and Turkish guns. People have put way too much stock into "Licensed Clone" and in many cases incorrectly using the term "Contract Guns" to describe them. The POFs and MKEs are licensed copies. This means they are using real HK tooling and some percentage of royalties is being paid to HK in order to be allowed to produce them. Now, POF and MKE are not "Contract Manufacturers" for H&K. Contract Manufacturers would be producing items FOR H&K to use, which is to say they would actually be providing them to Germany to be used in the manufacture of MP5s. Heckler and Koch is not actively monitoring the production lines of POF and MKE, like some would have you believe by their choice of words.

There is another issue, and that is one of material and dimensional specs. It is quite clear that neither of the licensed manufacturers are using the same grades of steel to produce bolt heads as they are in Oberndorf, Germany. In fact, it seems clear that MKE in particular is using cast bolt heads, as evidenced by the small casting voids visible on the surface. Yes, I have asked, and Zenith chose not to respond.

Although the information is intentionally squashed or hidden, there have been many, many problems with the licensed clones, just as there have been with the US made clones. One need only look to find out about cracked locking pieces, guns made from used parts kits, improperly aligned barrels, 3-lug interfaces that are out of spec...the list goes on. Yes, Atlantic Firearms has done a great job in taking care of those problems, but there continues to be problem guns that exit the factory from these Licensed Manufacturers. Guns that are truly made 100% to HK's specs would not display these problems, yet people would have you believe that they are the next best thing to a factory German gun. In fact, the next best thing would be a German parts kit properly built using an LSC flat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RCM is gtg?

Although the information is intentionally squashed or hidden, there have been many, many problems with the licensed clones, just as there have been with the US made clones. One need only look to find out about cracked locking pieces, guns made from used parts kits, improperly aligned barrels, 3-lug interfaces that are out of spec...the list goes on. Yes, Atlantic Firearms has done a great job in taking care of those problems, but there continues to be problem guns that exit the factory from these Licensed Manufacturers. Guns that are truly made 100% to HK's specs would not display these problems, yet people would have you believe that they are the next best thing to a factory German gun. In fact, the next best thing would be a German parts kit properly built using an LSC flat.

wow, thanks for taking the time to write all the info
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top