Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2016 8:44:08 PM EDT
Say one could get a POF mp5 for $2-300 less than the MKE guns are right now. Are the MKE guns worth it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Mke is worth it. Btw Atlantic is selling the mke for $1548 shipped. No reason not too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
My Thread on this topic from a few months ago.

Atlantic's sale Thread
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
$359 difference even with the sale
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
2 more mags and an optic mount.  Plus better fit, finish and warranty.  

This is a no brainer guys.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Fit and finish on my MKE is much better than my POF. The paint job is nicer, the pushpins on the MKE come out with finger pressure while I need a hammer and punch for some of my POF pins. The knurling on the POF thread protector required some sanding down in order for my 3-lug mount to fit over it.

The extra mags with the MKE are a nice touch as well as the extra pushpins. Since the mount is not a co-witnessing mount, I don't consider it to be much of a value add.

My preference is also for the polymer lower housing of the MKE and not the metal lower housing of the POF.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 11:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Pakistan vs Turkey.....hmmmm......I think I prefer the Turkey made product.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Frankly, buying a POF didn't sit well with me. I'd rather buy products from a country that didn't harbor Osama bin Laden. I was very happy to buy an MKE.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fit and finish on my MKE is much better than my POF. The paint job is nicer, the pushpins on the MKE come out with finger pressure while I need a hammer and punch for some of my POF pins. The knurling on the POF thread protector required some sanding down in order for my 3-lug mount to fit over it.

The extra mags with the MKE are a nice touch as well as the extra pushpins. Since the mount is not a co-witnessing mount, I don't consider it to be much of a value add.

My preference is also for the polymer lower housing of the MKE and not the metal lower housing of the POF.

View Quote

With the low height over bore and the giant sight ring of the triple tree you really don't want a co-witnessing sight on an MP5 type gun.  It's better to go over the top.  Some (operator as f@ck) even cut the top half off the triple tree ring.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep. Frankly, buying a POF didn't sit well with me. I'd rather buy products from a country that didn't harbor Osama bin Laden. I was very happy to buy an MKE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

big fucking +1
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I ended up with an MKE Z-5RS.  glad i went that route.  I was almost going to get a POF but through a few friends i found a dealer that had a POF and another that had an MKE.  The MKE did look better over all.  I will say thought, it was a TOUGH choice, because ive always been a reverse stretch fan.  The POF is a REAL RS, the MKE is just a full size.  but the overall finish is what did it for me.  I got it last week and put 100 rounds of misc 9mm through it.  only hickup i had was some of my VERY low power 9mm.  i just wanted to see how low on powder i could go before i had feeding issues.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#12]
you buy either with the plans to turn it into an SBR, what parts are we looking at for 922r compliance?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

you buy either with the plans to turn it into an SBR, what parts are we looking at for 922r compliance?
View Quote

Out of the sixteen below, you need 6 US made parts:

Receiver

Barrel

Trunion

Bolt

Bolt Carrier

Cocking Handle

Trigger Housing

Trigger

Hammer

Sear

Buttstock

Pistol Grip

Forearm / Handguard

Magazine Housing

Magazine Follower

Magazine Floorplate
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Receiver
Barrel
Trunion
Bolt
Bolt Carrier
Cocking Handle
Trigger Housing
Trigger
Hammer
Sear
Buttstock
Pistol Grip
Forearm / Handguard
Magazine Housing
Magazine Follower
Magazine Floorplate

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Receiver
Barrel
Trunion
Bolt
Bolt Carrier
Cocking Handle
Trigger Housing
Trigger
Hammer
Sear
Buttstock
Pistol Grip
Forearm / Handguard
Magazine Housing
Magazine Follower
Magazine Floorplate

so the easiest to do would be start with rifle length and cut the barrel down after approval
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

so the easiest to do would be start with rifle length and cut the barrel down after approval
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Receiver
Barrel
Trunion
Bolt
Bolt Carrier
Cocking Handle
Trigger Housing
Trigger
Hammer
Sear
Buttstock
Pistol Grip
Forearm / Handguard
Magazine Housing
Magazine Follower
Magazine Floorplate

I would think it would be easier to start with a pistol and then change out the 1) sear 2) hammer 3) trigger 4) handguard 5) cocking handle and then one more of your choosing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would think it would be easier to start with a pistol and then change out the 1) sear 2) hammer 3) trigger 4) handguard 5) cocking handle and then one more of your choosing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Receiver
Barrel
Trunion
Bolt
Bolt Carrier
Cocking Handle
Trigger Housing
Trigger
Hammer
Sear
Buttstock
Pistol Grip
Forearm / Handguard
Magazine Housing
Magazine Follower
Magazine Floorplate

No good US made magazines? That would knock out half
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#17]
US made floor plates are available from HKParts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Perhaps this should go in a separate thread ....

With respect to 922r, the wording "manufacture" confuses me.  In terms of using mags, if the original SBR has a US mag (or one with a floorplate or whatever), then doesn't that fit the definition?  Couldn't you then use whatever mag you want with the rifle, since it was originally "manufactured" with the required parts?

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Perhaps this should go in a separate thread ....

With respect to 922r, the wording "manufacture" confuses me.  In terms of using mags, if the original SBR has a US mag (or one with a floorplate or whatever), then doesn't that fit the definition?  Couldn't you then use whatever mag you want with the rifle, since it was originally "manufactured" with the required parts?

View Quote

That sounds like enough of a gray area for a malicious prosecutor to screw with you on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I ALMOST went with the POF cause i wanted a real reverse stretch mp5.  after being able to look at both in person i went with the MKE cause it looked overall a better quality.  that being said, for $360 less, id prob had went with the POF for the reverse stretch....and i may get it as well to my MKE.  but if it was for a "full size" then id still have went MKE
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Wait until July when HK releases the MP5K pistol with MSRP at $2300.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The MSRP is reportedly $2700, not $2300. It also doesn't have a paddle magazine release or a 3-lug barrel. By the time you add those, it's another $1400. For the low, low price of $4,100 you are NOT competing against POF and MKE, you're competing against the U.S. small builders. And you're still losing against them, because a TPM K-PDW has a lower that costs an extra $450 and a stock that costs an extra $130, yet still only costs $3,550. And it's already 922r compliant. So that HK, by the time you get it configured the same as a TPM, is going to cost ~$4780.

Fuck all of that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The MSRP is reportedly $2700, not $2300. It also doesn't have a paddle magazine release or a 3-lug barrel. By the time you add those, it's another $1400. For the low, low price of $4,100 you are NOT competing against POF and MKE, you're competing against the U.S. small builders. And you're still losing against them, because a TPM K-PDW has a lower that costs an extra $450 and a stock that costs an extra $130, yet still only costs $3,550. And it's already 922r compliant. So that HK, by the time you get it configured the same as a TPM, is going to cost ~$4780.

Fuck all of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

Numbers don't lie here.
But you know some people Will shell out the cash to have one that is "legit HK bro"
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

I can't wait for my tpm K to clear!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

You're going to love it. I know I'm going to love my TPM SD.

I also like that I'm now 15 minutes from TPM. Having "Carrollton, TX" engraved on the magwell is pretty cool to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

Personal preference. Retail is $2700 I was repeating what the HK rep said LGS prices would run. made a mistake in my original post
Just like I think its stupid to have a truck that isn't 4X4.
Opinions are like assholes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Personal preference. Retail is $2700 I was repeating what the HK rep said LGS prices would run. made a mistake in my original post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

Lighten up, Francis. It's not an opinion, the MSRP is $400 more than what you said. And everything else is just numbers.

I know people will buy the "real" HK for all their various reasons. The more the merrier.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lighten up, Francis. It's not an opinion, the MSRP is $400 more than what you said. And everything else is just numbers.

I know people will buy the "real" HK for all their various reasons. The more the merrier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

Not upset at all.  Like I said, it's YOUR opinion.  You were the one that stated yours.
I I already have what I want from the clone world.  For the $ I'm sure you won't see HK's going back for numerous problems, unless you have one built by a quality builder. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not upset at all.  Like I said, it's YOUR opinion.  You were the one that stated yours.
I I already have what I want from the clone world.  For the $ I'm sure you won't see HK's going back for numerous problems, unless you have one built by a quality builder. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck all of that.

What the hell are you talking about? What opinion? That a $4100 HK isn't competing with a $1675 similarly equipped MKE? You've thoroughly confused me...
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Say one could get a POF mp5 for $2-300 less than the MKE guns are right now. Are the MKE guns worth it?
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Sure feeling good about my pof purchase a year ago reading all these threads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top