Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2016 6:18:40 PM EDT
A dream come true! I currently have a full-size MP5, a DT D54-N with sear pack. I have a RS on the way from Joe. I'm wondering if the RS will fit or do I need to pickup the new SP5K?

I'm going to mail the case to Joe and see if he can fab up a picatanny rail mount system since his masterpieces all have rails welded on. Anyone try something similar or just go with a K?

Any help is appreciated!

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The names Bond........James Bond.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure only a "k" will fit, but others can definitely answer it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a good enough reason to buy a K to me
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just want to shoot it!
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Somethings missing...
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The only ones I have ever seen for sale are for the K... Not the standard.  

It looks awesome!!!! Makes me want to get a K for my sear pack

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice! That needs an AOW stamp too, right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks like too much fun.  I believe k only.  

Who's Joe??  Sounds like he does good work
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

You have a sear pack and no K?

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I've only seen it online with MP5K'S inside. I don't think a reverse stretch or regular MP5 will fit in it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes..  I should be ashamed.. I have a 94 SBR.  no K... I wonder if the new HK K pistol that is supposed to be out this year will be the same dimensionally as a K or 89?

I would love to find out more about this case...
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't shoot your leg off. Almost had that happen at my house.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:51:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes..  I should be ashamed.. I have a 94 SBR.  no K... I wonder if the new HK K pistol that is supposed to be out this year will be the same dimensionally as a K or 89?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious question, why not buy a good K clone made by a reputable builder? (Ghilliebear, DakotaTactical, Brethren Arms, etc)

http://www.guns.com/2013/03/22/hk-operational-briefcase-now-thats-a-man-bag/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/24/lightning-review-hk-mp5k-briefcase-luggage-can-fire/
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Has to be a K, but research because if you end up with a K PDW (three lug) I'm pretty-100% positive that the muzzle device in the case has to be modified or replaced with one that'll work with the three lug barrel length, or that the location of the receiver mount has to be relocated.

No AOW if you use it with the sear, AOW if using a semi pistol K in it.

don't shoot yourself in the leg. I'm guessing you know since you wanted one, but it's a two hand hold with the case horizaontal, not one handed at your side.

Liveleak video of a case

Your case (if that's your new one in the pic and not a file pic) has the ARMS mount. The original German ones has the stanag mount. I'm not sure on this, but check that it puts the trigger bar in the right place. It looks like the ARMS mount sits more forward than the mount that came on the Hensoldt scopes.

congrats on the buy. That is one of the coolest toys ever.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Cute novelty that is fun to shoot a few times, then you get bored with it. A must though for any serious HK enthusiast.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Joe = Joe Stoppiello @ Dakota Tactical.

And I'm pretttttty sure a RS will fit as it has room behind it and the RS and K have the same front end. That being said if it doesn't I'll pickup the newly imported HK SP5 or a MKE Z5K.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
The registration goes with the gun, not the case. The MP5K/Clone must be registered as a AOW, SBR or have a FA pack installed for it to be legal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I honestly need one
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The registration goes with the gun, not the case. The MP5K/Clone must be registered as a AOW, SBR or have a FA pack installed for it to be legal.
View Quote

Holy shitsnacks. I can use my SBRed K with that?

My wallet and wife hates you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Also, be aware that you can only use an SEF style pack in there. The ambi safety switch is a no-go.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Also, be aware that you can only use an SEF style pack in there. The ambi safety switch is a no-go.
View Quote

I have not seen any issue with this in my experience. That being said I have only personally used one of these cases so not a large sample size.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have not seen any issue with this in my experience. That being said I have only personally used one of these cases so not a large sample size.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just relaying what I've read from different sources, no firsthand experience. Can't remember what the interference was with it, perhaps the trigger linkage on the right side selector switch?
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I always liked the ghost in the shell briefcase method better.

but speaking of which, I wonder what one could do with the much larger dimension of a briefcase for the foldable design.

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#25]
There's no way a full size MP5 will fit in the case.

If you're referring to RS as in reverse stretch and not the Z5RS (full size MKE), then it should. The distance of the front sight to scope mount tabs will determine what will fit.

The cases that will accept a PDW require a shorter tube for the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#26]
How are the ejected cases dealt with? It seems like you are "one and done" if it doesn't allow room for fired cases to fall free.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#27]
From the photos I've seen there is a "splash shield" that the cases hit that sends them away from the ejection port. You're only going to get one magazine to dump without opening it and it has plenty of void space for the 30 cases.

In the event that your engagement with the paper zombies continues past the first mag, you pop it open, depress the mount release and snatch the gun and spare mag out, reload and reengage the paper monsters.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Here you go-

Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Pretty cool no shell cases left behind less evidence. Now imagine if this was a tad longer to have a suppressor on the gun inside the case then we are talking insanely covert. Wish Hk mp5 variants and real deal were more affordable.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pretty cool no shell cases left behind less evidence. Now imagine if this was a tad longer to have a suppressor on the gun inside the case then we are talking insanely covert. Wish Hk mp5 variants and real deal were more affordable.
View Quote

There is an old M11 case that allows you to run a can on it on the inside. There are pictures online.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There is an old M11 case that allows you to run a can on it on the inside. There are pictures online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the 80s I had the original M10 case that allowed a silencer. However it had to be a shortened version of the original Sionics. Not s Problem back then as you just unscrewed the front portion and screwed in the short version. And since M10 was Open Bolt, you did not want to drop the case....
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In the 80s I had the original M10 case that allowed a silencer. However it had to be a shortened version of the original Sionics. Not s Problem back then as you just unscrewed the front portion and screwed in the short version. And since M10 was Open Bolt, you did not want to drop the case....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#33]
don't hold the case backwards.

Awesome!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I honestly need one
View Quote

One here in Houston for sale....$30k IIRC
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#35]
UPDATE: Case is for sale in the EE

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Some things came up. I'm selling this case. $3000shipped. First come first serve :)

[email protected]
View Quote

I would delete this as selling items outside of the EE is not allowed. Try putting up a for sale add in the EE and see were it goes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Whoops. I'll edit
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
UPDATE: Case is for sale in the EE

[email protected]
View Quote

Why didn't you hang on to this?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I always liked the ghost in the shell briefcase method better.

http://www.serenadawn.com/GITS-Weapons_clip_image002_0000.jpg

but speaking of which, I wonder what one could do with the much larger dimension of a briefcase for the foldable design.

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/russian_pp-90.jpg
View Quote

There was a movie with a terrorist that used a shell style case on a K but I have not been able to find the movie again. I probably watched it over 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#40]
for a virtual newbie, what or where is the "EE" - i have a couple of the stanag mounts for the mp5k briefcases we imported that i want to put up for sale

on the subject of suppressor use in the briefcase, we had a special order that wanted the briefcases modified to using a suppressed pistol - so we modified a few to hold the HK Tact 45 with our IMPULS IIA cans - worked pretty sweetly, but we only made six of them

never mind, i found it

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top