Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I like my MKE and the extra money for the HK isn't worth it to me, especially without the 3 lug or paddle mag release.

If this does actually come to market, I bet all the guys that paid crazy money for the SP89s recently will be feeling bad....
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So does that treaty prohibit a US subsidiarity from making them in the US as well (assuming they cared to try)?

And I assume an MP7 derivative pistol would be on the wrong side of that dumbass rule too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what we heard, there will only be 150 or so coming in for sale.
And this is the only configuration allowed, as the regular/full size MP5 is banned due to barrel length.

I assume that's on the German end?

Yes, since Germany signed onto the Small Arms treaty last year or the year before, they can't export certain firearms.
The ones that they can are designated "pistols" which come with barrel length restrictions and such. I am sure threaded barrels are on the No-no list as well.

So does that treaty prohibit a US subsidiarity from making them in the US as well (assuming they cared to try)?

And I assume an MP7 derivative pistol would be on the wrong side of that dumbass rule too.

Nope, no issue with US made items.

MP7 coming here is a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Threaded Barrels are OK, they sell a lot of pistols with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And this is the only configuration allowed, as the regular/full size MP5 is banned due to barrel length.

Yes, since Germany signed onto the Small Arms treaty last year or the year before, they can't export certain firearms.
The ones that they can are designated "pistols" which come with barrel length restrictions and such. I am sure threaded barrels are on the No-no list as well.

Threaded Barrels are OK, they sell a lot of pistols with them.

I believe they are restricted by length of the barrel, that is allowed to be imported with threads.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, but I can dream...
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
From the NRA show:
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#6]
so what is the difference between the sp89 from years ago and the sp5k?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The SP89 had a steel grip frame. Other than that and the slightly different hand-guard there doesn't appear to be much of a difference.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The SP89 had a steel grip frame. Other than that and the slightly different hand-guard there doesn't appear to be much of a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word is that the internals are different enough that they won't be good sear hosts, if that is relevant to you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Word is that the internals are different enough that they won't be good sear hosts, if that is relevant to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have a welded in carrier block. I just hope it doesn't use some type of proprietary trigger pack.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK rep said it's just as it was in the preban days.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pictures have shown that not to be true. There's a long thread on HKPro about it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Pictures have shown that not to be true. There's a long thread on HKPro about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks to be a pretty simple mod to make it a sear host.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh, you again. I have been over on HKpro and no one there has even got a look at it. Sorry to disturb you again . Maybe you should of attended the show yourself and asked the reps questions, but no, you choose to become the Great White Internet Warrior that can shit knowledge out of your asshole. You already know so much more but haven't seen this in person to even pick it up and look at it. You just seem to use great powers that are beyond the knowledge of regular people, you should really get your own gig. You impress the living shit out of me so much, that when I go back to the NRA show tomorrow that I will show your replies to the HK reps and maybe they will call you and get your expertise on how to really build this gun.
God, I wish I had half the wisdom and knowledge that you do.
You should change your name to "The Great Know It All!"  General purpose is so not fitting for you.
EDIT: BTW, I'm guessing your screen name is "Pureform" on the HK site. I see that you were called out there for pretty much the same things you have posted up here.  I LOL'd at the replies to your post.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:42:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Sp-89 value is gonna tank, except in Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sigh, you again. I have been over on HKpro and no one there has even got a look at it. Sorry to disturb you again . Maybe you should of attended the show yourself and asked the reps questions, but no, you choose to become the Great White Internet Warrior that can shit knowledge out of your asshole. You already know so much more but haven't seen this in person to even pick it up and look at it. You just seem to use great powers that are beyond the knowledge of regular people, you should really get your own gig. You impress the living shit out of me so much, that when I go back to the NRA show tomorrow that I will show your replies to the HK reps and maybe they will call you and get your expertise on how to really build this gun.
You should change your name to "The Great Know It All!"  General purpose is so not fitting for you.
EDIT: BTW, I'm guessing your screen name is "Pureform" on the HK site. I see that you were called out there for pretty much the same things you have posted up here.  I LOL'd at the replies to your post.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh, you running your mouth again. Here's a picture proving you dead wrong:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/237008-sp5k-first-look-spec-info-6.html

And my screen name over there is GeneralPurpose if you do some real deep digging.

What was that about nobody over there having a look at it? At least you can tell your friends in your sewing circle a fun story.

Next?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:09:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Is there a specific concise list of the differences/mods from an actual MP5K?

Enough bitching...just list the facts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is where you "Pureform" were called out:
HKPRO
Like people said, you don't like it, don't buy it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sigh, you running your mouth again. Here's a picture proving you dead wrong:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/237008-sp5k-first-look-spec-info-6.html

And my screen name over there is GeneralPurpose if you do some real deep digging.

What was that about nobody over there having a look at it? At least you can tell your friends in your sewing circle a fun story.

Next?
View Quote

Whats the big deal about that little nub? It would only take a few minutes to knock that down, or you could have a sear trip added to that carrier. Whenever I get mine I'm going to use it as a host, just havent decided what to mod yet.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
HKPRO
View Quote

What is your problem? My screen name is clearly GeneralPurpose on this website, HKPro, SnipersHide, that old silencer forum that Major Malfunction was running...

I've proven that you're wrong.
1. The new SP5K has a few differences from the SP89.
2. People on HKPro have gotten hands on with it and have the photos to prove the differences.
3. My screen name is the same on EVERY gun related forum.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What is your problem? My screen name is clearly GeneralPurpose on this website, HKPro, SnipersHide, that old silencer forum that Major Malfunction was running...

2. People on HKPro have gotten hands on with it and have the photos to prove the differences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HKPRO

What ever. I'm not having a pissing contest with you kid. Its obvious you posted word for word over there as you did here. Only thing you proved me wrong on was the MSRP. Other than that what I posted came straight from the HK reps at the show, I just passed on the info here. Like I said before, unless you went to the show, picked up the gun and talked to the reps first hand, then you don't know shit. Im stopping here before I get booted for breaking coc.
You don't like this gun, that's fine, I could care less.
Enjoy your "clone".
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#21]
As I understand the differences based on pictures that are available:

1 - FBI AMBI lower (sp89 had metal SEF/0-1 lower)

2 - Receiver has a tab at the top rear.

3 - Bolt carrier top is machined to clear the tab.  

4 - Semi auto shelf is present as before, but different geometry.  No longer requires machining of the ears of a polymer lower.  

5 - Optics rail included

6 - Two magazines included (SP89 came with one 15rd mag)

There was a pre-production gun out there that was set up differently.  It might be the source of confusion. These items are based on what's been shown at NRA, which is alleged to be the production guns.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As I understand the differences based on pictures that are available:

1 - FBI AMBI lower (sp89 had metal SEF/0-1 lower)

2 - Receiver has a tab at the top rear.

3 - Bolt carrier top is machined to clear the tab.  

4 - Semi auto shelf is present as before, but different geometry.  No longer requires machining of the ears of a polymer lower.  

5 - Optics rail included

6 - Two magazines included (SP89 came with one 15rd mag)

There was a pre-production gun out there that was set up differently.  It might be the source of confusion. These items are based on what's been shown at NRA, which is alleged to be the production guns.  

View Quote

Fargo, it's almost like you're saying the gun isn't the same as it was in its preban days.

I wonder what your name on HKPro is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#23]
There might have been a demo gun where it was the same, but on the production guns, it's definitely not.

IMHO it's actually better.  An AMBI pack is a substantial upgrade, and not having to shave ears on a poly lower anymore is the cat's ass.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Any better rumors on when they are releasing and numbers hitting the street?  Or are we still at the whims of enterwebz mythology?

I'm kinda excited by this release, it'd be a great range queen.

FA
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any better rumors on when they are releasing and numbers hitting the street?  Or are we still at the whims of enterwebz mythology?

I'm kinda excited by this release, it'd be a great range queen.

FA
View Quote

This is what I am most interested in.  If they only plan on releasing them in the high hundreds/low thousands, I want to just write it off now.  It's hard enough to justify the MSRP on these, but if there is a premium due to scarcity, count me out.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because German export laws are ridiculously strict. Cannot export "weapons of war" or some idiotic bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they just imported the MP5-N in pistol configuration it would sell big time. Why they decided on this weird overpriced SP89'ish config is beyond me.

Because German export laws are ridiculously strict. Cannot export "weapons of war" or some idiotic bullshit.

They could have at least left the barrel longer so it would be easy to add a three lug navy on the end.  Don't you need an entirely new barrel now to put the 3 lug on the end?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
They could have at least left the barrel longer so it would be easy to add a three lug navy on the end.  Don't you need an entirely new barrel now to put the 3 lug on the end?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they just imported the MP5-N in pistol configuration it would sell big time. Why they decided on this weird overpriced SP89'ish config is beyond me.

I think German export laws limit the barrel length.  Not positive on that though.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think German export laws limit the barrel length.  Not positive on that though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/sport/full-size-compact/sp5k/sp5k/product-overview.html

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/sport/full-size-compact/sp5k/sp5k/product-overview.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Keywords=hk+sp5k&Condition=2

THEY ARE HERE !

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#30]
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Keywords=hk+sp5k&Condition=2
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top