Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2016 12:06:13 AM EDT
About to do the Form one and SBR this thing. I shot the telescoping folder from a PTR 91 and it was not pleasant, are there any side folders that are durable and provide a solid position? The Choate folders look like SKS folders from the 90s, is that just bad photography? I did get a rail and an aim point on it, the 8 inch barrel is nice, but with a stock it will be better

any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
B&T if you want a side folding stock.

A2 if you want a cheap and effective stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

B&T if you want a side folding stock.

A2 if you want a cheap and effective stock.

View Quote
I have both, the A2 first then the B&T when RTG Parts finally had it in stock. The B&T is probably the best option, solid has a grommet for a sling swivel and folds away.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Fixed stock is the best stock imho
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I had the A3 on this and just added the B&T side folder (the shorter LOP version, not the UMP one) from HKParts.net and it has a way better cheek weld, comfort, and makes the overall package lighter. It will be moving to my RS when it comes in though.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
A3 looks cool but B&T is comfortable + functional (foldable). I traded my A3 for a B&T - MP5/40 for that reason.  No idea about the A2..other than not as functional/foldable
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally like the Choate adjustable stock. It is solid as a rock. I actually made a storage area for mine.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Going to look at the BT
Thanks Guys
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:06:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The factory HK collapsable stock is not adequate on the G3/91, but the version for the MP5 is great.  Partly because the shape of the butt stock is different, and partly because the MP5 is 9mm and not .308.

The Choate MP5 stock was also used on the SKS stock that Choate made, but it was adopted by HK for use on the MP5K... so it is correct (if that matters), and works well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Going to look at the BT
Thanks Guys
View Quote

Good choice!

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I went with a 4 position collapsible F stock, and I'm quite pleased with it.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
After seeing/testing a good friend's b&t on his z5p, I really like them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like the B&T folder UMP style!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Running the shorter LOP B&T folder (made it 'fixed' in my case since i'm in CA) as well!
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Go with the ATI A3 F style stock and save a shit-ton of money.  

It's one of those rare times that it's far better than it's price.  

I have it on three guns (inc a 53) and it's good to go even for hard use.   On two of them I had to chase the holes with a drill bit to fit it.  There were some burrs or something in there.  After that, it was perfect.  

The B&T is nice too, but it makes the gun twice as thick at almost 3x the price.  

I also like the choate adjustable but only have that on an MP5K SBR.  No reason it wouldn't be just as good on a fullsize, and it's a US part for 922 purposes.

Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I love the A3 and got that and its on my mp5 all the time.  that being said, the cheek weld kinda sucks, and i have an A2 incase.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I think everyone who has an SBR'd MP5 should at least own both an A3 and an A2 stock. The A3 stock is plenty comfortable in the pistol calibers and 5.56 guns. They are not too fun to shoot with the .308s, though.

The B&T folders are well made, and they are nice stocks. Aesthetically, however, they look sorely out of place unless coupled with a modernized forend and a Navy style grip frame. The stock just looks too UMP for the rounded curves of the MP5 receiver.

In all reality, you will most likely wind up swapping furniture around every so often just to keep things refreshing and interesting as the years go by.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saved a shit ton of money, then I had to replace the stock when it didn't fit.

Some people have had good luck with those stocks, but I wasn't one of them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I saved a shit ton of money, then I had to replace the stock when it didn't fit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is tight with my Atlantic Arms reverse stretch.  A little encouragement from a rubber mallet fixes it.

I'm curious how it will work with my Zenith Z5RS.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine is tight with my Atlantic Arms reverse stretch.  A little encouragement from a rubber mallet fixes it.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard enough stories about issues fitting ATI stocks that I just decided to bite the bullet and get the obscenely overpriced HK one.

The HK one fits perfectly on my Z5RS FWIW.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a A2, an A3 and a Choate adjustable folder. I prefer the Choate by a considerable margin. The fixed A2 is fine but a touch long and the hard plastic butt plate slips around. The A3 is even longer and is wide and not particularly comfortable. The Choate is set at around 12.5" LOP (IIRC, all spacers removed), has a rubber butt plate so it stays put and it folds to make it even shorter than the A3 collapsed. The B&T looks nice too but I haven't handled one. I got the Choate for under $100 on sale so it was a no brainer.

For reference it is one of my issued SWAT guns so I'm using it with body armor and a gas mask at times. I'm not a huge guy either, under 6'. Someone bigger or with different uses may find another stock works better for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top