Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2016 9:02:36 PM EDT

And it is purple!

I will be having Fords do a brushed chrome on it so I can gleefully watch die hard with it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome. Congrats! It's one of my Grail Guns.

Consider a threaded barrel extension and a brushed stainless suppressor  to go with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I've actually heard that these are not good suppressor hosts.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
While it's your gun and you are obviously free to do as you like and I also am not a lover of fanbois, the pistol in it's present condition will continue to appreciate in value while a refinish job will hurt that.

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While it's your gun and you are obviously free to do as you like and I also am not a lover of fanbois, the pistol in it's present condition will continue to appreciate in value while a refinish job will hurt that.

View Quote

I usually would agree. I am a collector of guns and have never refinished one. But these things have doubled if not tripled in price in the last 5 years. Chromed versions are going for $2500 on gunbroker, and I got this one for $1400.  I think after a refinish I could sell it for what I paid and the refinish cost. BUT, some guns in my collection are awful guns that I only have because they will increase in value. Some I have because they are weird. Some because I want it. This one I want, and I want it in chrome, but was not willing to pay en extra grand for. It also is not a very historic firearm. Unique and cool, but not historic. I would never chrome my 1920 Luger even if I thought that would be awesome. Chroming this P7 will put an * next to it's details, but is far from ruining it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Great choice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#6]
nice pick up.  Love mine.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Does it have polygonal rifling?  Nice catch.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I usually would agree. I am a collector of guns and have never refinished one. But these things have doubled if not tripled in price in the last 5 years. Chromed versions are going for $2500 on gunbroker, and I got this one for $1400.
View Quote

Holy hell - when did that happen?  I bought a bunch of PSPs back in 2010 for around $500-600ish and they are just sitting in the back of the safe.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:09:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Holy hell - when did that happen?  I bought a bunch of PSPs back in 2010 for around $500-600ish and they are just sitting in the back of the safe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually would agree. I am a collector of guns and have never refinished one. But these things have doubled if not tripled in price in the last 5 years. Chromed versions are going for $2500 on gunbroker, and I got this one for $1400.

Happy retirement!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I usually would agree. I am a collector of guns and have never refinished one. But these things have doubled if not tripled in price in the last 5 years. Chromed versions are going for $2500 on gunbroker, and I got this one for $1400.  I think after a refinish I could sell it for what I paid and the refinish cost. BUT, some guns in my collection are awful guns that I only have because they will increase in value. Some I have because they are weird. Some because I want it. This one I want, and I want it in chrome, but was not willing to pay en extra grand for. It also is not a very historic firearm. Unique and cool, but not historic. I would never chrome my 1920 Luger even if I thought that would be awesome. Chroming this P7 will put an * next to it's details, but is far from ruining it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Given all that then I withdraw my comment.  Though to be accurate I never said it would "ruin it" and was merely going on the old standard that even cleaning the patina of rust off an old weapon will adversely affect it's value.   Out of curiosity was that $1400 a screaming deal?  I don't have any real desire to own one but I was issued a P7 when I was in JSOC and found it to be a easy shooting accurate pistol.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Given all that then I withdraw my comment.  Though to be accurate I never said it would "ruin it" and was merely going on the old standard that even cleaning the patina of rust off an old weapon will adversely affect it's value.   Out of curiosity was that $1400 a screaming deal?  I don't have any real desire to own one but I was issued a P7 when I was in JSOC and found it to be a easy shooting accurate pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately it was a "decent deal". Prices on them have skyrocketed with demand for a no longer made pistol. Those that have them usually keep them. I wanted one a few years ago and they were $700, but I did not have the money.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
That's one hell of a "first pistol of this brand" purchase.  I am very proud of and pleased with mine.  Really a cool gun!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]
It's fuck ugly

I love it
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I have wanted one of those for a long time, but the prices....
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I would love it, just the way it is.
Don't change  a thing!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a NIB KD code P7M8. I will never shoot it. If I had a gun like yours I would do the chrome finish put on some Nills  and shoot it.
That thing is going to be beautiful when you get the finish done. great pistol enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, aren't you full of surprises
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top